UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Thiago Silva on Vera: "I Think He Broke a Nail"

3/14/12 8:52 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Card
1816 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/14/12 8:52 AM

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Thiago-Silva-on-Brandon-Vera-Injury-I-Think-He-Broke-a-Nail-41083

“I re-injured my back 45 days before the fight with Brandon Vera. After not fighting for a year, I made the decision to not pull out of the fight,” wrote Silva in a statement last April. “I also decided that the only way I could continue with the fight was to take injections in my back and spine that contained substances prohibited by the Nevada Athletic Commission. I also made the decision to use a product to hide the presence of these substances in a urine test.”

"For me there is not much to change, but I actually wanted to get Brandon Vera because he talked a lot of nonsense,” Silva said. “He took a beating like a little girl and was crying afterwards. I think [this time] he broke a nail, so he couldn't fight. They offered the Croation [Prokrajac], then Nogueira was hurt -- I don't choose my opponents, so I accepted [the fight with Gustafsson]. I'm happy to be in the main fight of the night, and I will show why I should be there."

"I haven’t fought, but I didn’t stop [training]. I am 100 percent in full swing. I'm very excited; the anticipation is huge to fight again. I'm too hungry for a fight,” he said.

"Anyone who knows me knows my style -- I don't like goofing off. I go there to finish the fight. I will continue to be aggressive,” he said.

"For me, Jon Jones is the guy to beat in the weight division.... Thank you for trusting in my return. You can be assured that I will do everything to give a great show."
3/14/12 9:04 AM
Synado
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ouch.
3/14/12 9:07 AM
Don_Dada
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3/14/12 9:22 AM
NotJustA12er
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MieshaTatesArm -

I hope to see something similar to this after his next fight.
Because you are a piece of shit .
Hope you get KTFO sometime soon hater . Phone Post
3/14/12 9:32 AM
bungles

I think Silva broke the rules. What a puke to talk shit after being caught doing the biggest pussy thing a guy can do in this sport. Stay in brazil and spare us your bullshit! Phone Post
3/14/12 9:49 AM
NotJustA12er

bungles - I think Silva broke the rules. What a puke to talk shit after being caught doing the biggest pussy thing a guy can do in this sport. Stay in brazil and spare us your bullshit! Phone Post
He would win 99 out of 100 rematches .
He did cheat but it was irrelevant . Phone Post
3/14/12 10:25 AM
creepingdeath

NotJustA12er -
bungles - I think Silva broke the rules. What a puke to talk shit after being caught doing the biggest pussy thing a guy can do in this sport. Stay in brazil and spare us your bullshit! Phone Post
You have, unfortunately for you, came across as an idiot. Just re-read the last sentence of your post.

How is the fact he cheated not relevant? It doesn't matter whether he beats Vera 99 times out of 100 if he does it dishonestly. Phone Post
3/14/12 10:44 AM
Tweener

Silva is my favorite fighter to watch in any division. Can't wait. Phone Post
3/14/12 10:51 AM
Shroom
200 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He is one badass dude. While I don't agree with him cheating, I still like him as a fighter.

3/14/12 10:54 AM
caposa
1424 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vera probably wants nothing to do with a rematch and I don't blame him
3/14/12 10:56 AM
figure four

lol at the GSP logic...

He did break the rules but who cares - he would have won any way...

silva calls him a girl...yet he couldn't man up and fight hurt...
plus he premeditated by masking the injections...wow that is manly!

3/14/12 10:58 AM
Gokudamus stole my name
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alex is gonna dig in that ass
3/14/12 11:02 AM
CaptChaos

I hope some of you don't think the stuff Thiago took had a huge impact on his fight with Vera. That was a 1 sided but whooping. No amount of drugs has that kind of impact. Yes technically what he did was illegal and technically the result was changed to a NC because of that but in reality Thiago won the fight.

The same comparison can be made when BJ fought GSP the 2nd time. Do you really think any amount of greasing made much of a difference in that fight?
3/14/12 11:12 AM
Hus
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thiago Silva is my new pick for the answer to "___ and ___ go into a dark alley, who comes out?"  Thiago motherfuckin Silva.
3/14/12 11:17 AM
figure four

Having that much confidence in your skills...and still having to resort to cheating speaks volumes about your mental psyche...

You can always argue, if ever your caught, that no amount of __________ could ever change the fight anyway... you would have won cleanly had you manned up in the first place...

Nice logic!

3/14/12 11:21 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
517 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hard to judge skills after that last fight.

Personally though, when you cheat I don't think you have any room to talk about anyone
3/14/12 11:29 AM
orcus

Machida/Silva was really an epic owning.
3/14/12 11:35 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
517 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus - Machida/Silva was really an epic owning.

Indeed
3/14/12 11:43 AM
creepingdeath

DiazMadeMe BJTheWelshman -
creepingdeath -
NotJustA12er -
You have, unfortunately for you, came across as an idiot. Just re-read the last sentence of your post.

How is the fact he cheated not relevant? It doesn't matter whether he beats Vera 99 times out of 100 if he does it dishonestly. Phone Post
Don't you mean "come across as an idiot"

Irony. Phone Post
I made a grammatical error, notjusta12er said something stupid. Bit of a difference but yeah. Damn irony. Phone Post
3/14/12 11:46 AM
Joshs1990
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

creepingdeath -
NotJustA12er -

Irony. Phone Post
Zing! Phone Post
3/14/12 11:47 AM
Joshs1990
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Love watching him fight! Always brings it and is as violent as they come! Phone Post
3/14/12 12:10 PM
NotJustA12er

creepingdeath -
creepingdeath -
NotJustA12er -

Irony. Phone Post
I made a grammatical error, notjusta12er said something stupid. Bit of a difference but yeah. Damn irony. Phone Post
Why is it a stupid thing to say ?

Vera couldn't ever win that fight . If Thiago lost a leg he would prob still kick Vera's overrated underachieving irrelevant ass .

SONNEN
Hendo
Rampage
Thiago silva
Nate marquart
Randy

What have all these fighters got in common . They all enhance . And they fuckin should . Fuck you and ur negative uninformed ass SIR Phone Post
3/14/12 12:13 PM
NotJustA12er

creepingdeath -
NotJustA12er -

Silva got caught !
Lots of fighters don't it's normal . You are just to dumb to realise that !!!

Lol at cheating Phone Post
3/14/12 12:22 PM
Purgey
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I want Gustaffson to stomp him but Thiago's one dangerous motherfucker and one of my favorite LHW's

This matchup sucks just as bad as Gustaffson/Nog because I love both (no homo)
3/14/12 12:27 PM
Slash
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Total bitch move to take steroids then hide it with MONKEY piss.

But I love watching the guy fight and I'll tune into any event that he's on.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.