UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> TRT is what kicked me off TUF 5.

3/21/12 2:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jason Reinhardt
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Being open and honest on applications and just in general is how i try and live my life. I made it on TUF 5. I would have been on the show. I went through the whole process and was chosen. After my neck surgery from the break, the doctor placed me on TRT and HGH to help the healing process. I was open and honest about everything. The UFC told me no problem, because it was for medical purposes. To save my career! Which i believed it helped greatly.
Well, it wasn't the UFC's fault at all. After making it on the show, bags packed and all to begin the filming i received one of the most dissapointing calls of my life. UFC called and the Spike TV producers called to tell me because the doctors placed me on TRT and a little bit of HGH, the Nevada Athletic commission said no, they wouldn't let me on the show. I was shocked, because during this whole process i revealed everything and was 110% honest.
The doctors placed me on such small amounts and i was a 135 pound fighter, willing and exciting to compete at 155 on TUF 5. I don't think me being placed on a 1cc a week of TRT and 2 iu's a day on HGH would have given me this superhuman advantage. It just sucked, because i spent most of my savings to pay out of pocket for my neck surgery, because the scumbag promoter i faught for didn't pay his fighter insurance. I spent basically my whole life savings on neck surgery and medicine the doctors highly recommended. Now, i see where TRT is accepted. After my experience i was nervous to take it again. That's why i've always passed all my UFC drug tests.
I sure wish i could have another chance someday. I am made for reality TV. I was looking forward in telling the world about me giving my parents the crabs. Yes, those little fuckers got in the laundry. LOL
3/21/12 2:17 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
383 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
 Thanks for sharing. Don't let it get you down. Just keep chugging.  Good luck.
3/21/12 2:18 PM
Jason Reinhardt
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i still feel honesty is the best policy.
3/21/12 2:19 PM
Jason Reinhardt

Nothing or nobody can keep me down.
3/21/12 2:20 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
383 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
 ^You've never had me get side-control on you. lol
3/21/12 2:29 PM
jasonhightower
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That really is unfortunate...

Do you know if your levels of T were tested beyond the normal range?  I can't imagine if it was just for healing purposes, but not sure.

Unfortunately we have ignorant people making decisions that affect our lives and opportunities.
3/21/12 2:30 PM
CKH09
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man, thats lame. I would agree that you are made for reality tv because you were hillarious in the Spencer Fisher documentary.
3/21/12 2:33 PM
RandyDarsh
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seriously, you gave your parents crabs?
I'd much rather watch that then Bruce lee Roy trying to create some gimmick Phone Post
3/21/12 3:30 PM
TheMorg826
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thats a story we NEED to hear
3/21/12 3:33 PM
2JupitersTooMany
1783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reinhardt would be entertainment gold on TUF. 
3/21/12 3:37 PM
Bootsy Collins
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Honest question.
As you have openly admitted to using steroids in the past do you feel that necessitated you taking TRT in any way?
3/21/12 3:38 PM
UGCTT_rkilla
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Parents getting crabs > Pissing in fruit
3/21/12 3:52 PM
Leghound
216 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bootsy Collins - Honest question.
As you have openly admitted to using steroids in the past do you feel that necessitated you taking TRT in any way?

I like this question
3/21/12 3:53 PM
heatmeiser
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1cc a week 2 IUs HGH daily and you don't think that's an advantage? Come on Jason Phone Post
3/21/12 4:08 PM
Jacinto
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't believe anyone that is taking TRT or HGH even in it is "medically necessary" should be allowed to compete in combat sports at all. Every fighter seems to be on them nowadays so that will never happen.
3/21/12 4:21 PM
Motivated Penn
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I came to this thread exclusively to bring up the time you gave your parents crabs. I love that story :D

I think you can find it on youtube, he tells it in video format :D

Thanks for keeping us in the know, Jason! Sucked that your latest UFC stint didn't bring you some wins. What are you up to now?
3/21/12 4:45 PM
mumblingidiot
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

125's Jason? Can you make it
3/21/12 4:49 PM
DallasVanWinkle

"Which i believed it helped greatly"

You don't say.
3/21/12 4:54 PM
animalM

No one "feels" honesty is the best policy. They KNOW it is. There's no other way...

-words from the wise
3/21/12 4:59 PM
Malvert the Janitor
841 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One question Jason:

Would you have raised your hand when BJ asked who wanted to be in his team? Be honest! Phone Post
3/21/12 5:01 PM
WidespreadPanic

While one might applaud your honesty, TRT and hGH is not a benign regime. It's performance-enhancing, even if it just elevates your mood (while healing you) and gets you to train more. 

If it is not allowed for Test. and hGH and other banned substances to be used in a sport, then there should be no medically approved exclusion allowed. Though they heal they also PE.

Granted you're not the only one and you've admitted using recreationally (reading above), so it's not a huge surprise, though you did get shafted, it appears.
3/21/12 5:37 PM
FCFBlazer

Didn't you end up fighting Joe Lauzon? Phone Post
3/21/12 8:57 PM
Wasa-B
292 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You would think the UFC would know the policy but I guess sometimes you just cant depend on anyone and you gotta find out for your dam self.

Perhaps, the ideal way to have done this in hindsight would have been thru an agent/lawyer to have investigated TRT allowance policy via the NSAC?

The thing is though, it wasnt for an actual event/contest/show but perhaps all TUF fights are sanctioned by the NSAC so the NSAC is still the bottom line?
3/21/12 8:59 PM
Uchi
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jason has always been a pretty cool and unique dude on here. Would love to see him on TUF one day and will keep my fingers crossed for him.
3/21/12 9:08 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

It's a little different because you have already admitted to using steroids most of your career.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.