UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bustamante vs. Menne II could be Murilo's last

3/20/12 12:35 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

It’s been 10 years since Murilo Bustamante defeated Dave Menne to become the second UFC middleweight champion.

Two years removed from his last fight, Bustamante will return to action to once again face Menne, this time as part of Amazon Forest Combat 2 in his native Brazil.

“I was supposed to fight in October 2010 in Sweden for Superior FC and in Clube Da Luta in Brazil in July 2011, but I got injuries in both cases,” said Bustamante. “I didn’t give up the (will to) fight or retire, I just couldn’t fight because of injuries I had.

“My training is going very well, and I am being very careful to not get any kind of injury in this camp.”

“Probably this will be my last year in the cage and my goal is to fight in Brazil and Rio, my city, where everything started a long time ago.

“I will always do what I do: Training my fighters and living my life in the sport; teaching, managing and helping my fighters. The chance to be in the cage will make me a better coach for my students and fighters.”

Read entire article...

3/20/12 12:41 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jaytrainwreck
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War Bustamante Phone Post
3/20/12 12:42 AM
minotauro11
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought he hung them up after the Jesse Taylor fight. Glad he didn't because he is one of my all-time favorites. He is probably the most underrated and unappreciated guys in the sport. He is a legend but gets no recognition.

Can't wait for this fight, and I hope he goes out on a win, and I think he will. Phone Post
3/20/12 12:43 AM
Jack Skellington
824 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i thought Busta retired after that JT Money fight
3/20/12 12:48 AM
DamnSevern
1198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

- Murilo Bustamante vs Dave Menne
- Thales Leites vs Matt Horwich
- Gustavo Ximu vs Patrick Côté
- Ronnys Torres vs Ferrid Kheder
- Daniel Acácio vs Josh Burkman
- Satoshi Ishii vs Rameau Sokoudjou
3/20/12 11:26 AM
Kirik
1846 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground, Mayor for Life
 Great card. Bustamante deserves far more recognition.
3/20/12 11:29 AM
Elrond Hubbard
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

most underrated legend in the sport. one of the most robbed fighter in history.
3/20/12 11:35 AM
Ramon Maroni

damn solid card
3/20/12 11:38 AM
PassnSmash

Elrond Hubbard - most underrated legend in the sport. one of the most robbed fighter in history.
This. His fight with Big Cat was freaking awesome!

War Busta! Phone Post
3/20/12 11:40 AM
DamnSevern
1198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NarlyPersianDude - I will be rooting for the great Bustamante, the man is a legend and needs to get his props.

3/20/12 12:48 PM
NBK > 209

Why does Bustamante always looks like he's about to cry, like he's so sad, wtf?
3/20/12 1:40 PM
dentalninja
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Elrond Hubbard - most underrated legend in the sport. one of the most robbed fighter in history.

Yes, and yes.
3/20/12 2:21 PM
Kneeblock
173 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder if this is a campaign to get a UFC fight. He has Toquinho in there so he's obviously connected to management. A Busta vs. Franklin retirement fight would be fun. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.