UnderGround Forums

NFLGround >> Jesus' Jets!

3/21/12 1:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Tommy Gunnz
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

welcome to NY tim tebow!
3/21/12 2:09 PM
jaywill
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wow , talk about the media circus capital. just wow. i was convinced one of the florida teams would trade for him.
3/21/12 3:11 PM
SiftMyMind
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tommy Gunnz - welcome to NY tim tebow!

I really hope you aren't thinking the acquiring of Tim Tebow is a good thing for the Jets.

Tebow is a very inaccurate passer that fans obsessively rally behind.
Consequently, the VP/GM/HC risks alienating the fan base by not playing him (should he perform poorly in practice) or by playing him and then yanking him (should things not go well).
It’s tough to make sound long-term decisions for a franchise in the face this type of a dilemma.

Jets have now gone from having one inaccurate passer (Sanchez) to having two (Sanchez and Tebow).
Good luck to the Jets!

3/21/12 3:17 PM
SiftMyMind

jaywill - wow , talk about the media circus capital. just wow. i was convinced one of the florida teams would trade for him.

I thought so too.
Especially Jacksonville who need to sell tickets!

3/21/12 3:55 PM
C1010
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Rams and Jacksonville were also in the running. As of right now, the trade isn't official. A formality is holding up the trade.
3/21/12 4:32 PM
jaywill
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5 mill is the hitch, i wonder if elways not trying to get a higher pick or scuttle the deal b/c a latecomer offered better.
3/21/12 10:14 PM
supersaiyan

Jets will be interesting to watch with Timmy imo...

if anything they sure as heck wont do worse with Tim than

Sanchez.
3/22/12 10:34 AM
east
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/22/12 10:36 AM
Rich man's Brad Smith? Except he comes with the potential to tear apart the locker room and fanbase. Should sell a lot of jerseys though!

I dislike the move mostly because it means the Jets are going to be emphasizing the wildcat more which they haven't had much success running.

If you want to improve the running game then emphasize improving the Oline.
3/23/12 7:52 PM
Alco Hauler
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LMAO @ the circus this is going to be.  I can't fucking wait.

Jet's Fan after Sanchez INT : "Sanchez sucks!  Put in Tebow!". 
Tebow immediately throws an INT.
Jet's Fan: "Holy Fuck!  Put back in Sanchez!"

I wish the season could start today.  This is going to be fun to watch.
3/31/12 2:39 PM
Tommy Gunnz
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I guess I am the only Jets fan not jumping off a bridge that we got Tebow. This is a no lose situation, plus if he sucks we only lost a 4th round pick. Tim Tebow has MUCH more upside than any 4th round pick we would draft this year: 1)Sanchez uses this as motivation and plays amazing and Tebow barely gets on the field 2) Sanchez continues to regress and throw interceptions all game and gets replaced and we win with Tebow 3) They both suck and we finally move on and get a real franchise quarterback. 4) Sanchez grows into being an elite quarterback and Tebow is a great wildcat qb/second option that gets 10 snaps a game and is effective at what he does......People are acting like we have this amazing top 5 nfl quarterback that we are trying to replace when Sanchez is average at best. Bottom line is I don't give a fuck who is our qb as long as we win (unless its Michael Vick who I hope dies in a fire)
4/3/12 7:10 PM
jaywill

Jets are jumping in the basketball TE trend. Heydon Smith Aussie 6'7 240 , played 4 years college ball and 2 years rugby. def curious to see how he pans out.
4/4/12 9:19 PM
Doomsday

Jared Allen was a 4th round pick.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.