UnderGround Forums

Pro Wrestling Ground >> Official Puroresu News/Discussion/Video Thread

1/9/13 10:51 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
grizz632
634 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In case anyone doesn't want to watch the full show (not sure why you wouldn't though), here's a nice highlight recap of the New Japan Dome Show

Also, a couple other news tidbits from the last few days:

- Ricky Marvin is the latest wrestler to leave Pro Wrestling Noah, though his situation is different from the mass exodus at the end of last year. Marvin will be going back to Mexico, but will still appear for Noah on many of the tours this year. So basically he's just going to become a fly-in gaijin rather than the full time roster member he's been for years now. He's still one half of the GHC Jr Heavyweight tag team champions

- After signing with All Japan last week, Masahiro Chono has decided to align himself with Suwama and Joe Doering in their new stable. They will compete together in a 6-man tag match on the big 1/26 show that will also feature the Ric Flair tag match and Masakatsu Funaki's next Triple Crown defense against Akebono.

- The New Japan Cup tournament will return this March
1/10/13 3:52 PM
TheBearStare
270 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chono signed with ajpw!? That sounds nuts. Whats muto's role now? is he just a wrestler? I know he had to resign a while ago. Phone Post
1/10/13 4:44 PM
Augie Max
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMARoundup.com

Thanks for that video Grizz.  Looked like a good show.  That Ibushi kid looks dope.  Love Tanahashi's spinning closeline.  What's that called?

1/10/13 6:22 PM
grizz632
634 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Augie Max -

Thanks for that video Grizz.  Looked like a good show.  That Ibushi kid looks dope.  Love Tanahashi's spinning closeline.  What's that called?

The Sling Blade Phone Post
1/10/13 6:32 PM
grizz632

TheBearStare - Chono signed with ajpw!? That sounds nuts. Whats muto's role now? is he just a wrestler? I know he had to resign a while ago. Phone Post
Yeah, Chono in All Japan still seems weird to me, but it should be interesting. Between Chono, Flair, the possible signings of the former Noah wrestlers, and whatever else comes out of the woodwork, it's going to be a big year for All Japan I think.

As for Mutoh, he's still a member of the board along with still being full time in the ring, which is still crazy to me with him being 50 years old and sans knees Phone Post
1/10/13 6:42 PM
Augie Max
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMARoundup.com

Ric Flair is gonna work in All Japan?

1/10/13 6:45 PM
grizz632

He's scheduled for a tag match at the 1/26 show. He's heading over with his son Reid, who will be touring with them for around 3 months Phone Post
1/10/13 6:47 PM
grizz632

AJPW "NEW YEAR SHINING SERIES 2013", 26.01.2013 (GAORA TV) Ota Ward Gymnsium

1. Special Tag Match: Keiji Muto & Ric Flair vs. Tatsumi Fujinami & Seiya Sanada Phone Post
1/14/13 10:57 PM
grizz632

Some good news out of New Japan today. Kazuchika Okada has rejected a chance to join WWE and signed a new contract with New Japan. That will be a massive boost to New Japan, especially after the fantastic match he had with Tanahashi at the Dome. Okada is New Japan's brightest young star and one to build the company around in the years to come. Glad he saw that New Japan was the best place for him
1/15/13 8:39 AM
Stryfe
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

grizz632 - Some good news out of New Japan today. Kazuchika Okada has rejected a chance to join WWE and signed a new contract with New Japan. That will be a massive boost to New Japan, especially after the fantastic match he had with Tanahashi at the Dome. Okada is New Japan's brightest young star and one to build the company around in the years to come. Glad he saw that New Japan was the best place for him

That's great news. He must've asked Yoshi how well they use him. I keep hoping Tatsu gets cut during this next wave of big cuts.
1/15/13 8:45 AM
UGCTT_OBEY
193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thank god okada stayed

I don't see why wwe even goes after people they know they will have nothing for within a year

okada is one of my favorite wrestlers out there
Hopefully this makes Japan put the title on him Phone Post
1/15/13 12:59 PM
grizz632

Okada will most certainly get another IWGP run sooner rather than later, but there's no need to rush it right now. Tana's having another nice run right now and Okada is only 25. Plenty of time for him. I'm actually more interested in seeing the inevitable feud between Okada and Nakamura over the leadership of Chaos. They will be teaming together in tags against Suzuki-gun for most of early February, so hopefully that's the start of that story Phone Post
1/15/13 8:16 PM
Stryfe
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

grizz632 -  Okada will most certainly get another IWGP run sooner rather than later, but there's no need to rush it right now. Tana's having another nice run right now and Okada is only 25. Plenty of time for him. I'm actually more interested in seeing the inevitable feud between Okada and Nakamura over the leadership of Chaos. They will be teaming together in tags against Suzuki-gun for most of early February, so hopefully that's the start of that story Phone Post

He probably called up Yoshi Tatsu, Kenzo Suzuki, Sho Funaki and Bernard and said "Hey, how do you think they will treat me in the WWE?"
1/15/13 10:38 PM
grizz632

Stryfe - 
grizz632 -  Okada will most certainly get another IWGP run sooner rather than later, but there's no need to rush it right now. Tana's having another nice run right now and Okada is only 25. Plenty of time for him. I'm actually more interested in seeing the inevitable feud between Okada and Nakamura over the leadership of Chaos. They will be teaming together in tags against Suzuki-gun for most of early February, so hopefully that's the start of that story Phone Post

He probably called up Yoshi Tatsu, Kenzo Suzuki, Sho Funaki and Bernard and said "Hey, how do you think they will treat me in the WWE?"

