UnderGround Forums

NFLGround >> My feelings on Philly and the NFC East

3/18/12 12:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SinCityHustler
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cowboys fan since the NFC championship game against San Francisco in 1982, (Montana to Clark, "The Catch").  

With that said, I am also a fan of the Redskins, Giants and Cardinals, (The NFC East).  Not a fan as in I pull for them all the time,  but just when my beloved Dallas Cowboys are no longer in the hunt or when Dallas is running away with it and the others represent the East but are no threat to our success.  I've pulled for Washington, NY and Arizona every time that they've been in a Super Bowl or playoffs that does not have them facing Dallas.  

With all of that said, I can't stand Philly and despise them even more than SF or Green Bay.  I hope they never win a Super Bowl and I love seeing them lose.  I love the fact that Dallas has 5 Super Bowls, NY has 4 and Washington has 3, yet the bEagles have ZERO.  The most storied division since the inception of the Super Bowl has won 12 Lombardi trophies and ZERO belong to Philly.  I like seeing the entire division improve, (even Philly) just as long as the bEagles don't have success eventual success in the post season.  Seeing them fail last season was so sweet after seeing them called the dream team and their huge expectations after pre season free agency signings.  

The divisionshould be much bette next season and hopefully Dallas gets back to its winning ways
3/19/12 12:10 PM
HEMAN
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Giants will be BEAST once again.
Eagles are unknown. They are very talented but they went all in. Now they have one of the oldest team in the NFL.
Boys free agency haul was impressive. However...the draft is where teams are built and I'm hopeful on their selection.
Skins are all in on RG3. Should be 8 and 8 with their defensive and WR upgrades.
3/22/12 10:35 AM
east
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good posts but you never know with the Gmen.
3/22/12 4:25 PM
SiftMyMind

Edited: 03/22/12 4:25 PM
SinCityHustler - Cowboys fan since the NFC championship game against San Francisco in 1982, (Montana to Clark, "The Catch").

With that said, I am also a fan of the Redskins, Giants and Cardinals, (The NFC East). Not a fan as in I pull for them all the time, but just when my beloved Dallas Cowboys are no longer in the hunt or when Dallas is running away with it and the others represent the East but are no threat to our success. I've pulled for Washington, NY and Arizona every time that they've been in a Super Bowl or playoffs that does not have them facing Dallas.

With all of that said, I can't stand Philly and despise them even more than SF or Green Bay. I hope they never win a Super Bowl and I love seeing them lose. I love the fact that Dallas has 5 Super Bowls, NY has 4 and Washington has 3, yet the bEagles have ZERO. The most storied division since the inception of the Super Bowl has won 12 Lombardi trophies and ZERO belong to Philly. I like seeing the entire division improve, (even Philly) just as long as the bEagles don't have success eventual success in the post season. Seeing them fail last season was so sweet after seeing them called the dream team and their huge expectations after pre season free agency signings.

The divisionshould be much bette next season and hopefully Dallas gets back to its winning ways

Damn! That's some serious hate, bro.

6/26/12 6:34 AM
SinCityHustler

On another note, I have finally forgiven SF for 1982 and am letting go of the hatred for them.  Not like I will pull for them or anything but if they win some games, so be it.  GB and Pitt still on my shit list but not as bad as before.  I recently amended my feelings towards these teams because I'm an adult and it's rather immature to HATE so passionately.  

PHILLY I STILL HATE WITH A PASSION!!!
6/26/12 7:00 PM
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope you enjoy hyet another year of Jerryball. High expectations with no result.
6/26/12 7:20 PM
SinCityHustler

I enjoy every year, thank you.  
6/26/12 8:24 PM
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And well you should. Even when your (or any) team disappoints, it is still the best sports league in the world.

7/26/12 8:58 AM
Khun Kao
1252 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The competition in the NFC East should be a lot better this year. The 'Skins are FINALLY starting to do things the right way (about damn time!!!!), the Giants always find a way to be in the hunt, and both Philly and Dallas have the talent on their squands to win the division (but its always a crapshoot if they have the chemistry to do so from year-to-year).
7/26/12 6:20 PM
Waylay

Khun Kao - The competition in the NFC East should be a lot better this year. The 'Skins are FINALLY starting to do things the right way (about damn time!!!!), the Giants always find a way to be in the hunt, and both Philly and Dallas have the talent on their squands to win the division (but its always a crapshoot if they have the chemistry to do so from year-to-year).
I disagree the the Skins sure doing things the right way. They have mortgaged their immediate future RG3. They have no first round draft pick the next two years. If he is not great then they will fall behind the division once again. Phone Post
7/27/12 7:27 AM
Khun Kao
1252 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Waylay - 
Khun Kao - The competition in the NFC East should be a lot better this year. The 'Skins are FINALLY starting to do things the right way (about damn time!!!!), the Giants always find a way to be in the hunt, and both Philly and Dallas have the talent on their squands to win the division (but its always a crapshoot if they have the chemistry to do so from year-to-year).
I disagree the the Skins sure doing things the right way. They have mortgaged their immediate future RG3. They have no first round draft pick the next two years. If he is not great then they will fall behind the division once again. Phone Post

Point taken, but I've got my fingers & toes crossed that the RGIII pick pans out. If it works, we did the right thing. If it doesn't, I'm back to drinking heavily on Sunday afternoons.
8/5/12 8:02 PM
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think it is getting tougher and tougher to tell how a team will do each year because about 1/3 of the players in the league switch teams in the offseason.

That being said I think there are things you look for on every successful team and one of those things is dominate offensive and defensive line play and the Giants most certainly have those things. I think they are still the team to beat in that division.

As far as the Cowboys go, as usual they are talented but I think they have some big holes on their team. Their DBs are a weak point for this team. They just aren't as talented as a Super Bowl team needs to be. I think that though they are talented, Felix Jones and Demarco Murray are the same back, and both have been injury prone. If one or both go down there will be more pressure on Romo and that hasn't been the best situation for the Cowboys.

I think Philly is overrated, and they been for years. Andy Reid does a great job coaching the team but as a whole they are simply overrated.

The Skins are interesting. Shanahan loves QBs like RG3. He can use his zone running game, and work in his play action, and bootlegs he is notorious for.

Should be an interesting division, but the Gmen are the team to beat without a doubt.
8/19/12 11:25 PM
SinCityHustler

Well other than in '83, what have the Redskins ever done to us?  We own those guys.  They're like our retarded little brother and they do represent our division.  Truth be told, I have no animosity for them one bit.  When we play them of course I hope we win and win big but I hardly consider them any sort of a threat.  
9/1/12 8:11 AM
TenOfSwords
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Eagles need to get rid of Fat Boy and hire Bill Cowher.

Hopefully that will happen in about four months (at least the first part anyway).

9/27/12 1:29 AM
SinCityHustler

bEagles taking on the Super Bowl champs this weekend and I'll be looking for the pass rush to get to Vick early and often.  Wouldn't surprise me if they put him on the shelf.  The guy can only take so many hits and he's been getting burried lately. 

9/29/12 5:50 AM
TenOfSwords
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dump Fat Boy!  Dump Vick!  Cowher Power is the answer!

And if Cowher does take over, Vick is surely gone, as Cowher can't stand Vick.

12/18/12 6:45 AM
SinCityHustler

Last place Philly and first place Dallas.  Liking this season after all. 

12/29/12 2:48 AM
TenOfSwords

But it will be third-place Dallas after the Giants win and the Redskins kill the Cowboys in the cold weather.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.