UnderGround Forums

NBAGround >> JJ Hickson bought out by Kings

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

3/20/12 4:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Floppy Divac
884 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Where do you guys think he ends up?  Warriors could use him, but he's still not the center they need right now.

J.J. Hickson agrees to buyout with Kings

The Golden State Warriors and Phoenix Suns have emerged as frontrunners for potential free agent J.J. Hickson, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Hickson agreed to a buyout on the remainder of the $2.3 million on his expiring deal with the Sacramento Kings on Monday. He needs to clear waivers for him to become a free agent. He wants a team where he’ll have a chance to get playing time and restore his value.

Hickson, 23, was the 19th overall pick in the 2008 draft and had been considered a valued prospect in his first few seasons with the Cleveland Cavaliers. He was traded to the Kings for Omri Casspi in June and played sparingly for Sacramento this season. After Hickson averaged 13.8 points and 8.7 rebounds last season, injuries and sparse playing time have lowered him to 4.7 points and 5.1 rebounds per game this season.

Suns general manager Lance Blanks was one of the executives responsible for drafting Hickson for the Cavaliers.

3/20/12 4:31 PM
Floppy Divac
884 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also, while I'm not too familiar with the Suns roster they've surprised me a bit this year and have been pretty good at times.  Nash is a fucking badass, still.
3/21/12 3:28 PM
MadDog243
353 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Hickson on this team but honestly our rotation at the 4 and 5 is pretty set so I dont know where he fits in. I definately dont want him taking any of markieff morris's minutes.

And yeah the Suns have been playing awesome ball since the allstar break (They are 9-3 now I believe). The roster is kind of a mix and match but they are starting to get a feel for eachother. The lost a fuckin heartbreaker to the heat last night up by ten with six minutes to go, and then give up a 17-0 run) but hopefully will be able to continue this level of play and get in the postseason.

Steve Nash, fuck man what can you say. At 38 he is averaging 15 and 11 and 55% from the field. All his numbers are better than Stockton's at 38 and Nash has more responsibility than Stockton did at that age. Never mind what a classy fucker he is, refusing to ask for a trade even when Phoenix was playing like shit the first half of the season.
3/21/12 3:43 PM
Floppy Divac

Great points, Morris looked good in what little I've seen him play.
3/21/12 5:10 PM
PoundforPound
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/21/12 5:17 PM
It might be blasphemy but I too like Steve Nash's game more than Stockton's.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.