UnderGround Forums

Oklahoma Underground >> XFL champ Houston makes Bellator debut Friday!

3/13/12 1:31 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
liquidsoul
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bellator 61

Quick Card
Thiago Santos vs Eric Prindle
Maiquel Jose Falcao vs Norman Paraisy
Brian Rogers vs Vitor Vianna
Givalindo Santana vs Bruno Santos
Trey Houston vs Jeremiah Riggs
Eric Scallan vs Derrick Krantz
Brenton Taylor vs Josh Quayhagen
Jason Sampson vs Jeremy Myers

March 16, 2012 6:00 PM

Horseshoe Riverdome -- 711 Horseshoe Blvd.
Bossier City, Louisiana
United States

Jeremiah Riggs has won 5 straight, was featured on the The Ultimate Fighter 7 on SpikeTV, but lost his preliminary fight. In 2009, he appeared in the reality series, Daisy of Love. He has fought in the Ultimate Cage Fighting and Southern Fighting Alliance promotions.

VS

Trey "That Just Happened" Houston, undefeated XFL middleweight champion, 9-0 as a pro, all finishes.
3/13/12 1:38 AM
BLPorritt
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sweet!!! Phone Post
3/13/12 8:33 AM
jujitsujamo
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Will this be on MTV2?

Also see Brenton Taylor on the card and Jason Sampson. Sampson is a tough dude that has been around for a while. Phone Post
3/13/12 9:47 AM
Zilla2000

Last I saw Sampson fight was against Shane Howell in OKC. Total domination on the ground by Sampson but Howell hung in there for a few rounds and made some Sakuraba-esque escapes before finally getting caught.

So DAC really has 2 champs fighting on this card. Brent Taylor is the current Rumble on the River champ.
3/15/12 7:38 PM
Zilla2000

Edited: 03/15/12 7:39 PM
Pre televised fights begin live at 6PM CST on bellator.com and spike.com. Post televised fights again at 9PM CST.

Middleweight quarterfinal fights (main card) start live at 7PM CST on MTV2
3/16/12 8:14 PM
Zilla2000

www.spike.com/shows/bellator-fighting-championships/live 
3/16/12 9:09 PM
Zilla2000

Edited: 03/16/12 9:12 PM
Trey Houston wins by armbar 3:30 RD 1

GREAT FIGHT!!!
3/16/12 9:32 PM
kingcha918
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Trey looked amazing that was his toughest fight i was impressed Phone Post
3/16/12 10:28 PM
kingcha918
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Taylor looks a lil chucky and out shape Phone Post
3/16/12 10:53 PM
Zilla2000

Taylor loses a decision. All standup with Taylor being used as target practice in a kickboxing shooting gallery. Taylor toughs it out to the final bell and has a tight guillotine attempt at the last 20 seconds of RD 3. 30-27x3 for Quayhagen.
3/21/12 11:34 PM
Tkick

Taylor took this fight 4 days notice. Hasnt trained for past 2months in Texas do to life's challenges. It was an opportunity and since we did Bellator a favor takin the fight. They will put him on a future card and give him plenty of notice. We was just hopin to catch him on the chin and took a beating tryin. Proud of him for tryin to land shots when all he could do is think about breathing.
4/10/12 6:26 PM
MicahelCage

Congrats to Trey!!!! Very big win against a good opponent....cant wait to see him move on to bigger things! He will be tough for anybody out there!!
4/11/12 12:25 AM
liquidsoul

Happy to announce Trey Houston has just been added to Xtreme Fight Night card June 1st
4/11/12 11:44 AM
MicahelCage

From Bellator to XFN? Not the jump i was thinking of....maybe Brandon Gaines is available.
4/11/12 12:07 PM
liquidsoul

Edited: 04/11/12 12:08 PM
Actualy Mike it was from XFN to Bellator.

Trey's contract was negotiated in such a way that he can still fight for the organization that promoted all of his pro fights.

We are proud of Trey and glad to have himfight back at home after his awesome victory in Bellator.
4/11/12 6:15 PM
LARRY SROCK

all of bellator's contracts are non exclusive, you just have to ask them for permission to fight outside of bellator and keep them posted on who the opponent is.
4/11/12 7:46 PM
MicahelCage

actually it was from xfn UP TO bellator and now BACK DOWN to xfn like i said, seems like a step backward. He fought a good opponent and showed he belongs in that league. In the XFL he only fought 3 guys that have anything close to a winning record and those three guys,Rudy, Lyons and Walker are a combined 0-13 over their last 13 fights. I am dying to see who you guys throw at Trey for this fight!! Gamble might be up around that weight now.
4/11/12 8:50 PM
liquidsoul

When we were building you up we put you on national tv live on HDNET vs Dustin Phillips [5-3 at the time]. That win and the TV exposure that you got helped your career.

If you take away all your fights for XFL Mike you are 5-4 as a pro.

The first time you earned a title shot you signed with WEC instead.

The second time you earned a title shot you got suspended for a year.

4/11/12 8:56 PM
liquidsoul

Ranting about how fighting for us is such a step down, at the same time you are complaining about not getting to fight on this card is weird logic.

All XFL has ever done is help build your career.
4/12/12 12:17 AM
MicahelCage

Really?? My first 4 opponents in the XFL had a combined record of 20-4 at the time I fought each of them. I beat giddens to earn a title shot, Phillips to earn a title shot then Estes to earn a title shot and lastly Carson to earn a title shot. I still never got it. However giddens, Pulsifer, an now Carson have all been given title shots at times that I was available to fight. All of them AFTER I BEAT ALL THREE OF THEM. AND......I made it to the WEC because of Piet. If anything you made it harder. They told Piet I needed to win a title first and Piet had to argue to them that the promotion is screwing with me and not giving me the shot I earned 3 times. I'm over it now, I'll never fight for you again. I fought my ass off for you and get slapped in the face for it. You can keep on setting up your so called "fighters" with complete hacks and I'll go find a promotion looking for real fighters. 
Anyone want to see me fight I will be the Main Event at the Sears Center in Chicago June 16th. Triton MMA Academy will likely be 16-0 on that night!
4/12/12 12:20 AM
MicahelCage

For the record I am 11-1 at 155 pounds. Fought twice at 145 which was dumb obviously and weighed in at 155 but fought Clementi at 165 cause he didn't make weight by ten pounds. 
4/12/12 12:32 AM
MicahelCage

Last stat..... My last 5 opponents have over 130 wins between them.....that's fighting!
4/12/12 12:33 AM
liquidsoul

Good luck.
4/12/12 1:53 AM
BLPorritt
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy Santa Claus Shit!!!!! Phone Post
4/12/12 10:29 AM
Zilla2000

In

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.