UnderGround Forums

ConspiracyGround >> Symbols

3/16/12 12:39 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
thedogofdogs
1018 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Have you ever thought about how many symbols you see in your life everyday?

What if symbols had power?

Some Masons, not all!!!

Believe in the power of symbols, and their use. I find my self believing in the power of symbols.

Solomon was a creator of symbols, and his full story was once part of the bible. His use and belief in the power of these symbols or talismans is too my belief a great mistake in most religions because they refuse to acknowledge such wisdom.

If anyone else is interesting in dicussing this, just let me know and i'll be happy too.
3/25/12 6:25 AM
inf0
308 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AOS

4/10/12 5:00 AM
jimmy23
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

there seems to be two main schools of thought in esoteric circles, though I do not see them in conflict, just two ways of looking at the issue

one, symbols are keys to acessing the subconscious and its potentialities though archetypal imagery

two, symbols are an interface between the unseen and the seen, and provide a common "language" for communication between the two 

and there are alos those who say that the use of certain symbols by many people throughout history (hebrew letters, for example) has imbued these symbols with power, sort of like an egregore effect
4/10/12 11:58 AM
yakumomutsu
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For later
4/10/12 4:05 PM
yakumomutsu
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

inf0 - AOS

What's that? Phone Post
4/10/12 11:27 PM
thedogofdogs
1018 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

aos...ahead of schedule.

Hey, i'm a mechanic in a coal mine, so it has been a long week, i will get too discussing this within the nxt day or two.

Jimmy, no that is not the way of Solomon, but i will explain it soon...

best wishes.
4/11/12 12:32 AM
jimmy23
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I  thought that we were talking about general use of symbols.... 
4/11/12 11:51 AM
thedogofdogs

oh sorry....yakumomutsu wants to talk about symbols as in the law of attraction...this weekend i'll cover it as completly as possible.
4/11/12 12:12 PM
yakumomutsu

Honestly it's all interesting to me

Please feel free to discuss all of the above lol Phone Post
4/11/12 7:27 PM
jimmy23

yaku, feel free to ask a question to start a discussion - my answers are mine only and certainly should not be considered authoritative, but I do enjoy discussing this stuff 
4/11/12 11:45 PM
yakumomutsu

Right on man!

How's about...

A quick "Idiots Guide" rundown of Symbolism.

Can you guys tell me what you guys believe Solomon practiced/believed?

What was/is Solomon's Key?

I guess that's a good start lol, but like I posted earlier please feel free to discuss anything/everything. Because of my lack of knowledge on the subject I really don't know if I'm asking the right questions. Phone Post
4/12/12 4:45 AM
jimmy23

Edited: 04/12/12 4:45 AM
yakumomutsu -  Right on man!

How's about...

A quick "Idiots Guide" rundown of Symbolism.

Can you guys tell me what you guys believe Solomon practiced/believed?

What was/is Solomon's Key?

I guess that's a good start lol, but like I posted earlier please feel free to discuss anything/everything. Because of my lack of knowledge on the subject I really don't know if I'm asking the right questions. Phone Post
I cannot tell you anything about "the magic of Solomon" because I have never studied anything that is framed within those terms

As for the "idiots guide" I mentioned a few schools of thought that may seem to be contradictory, but they are not. One of the Hermetic axioms is "As above,so below,  as within, so without"

A Hermetic axiom is "All causation is internal"

Hermetics can be viewed as a sophisticated system of psychology whose purpose is to expand the mind and emotions to allow a person more liberation in this life. 

If one accepts the Hermetic axiom that I typed above, then one can say that liberation, fredom, and power only come from freeing the mind from the conditionings of society, family, and personal experience.

In Hermetics, we say that there are three variables to true freedom - Wisdom, Power, and Love. The symbolism is a key to approach each of these aspects from a different direction.  Often, early in the path, we have an affinity for one aspect or another and miss or ignore the other two paths. Life has a way of making these mistakes obvious to us if we pay attention, and offering us chances for correcting such imbalances

ok, thats a start, now ask some more questions ;)

4/12/12 3:25 PM
thedogofdogs

symbols are simple a drawing aren't they, i mean that the store known as macys would have no problem having an ad that did not use a pentagram in it, wouldn't they?

All their ads have the pentagram in them, why?

could it be because the pentagram is a ancient symbol of luck and of inner power,

http://media.animevice.com/uploads/1/18405/396110-pentagram2.gif

It is used by all practitioners of magick.

Some people even hang it in and on their homes.

It has the right formulation of geometry that carries power or attraction to the owner.

I know a person would think could it really be true, that by understanding geometry and using it in symbols that are placed around your home or carried on your person, that a person can actually help change their circumstances.

Solomon believed you could.
4/12/12 3:41 PM
thedogofdogs

Is a symbol a symbol, or is it geometry?

Can the proper understanding of geometry open the door to such abilities such as attraction of things you want?

Some groups such as the FreeMasons and the Rosicrucians believe that geometry is sacred and powerful when used in the form of symbols.

The pentagram is a common symbol inside a Freemason lodge room.

The ancient Egyptians used symbols in all of their worship ceremonies and in their prayer rooms.

And when studied a person could find that all of our worlds religions have some symbol or sacred geometry that they dearly hold too.

Why?
4/13/12 8:30 PM
yakumomutsu

ttt Phone Post
4/13/12 11:51 PM
jimmy23

the real answer is always subjective - begin to work with symbols that appeal to you, be able to meditate while visualizing them. See what happens, and record your results in a journal 
4/16/12 2:51 PM
yakumomutsu

What's your guys opinion of the Hamsa? Phone Post
4/16/12 2:51 PM
yakumomutsu

Any recs for books, websites, or documentaries to look into? Phone Post
4/17/12 3:29 AM
jimmy23

will add more later 
4/18/12 12:25 AM
jimmy23

yakumomutsu -  Any recs for books, websites, or documentaries to look into? Phone Post
be more specific - what are you looking for or interested in ?

General information ? Working with symbols ? A survey course on hermetics?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.