UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Pettis not considering drop to 145 lbs.

3/15/12 12:54 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

The former WEC champ, who was expected to fight current UFC champ Benson Henderson until Frankie Edgar instead recently got the rematch, curbed the speculation on Wednesday.

Pettis' name had been attached to rumors of a possible move to Strikeforce to fight champ Gilbert Melendez or a move down to 145 pounds to fight UFC titleholder Jose Aldo.

"I'm not dropping to 145 to fight aldo!" he tweeted. "155 is my home, and I'll get that belt soon!!!"

read entire article...

3/15/12 12:59 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GrayKickass
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not too bothered. There are still loads of exciting match-ups at lightweight for him.
3/15/12 1:13 PM
theinfamousjmo
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Have they ruled out him going to fight Melendez yet? Phone Post
3/15/12 1:37 PM
demonbasketball04
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good. He doesn't need to drop a weight class jsut to chase a title. His shot at LW will come, he'll jsut have to keep knocking off contenders until Edgar is done with his rematch trilogy.
3/15/12 1:53 PM
toovie
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If edgar wins there will be another rematch i dont want him to drop a weight but say he did won the belt then that puts him in as champion vs champion no more waiting what if aldo says thats it im going up to LW and he gets the shot before him the ufc would put a champ vs champ fight 1st Phone Post
3/15/12 5:43 PM
Evilzpet
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

good to hear, rather see him stay at lw
3/15/12 10:56 PM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nexus_Rising - I don't know why anyone would want to fight at 155, the UFC belt is worthless, the guy who has the belt isn't even the real Champion.

The UFC should just get rid of it, it's a bunch of scrubs anyway.

Troll alert.....

ON the subject,Pettis is entitled to another title-shot. I personally think he should just wait until the winner of Bendo Edgar 2 is announced (i think Bendo will win the second time as well) since it is a little silly he actually did not get the title-shot right away (it was due). But if he chooses to fight again it should be in the UFC not in Strikeforce (who the hell would want to move to the Strikeforce light weight division in their prime anyways).

I personally think that one more win for Pettis earns him a title-shot for sure.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.