UnderGround Forums

SoundGround >> Can someone tell me what key this is in?

3/16/12 10:45 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
dustynothing
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am feeling like its G minor but I don't know for sure.

The verse has these notes: G, A#, C, C#
Chorus has these notes: C, A#, C#, G, F

The song is is played with power chords.

If anyone more musically inclined can help me out I'd appreciate it!
3/17/12 12:33 AM
iChode
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/17/12 12:36 AM
 Well based off the notes you gave it's probably in f minor or the relative major which is Ab 

It would help me a lot more if you posted the actual song.

Hope I helped. 

3/17/12 9:20 AM
dustynothing
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's something I am just messing around with on my guitar. Just a simple punk song with a simple riff for the verse. I usually thought that a good indication of what key its in is the first note or a note that's played the most, which in this case is G. I never would have guessed f minor. thanks for your reply.
4/24/12 9:31 PM
sreiter
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dustynothing - It's something I am just messing around with on my guitar. Just a simple punk song with a simple riff for the verse. I usually thought that a good indication of what key its in is the first note or a note that's played the most, which in this case is G. I never would have guessed f minor. thanks for your reply.

its not the chords/bass notes...it the tone center

in every major key, there are seven different chords. The order of these chords are: major, minor, minor, major, major, minor, and diminished. The order is the same for whichever major key you are in.

if you had a song whos chords were Cmaj and Dmaj, that would be the 4 IV and V (only place where 2 major chords are together) of G maj So G is the tone center

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.