1/18/13 9:18 PM
grizz632

Tonight was the first night of the annual New Japan/CMLL "Fantastica Mania" shows. Results courtesy of puroresufan.com

NJPW/CMLL, 1/18/13 (Samurai! TV)
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
1,650 Fans

1. Tama Tonga & Titan beat Euforia & OKUMURA (8:17) when Tonga used the Headshrinker on Euforia.
2. Yujiro Takahashi, Tomohiro Ishii & Rey Escorpion beat Ryusuke Taguchi, BUSHI & Diamante (8:29) when Escorpion used the Aguijon Mortal on Diamante.
3. Rush beat YOSHI-HASHI (11:08) with the Rush Driver.
4. Volador Jr., TAKA Michinoku & Taichi beat La Mascara, Mascara Dorada & Maximo (9:38) when Volador used an avalanche- Sliced Bread on La Mascara.
5. Special 6 Man Tag Match: Mephisto, Jado & Gedo beat Atlantis, Jushin Thunder Liger & Tiger Mask (11:21) when Mephisto used the Devil's Wings on Atlantis.
6. Special Singles Match: Prince Devitt beat Dragon Rojo Jr. (10:21) with the Bloody Sunday.
7. Special Tag Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi & La Sombra beat Shinsuke Nakamura & Misterioso Jr. (13:41) when Sombra used a senton bomb on Misterioso.

Nothing really earth-shattering there. Mostly just build to the next two nights. I'm not a big lucha guy, so most of the time the Fantastica Mania stuff doesn't do much for me. The only match I'm really interested in out of all 3 shows is the Nakamura vs La Sombra IWGP Intercontinental title match and that's mainly because of what a badass Nakamura is

It was also announced today that BUSHI is now a full time New Japan wrestler. He had been on loan from All Japan for the last year, but the transfer was made official today

And, since it's been a slow few weeks, here's a couple tribute videos to the two greatest things about the world of pro wrestling at the moment, Nakamura and Okada

1/19/13 10:01 AM
Stryfe

Those were some great videos. Okada's really shows how good his timing is
1/19/13 2:49 PM
grizz632

It's really incredible to me the transformation Okada has undergone, especially over the last 2-3 years. From a tall, skinny kid in Toryumon Mexico, to somewhat anonymouse asian in TNA, to one of the most charizmatic stars New Japan has ever seen.

When I went to Japan back in 2009, I went to a New Japan show at Korakuen Hall. It was a massive thrill for me because I got to see one of my all time favorites, Jushin Thunder Liger, live for the first time. He was in the opening tag match against Apollo 55 and I recorded his entrance from my seat

That tall young lion that sprinted out with Liger for that match was his tag team partner, a 21 year old Kazuchika Okada. If you told me that day that he would be main eventing the Tokyo Dome show in 3 years I'd have told you you were crazy
1/20/13 7:25 PM
grizz632

Edited: 01/20/13 7:33 PM
Results from days 2 and 3 of Fantastica Mania courtesy of puroresufan.com

Day 2
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
1,750 Fans – No Vacancy

1. Tama Tonga & Maximo beat TAKA Michinoku & Taichi (10:07) when Maximo pinned Taichi.
2. Jado, Gedo & Misterioso Jr. beat Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask & Titan (9:42) when Misterioso used the La Misteriosa on Titan.
3. Mephisto & OKUMURA beat Mascara Dorada & Diamante (9:38) when Mephisto used an avalanche- Devil's Wings on Dorada.
4. Dragon Rojo Jr., Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI beat Prince Devitt, Ryusuke Taguchi & BUSHI (9:29) when Rojo used a powerbomb on BUSHI.
5. Special Singles Match: Atlantis beat Euforia (7:30) with the Atlantida.
6. Special 6 Man Tag Match: Kazuchika Okada, Volador Jr. & Rey Escorpion beat Hiroshi Tanahashi, La Mascara & Rush (10:44) when Escorpion used the Aguijon Mortal on Rush.
7. IWGP Intercontinental Title: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) beat La Sombra (13:29) with the Boma Ye (5th defense).

