UnderGround Forums

MMA Memorabilia UnderGround >> UFC Store autographed posters...

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

3/14/12 8:12 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
grkblood
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe Show Radio, Owner

I was doing some comparisons between what mmacollector has for sale and whats available at ufcstore. com.  I was a bit shocked to see that ufcstore in some cases has fully signed event posters cheaper than the same poster unsigned at mmacollector.

Is there a reason for this? Are the posters that ufcstore.com sells that are older printed at a later date making them not authentic or something?

Someone help me out a little bit here on the differences between the two places.
3/15/12 11:05 AM
fightpimp

That would imply that unsigned posters are not as valuable as signed ones. If somebody collects unsigned versions and hardly any are available dont you think that makes them harder to find?

All items are priced according to supply and demand. If the supply goes down, the price goes up.

The UFC store is on crack as far as their pricing... wayyyy overpriced on some and wayyyy underpriced on others.

The only example I see is the Guida/Sanchez poster and thats because when we bought the few we have from somebody that attended the event and they were not available anyplace. We took a gamble and it didn't pay off. Please tell me what we should do? Should we price the item below what we paid? There was a time when there was an in-experienced "buyer" that was doing the purchasing for the site and a lot of items were acquired above retail cost. Finally if you have ever done business with the UFC you will notice that half of the orders arrive either wrong or damaged. More than half the deals we do are discounted, you just have to ask.

I am the "authenticator" for mmacollector.com.
3/15/12 11:28 AM
grkblood

Joe Show Radio, Owner
Sorry fightpimp, I wasn't trying to step on any toes here. I just jumped into this collecting thing a week ago and I'm trying to learn as much as possible about pricing and whatnot. In fact, I've already bought a poster from you guys over at mmacollector.

My concern was really whether or not all the signed stuff in the ufcstore was genuine or not because like I said the prices didn't add up on some things and I thought that it was pretty weird that the ufcstore would still have autographed memorabilia available from events that took place over 10 years ago.
3/15/12 11:41 AM
dmoney3

Awesome
3/15/12 11:47 AM
hunto21

I've received over a dozen orders from the UFC store and never once had a wrong or damaged item. Trust them 100 percent. They have great prices, discounts all the time, and will offer money back if you arent happy. They are a great option to buy from. They have no mark up, they sell items for what they sold them for at events. No middle man.
3/15/12 11:49 AM
hunto21

Their stuff is all authentic btw. No reproductions
3/15/12 11:49 AM
Big Shot

Grkblood! I have bought almost all of my posters from Mmacollector with the exception of my pride 34 poster. These guys are probally the easiest to work with. You have to understand that with owning a company and overhead every buisness from Mmacollector to McDonald's has to make some money or they wouldn't be in buisness. Look at the prices for example that UFC.COM charges for a poster without autographs. Do you really think that it cost that much money when they buy x amounts of posters? No, they raise the price to make back there money plus profit. Mmacollector does not try to rape people like some people on here. Nate and Brett have worked with me and helped me out tremendously. I'm just starting out like you, and have acquired some really great posters through these guys. Ask anyone in here these guys are professional inevery aspect. 
3/15/12 11:53 AM
fightpimp

hunto21 - They have no mark up, they sell items for what they sold them for at events. No middle man.

You are absolutely WRONG on both counts. 

They use SEENON as their fufillment company.

At least HALF of the signed posters there are priced ABOVE what they sold for at the events.

Also have spent TENS OF THOUSANDS of dollars with them over the years and they have about a 75% undamaged vs 25% damaged arrival rate.
3/15/12 11:56 AM
fightpimp

grkblood - My concern was really whether or not all the signed stuff in the ufcstore was genuine or not because like I said the prices didn't add up on some things and I thought that it was pretty weird that the ufcstore would still have autographed memorabilia available from events that took place over 10 years ago.

They have shit saved in their "vault" as they like to call it that would blow you away. Everything they sell is authentic and original as far as I have seen in the past 10+ years.
3/15/12 11:57 AM
fightpimp

MMTT_Lloyd gave me my bluename - I know someone who works for the ufcstore and when they determine pricing for a postet, someone spins a "wheel of fortune"-esque wheel from $75-$500 and charge whatever it lands on

Bwahahaha +10^^^
3/15/12 11:58 AM
hunto21

The vast majority of their items are priced at retail. Even when there is an overpriced item they always have 25-30 percent discounts going. They are a wonderful option.
3/15/12 12:57 PM
mmagirl104
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Where do you guys get your discount codes from? From time to time I get a ufc newsletter with a 10 to 20% discount code, but I don't remember seeing 25-30%. I'm not a fight club member so maybe that makes a difference?
3/15/12 1:30 PM
JSF_UFC

the codes are sometimes on their shop website. the auto japan program seems WAY over priced for 500!!!!
3/15/12 1:49 PM
fightpimp

JSF_UFC - the auto japan program seems WAY over priced for 500!!!!

agreed. BUT, hunto could probably swing you a deal on the ufc japan program... only $3,500, it's a deal because it's hunto's!
3/15/12 1:58 PM
hunto21

That makes it a lot more special. Just my touching it increases the value exponentially.
3/15/12 2:00 PM
Big Shot

Lmfao!!!!
3/15/12 2:24 PM
OnAHigherLevel
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fightpimp - Also have spent TENS OF THOUSANDS of dollars with them over the years and they have about a 75% undamaged vs 25% damaged arrival rate.

I would say this is a pretty accurate number. Seems signed ones are slightly less likely to arrive damaged. The unsigned are put in tubes that are too small and need to be cut, extended, and then taped. Also i would add that i would guess that when they do arrive damaged it was probably done more often by the person packaging the poster rather than during shipping. Thats been my experience.
3/15/12 6:14 PM
bjjdna
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UFC store has fucked up about 75% of my orders in one way or another. I think I'm on their shitlist for getting pissed at them. Either that or they are complete morons.

That said - they always take care of the problem if you complain.
3/15/12 9:14 PM
fightpimp

bjjdna - That said - they always take care of the problem if you complain.

They used to 100%, these days it's not as easy... i stopped ordering and buy my shit off the couple of ebay guys that get the shit from them direct. a lot easier.
3/15/12 10:35 PM
hunto21

Since I can't respond to your pm fightpimp, I'll just address you here. The only business I discussed was the UFC store, if you have a problem with that then idk what to tell ya. I have yet to mention the company you do appraisals for, yet alone bad mouth them in any way. Plea stop threatening me for free speech.
3/15/12 11:18 PM
Big Shot

The UFC store ruined my iceman giclee back in the days, by sending it to me in a freaking envelope! 2x they screwed it up. 3rd one I received was jacked up too. Finally just kept it.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.