UnderGround Forums

NFLGround >> Peyton Manning Picks The Denver Broncos!!!

8/16/12 5:31 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well I am no Texans homer. I am going to tell you, they won't miss Williams or Ryans. In the first five games of last season they averaged 2.4 sacks a game with Mario playing. After he got injured they averages 2.9 sacks a game. Now those young guys who stepped up to cover Mario have had a full off season in the program, they will only get better.

Ryans saw less and less play time as the season went on. They traded him to the Eagles willingly for a 4th round draft pick. He didn't suit the scheme, and they kept the guys who do suit the scheme, and they showed it last year.

Can't wait to see how both the Texans and Broncos go early on in the season. Both will be very interesting to watch.
9/7/12 6:48 PM
Dean of Weed
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a Tampa Bay Buccaneer fan & was happy to see that we picked up Dallas Clark. However, for not having any LB or depth at LB position (exception - Quincy Black) we don't have a lot of cap room to work with.

I wanted to see Reggie Wayne follow Manning over to the Bronco's. I think Manning is way better QB than Tebow, and it was a great move by Elway.
9/9/12 2:13 AM
TenOfSwords
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryans is damaged goods.  Typical Eagles FA signing.

But if Schaub and Foster and Johnson stay healthy, the Texans got this.

10/29/12 10:29 AM
SiftMyMind
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glad to see P. Manning performing very well so far.

I expect performance to improve as chemistry with his new receivers improves.

10/31/12 1:42 AM
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I predicted .500 at the bye. Denver is working out issues like DT fumbling, McGahee fumbling, etc. They are not glaring problems. Denver is as much of a contender as any team in the NFL. We spotted Atlanta 4 turnovers and lost by 6 in their house.

If/once Denver gets a lead I think we are pretty much unstoppable to beat because the opposing team will be forced to abandon the running game and as far as players who can get to the QB we have to be one of the top 3 in the NFL. Teams we play better hope we do not get up on them by 10-14pts because if we do their QB is going to be sitting duck.
10/31/12 12:44 PM
Slydawg

I would have to agree... I don't see anyone in the AFC west beating out the Bronocs.
11/1/12 1:33 PM
SiftMyMind

Remaining Games:

Week 09
@ Cincinnati Bengals
- Very winnable game

Week 10
@ Carolina Panthers
- Very winnable game

Week 11
San Diego Chargers
- Chargers are falling apart
- Very winnable game

Week 12
@ Kansas City Chiefs
- Chiefs are falling apart
- Very winnable game

Week 13
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Very winnable game

Week 14
@ Oakland Raiders
- Very winnable game

Week 15
@ Baltimore Ravens
- Tough game

Week 16
Cleveland Browns
- Very winnable game

Week 17
Kansas City Chiefs
- Very winnable game

The remaining schedule and the current level of play are favourable to the broncos winning the division.

11/1/12 4:02 PM
Slydawg

Of all those games, I think the panthers will be a tough matchup. The broncos should only lose 1-2 games tops pending something like injuries etc. Phone Post
11/20/12 3:05 PM
SiftMyMind

Broncos are 7-3 right now.

Upcoming games:

Week 12 @ Kansas City Chiefs
- Very winnable game

Week 13 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Tough game

Week 14 @ Oakland Raiders
- Very winnable game

Week 15@ Baltimore Ravens
- Tough game

Week 16 Cleveland Browns
- Very winnable game

Week 17 Kansas City Chiefs
- Very winnable game

They should be at the worst 11-5 by end of season

12/2/12 10:02 PM
SiftMyMind

Broncos finish the 3rd quarter of the season with a record of 9-3
and
a guaranteed PLAYOFF SPOT!!

12/3/12 11:38 PM
SiftMyMind

Edited: 12/03/12 11:38 PM
Actually, the NFL site shows that Denver has ALREADY WON the AFC West (even with with four games left).
12/4/12 3:26 AM
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Denver is going to be very tough to beat. There is no doubt that we are going to score points, and if we should get a lead of 10 or more the other teams running game will have to take a back seat to their passing attack. That allows Doom, Von, and Wolfe to get after the QB, and nobody in the NFL gets pressure on the QB like we do.

We signed Jacob Hester and I am looking forward to him being on the field. He bangs out tough yards, and we need a physical back now that Willis is down.

I do not think that any team wants to see us in the playoffs. Atlanta and Houston got lucky that we committed so many turnovers in those games, and they still could only beat us by 6, and lets not forget that was at the beginning of the year when we were trying to mesh together. Well now this team is on the same page, and that is trouble for any team we face.
12/5/12 2:48 AM
SiftMyMind

Waylay - 
SiftMyMind -
Waylay - Superbowl contender? They will be lucky to make the playoffs this year. Last year they had a cupcake schedule. They have a much tougher schedule this year. Manning will no doubt upgrade the offense, but their defense was woeful last year. They have done nothing to upgrade it. 9-7 at best.

What's that you say?
Lucky to make the playoffs this year?

Wanna wager a blue name that they don't make the playoffs?

You have got yourself a bet. Phone Post

12/5/12 2:50 AM
SiftMyMind

SiftMyMind - 
Doomsday - 
SiftMyMind - 
Doomsday - Chiefs win division, one month for each win ahead of Denver. Same deal I had with 303.

Huh?

I don't understand the terms (and I don't know what bet you had with 303).
Please state the terms clearly so I know what they are and I will agree to them.

P.S. You are my buddy but you are going down, bro...lol

What don't you understand?
I say KC wins division. For each win ahead of Denver, you owe me one month of a screen name of my choice. You say Denver wins. So if another 4 Chiefs superstars go down to ACL tears again, then I owe you one month of a screen name of your choice for every game Denver wins more than KC. Comprende?

One thing I do 'comprende' is that you won't be wearing your regular screen name for a quite a while after next year.

12/5/12 2:50 AM
SiftMyMind

:)
12/5/12 6:36 PM
Slydawg

Of the remaining schedule I think Cleveland might be tough. They have Joe Haden and a power back Trent Richardson. If they can control the ball it might be a close game. Not sure I would say Denver loses but if just might be a struggle. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.