UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Fertitta promises mega card for UFC debut in NY

3/16/12 7:09 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
924 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

If lawmakers are looking for an extra reason to finally get this done, UFC CEO Lorenzo Fertitta recently said the organization wouldn't put on an ordinary event when they're finally allowed to make their Madison Square Garden debut.

"When we come [to New York]," he said, "we're going to blow it out. We're going to put on a ridiculous UFC 100-style card, stacked, big, open to the public weigh-ins, press conferences, after-parties, the whole deal. Everybody will be there. This is going to be an event that will remind you of 1971 when Ali fought Frazier for the first time and every celebrity in New York had to be there.

"The biggest problem that I'm going to have is going to be where to sit everybody and who gets seats and who doesn't. It's going to be crazy."

Think the UFC boss is anxious to finally put on an event in New York or what?

read entire article...

3/16/12 7:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chris
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, COO
 I wonder if it'll be on a battleship :)
3/16/12 7:24 PM
bigfig68
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silva vs GSP Phone Post
3/16/12 7:26 PM
Gordo1581
461 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Everybody will be there. This is going to be an event that will remind you of 1971 when Ali fought Frazier for the first time and every celebrity in New York had to be there.

Good luck.
3/16/12 7:37 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
I'll just be happy they're in NY. It's a been a long battle to get it there.
3/16/12 7:40 PM
Radio Raheem
1317 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome. I can't wait for 2017 to get here! Phone Post
3/16/12 7:40 PM
Northside Strangler
418 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jones/Hendo
GSP/Condit
Weidman vs. top MW
Rashad will probably wanna be on that card Phone Post
3/16/12 8:06 PM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is the chance to blackmail Lorenzo into the most epic match-ups ever.

Silva/Jones,GSP/Diaz/Pettis Bendo 2/Hendo Shogun 2...make it happen nyc legislators,one's in a live time opportunity...

Fuck just woke up to the harsh reality that Silva will probably be retired when this NYC cards gets put together.
3/16/12 8:08 PM
UGCTT_LnPninja

fightharder - This is the chance to blackmail Lorenzo into the most epic match-ups ever.

Silva/Jones,GSP/Diaz/Pettis Bendo 2/Hendo Shogun 2...make it happen nyc legislators,one's in a live time opportunity...

Fuck just woke up to the harsh reality that Silva will probably be retired when this NYC cards gets put together.

My brain hurts...
3/16/12 8:16 PM
cross3dout
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Winner of Reem/JDS against Cain/Mir winner
GSP V Condit Or Benson V Pettis
Jones first fight at HW (hometown kid)
Rory Macdonald vs Nick Diaz
Damian Maia vs Toquinho (paul Harris)
Edson Barboza Vs Joe Lauzon Phone Post
3/16/12 8:25 PM
ElTriangulo
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP could finish Silva...
3/16/12 8:36 PM
Aleck911
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

one's in a live time
Water flowing underground

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was Phone Post
3/16/12 8:46 PM
UGCTT_THE Kevin Chandler
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_LnPninja - 
fightharder - This is the chance to blackmail Lorenzo into the most epic match-ups ever.

My brain hurts...

Hurts?!?!?!  I'm fucking DYING laughing over her.  You can't make that shit up!  One's in a live time?  You've got to be kidding me! BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Reminds me of Ricky from tpb.  Worst case Ontario...
3/16/12 8:50 PM
BooZe

Ones in a live time. Phone Post
3/16/12 8:51 PM
Vicmister
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris -  I wonder if it'll be on a battleship :)

I lol'ed, memories
3/16/12 8:52 PM
Wanderlei Cesar da Silva fan

TPB is the best Phone Post
3/16/12 11:04 PM
LI PWR
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/16/12 11:05 PM
<blockquote>SlyStallowned - ^ What a novel argument! Boxing has 'died' dozens of times since the 1800's....do you have anything original to add or will you just continue to parrot a line you've heard others say?<br /><br />Saying that, however, doesn't disprove what I said though. If the UFC event in NYC is as big a deal for celebrities as Ali/Frazier was (as Lorenzo would apparently want us to believe it will be), there is no reason that all the top stars of today shouldn't be there as they were for that fight. Fact of the matter is though that there isn't a fight in MMA that could be made that would draw the attention of the world like that fight did. A UFC event in NYC will be no different than one in Vegas or LA.</blockquote><br /><br />No different from Vegas or LA? Are you nuts? Couldn't disagree more. I live in NY and when this city gets behind a sporting event/team it is wild! You're forgetting how big NYC is not even including the tri-state area outside the city (vicinity of millions in NY, NJ and CT who live just outside NYC). <br />But here's the most important thing that will differentiate it from every other UFC event-NYC is the media capital of the world!!!! And it's not even close!!! That event will be absolutely electric! Can't wait!!!!<br />
3/16/12 11:08 PM
32Hunter

GSP Diaz must be there.
3/17/12 12:39 AM
Motivated Penn
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RyannVonDoom - 
ssj - Why isn't every card UFC 100-stacked?

It's not like they don't have the roster ..

Because they dont want to.. they want to water the cards down to get the most money out of us.

Jeez, crybaby.

>one's in a live time opportunity
WAT
3/17/12 12:42 AM
Northside Strangler
418 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RyannVonDoom - 
ssj - Why isn't every card UFC 100-stacked?

It's not like they don't have the roster ..

Because they dont want to.. they want to water the cards down to get the most money out of us.
But if you stream it you're not a fan 

3/17/12 12:55 AM
UGCTT_stu0411
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_LnPninja -

My brain hurts...
Is this the new "living death"? Maybe not but I lol'd Phone Post
3/17/12 1:07 AM
SJCOTTON
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana vs Tito Phone Post
3/17/12 1:12 AM
BzGrappla

Keep GSP off the card.. he wont finish.

Get Diaz and Melendez on that card.

Diaz vs Kampman
3/17/12 1:39 AM
32Hunter

actually fuck that shit, Diaz needs to headline screw these 3 round fights.
3/17/12 5:32 AM
Jaybrone
272 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

While I can't wait to see GSP smash Diaz for 5 rounds of takedown and domination I don't think that fight ever happens.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.