Nakamura really got into the lucha spirit by wearing a swank mask to the ring

The man's my hero

Day 3
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
1,950 Fans – No Vacancy

1. Special Singles Match: Taichi beat Maximo (8:40) with a small package hold.
2. 6 vs. 6 Torneo Cibernetico: Tomohiro Ishii, Jado, Gedo, Misterioso Jr., OKUMURA & YOSHI-HASHI beat Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Mascara Dorada, Diamante, Titan & BUSHI (19:41) when Ishii used a lariat on BUSHI.
3. Special Singles Match: Rush beat Rey Escorpion (9:38) with the Rush Driver.
4. NWA World Historic Middleweight Title: La Sombra beat Dragon Rojo Jr. (c) (11:58) by pinfall to become the 6th champion.
5. Mexican National Light Heavyweight Title: La Mascara (c) beat Volador Jr. (14:40) with the La Campana.
6. Special 6 Man Tag Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi, Prince Devitt & Atlantis beat Kazuchika Okada, Mephisto & Euforia (9:58) when Atlantis used the Atlantida on Mephisto.

So 3 days, 3 no vacancy sellouts for New Japan and CMLL. Not too shabby. New Japan's next tour begins February 2nd. Lineups so far for the tour are below, again courtesy of puroresufan.com

NJPW, 2/2/13
Gifu Industrial Hall

1. Sho Tanaka vs. Yohei Komatsu
2. Jushin Thunder Liger & Tiger Mask vs. Hiromu Takahashi & Takaaki Watanabe
3. KUSHIDA, Alex Shelley & BUSHI vs. Rocky Romero, Alex Koslov & Jado
4. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima & Captain New Japan vs. Lance Archer, Davey Boy Smith Jr. & TAKA Michinoku
5. Togi Makabe, Yuji Nagata, Manabu Nakanishi & Wataru Inoue vs. Toru Yano, Takashi Iizuka, Yujiro Takahashi & YOSHI-HASHI
6. Shinsuke Nakamura, Kazuchika Okada & Tomohiro Ishii vs. Minoru Suzuki, Kengo Mashimo & Taichi
7. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Hirooki Goto & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Karl Anderson, Prince Devitt & Tama Tonga

NJPW, 2/3/13 (Samurai! TV)
Tokyo Korakuen Hall

1. Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask & BUSHI vs. Tama Tonga, Hiromu Takahashi & Takaaki Watanabe
2. Hirooki Goto, Wataru Inoue, KUSHIDA & Alex Shelley vs. YOSHI-HASHI, Rocky Romero, Alex Koslov & Jado
3. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima & Captain New Japan vs. Lance Archer, Davey Boy Smith Jr. & TAKA Michinoku
4. Togi Makabe, Yuji Nagata & Manabu Nakanishi vs. Toru Yano, Takashi Iizuka & Yujiro Takahashi
5. Shinsuke Nakamura, Kazuchika Okada & Gedo vs. Minoru Suzuki, Kengo Mashimo & Taichi
6. Special Tag Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Karl Anderson & Prince Devitt
7. NEVER Openweight Title: Masato Tanaka (c) vs. Tomohiro Ishii

NJPW, 2/5/13
Koga City Gymnasium

1. BUSHI & Yohei Komatsu vs. Hiromu Takahashi & Takaaki Watanabe
2. KUSHIDA, Alex Shelley & Tiger Mask vs. Rocky Romero, Alex Koslov & Jado
3. Manabu Nakanishi, Hirooki Goto & Captain New Japan vs. Toru Yano, Takashi Iizuka & Tomohiro Ishii
4. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima & Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Lance Archer, Davey Boy Smith Jr. & Taichi
5. Togi Makabe & Wataru Inoue vs. Yujiro Takahashi & YOSHI-HASHI
6. Shinsuke Nakamura, Kazuchika Okada & Gedo vs. Minoru Suzuki, Kengo Mashimo & TAKA Michinoku
7. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Yuji Nagata & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Karl Anderson, Prince Devitt & Tama Tonga

NJPW, 2/6/13
Chino Citizen Pavilion Multi-Hall

1. BUSHI & Sho Tanaka vs. Hiromu Takahashi & Takaaki Watanabe
2. KUSHIDA, Alex Shelley & Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Rocky Romero, Alex Koslov & Gedo
3. Yuji Nagata, Manabu Nakanishi & Wataru Inoue vs. Toru Yano, Takashi Iizuka & Tomohiro Ishii
4. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima & Tiger Mask vs. Lance Archer, Davey Boy Smith Jr. & Taichi
5. Togi Makabe & Hirooki Goto vs. Yujiro Takahashi & YOSHI-HASHI
6. Shinsuke Nakamura, Kazuchika Okada & Jado vs. Minoru Suzuki, Kengo Mashimo & TAKA Michinoku
7. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Captain New Japan & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Karl Anderson, Prince Devitt & Tama Tonga

NJPW, 2/7/13
New Sunpia Tochigi

2. KUSHIDA, Alex Shelley & Tiger Mask vs. Rocky romero, Alex Koslov & Jado
3. Yuji Nagata, Manabu Nakanishi & Captain New Japan vs. Toru Yano, Takashi Iizuka & Tomohiro Ishii
4. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima & Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Lance Archer, Davey Boy Smith Jr. & TAKA Michinoku
6. Shinsuke Nakamura, Kazuchika Okada & Gedo vs. Minoru Suzuki, Kengo Mashimo & Taichi
7. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Hirooki Goto & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Karl Anderson, Prince Devitt & Tama Tonga

NJPW "THE NEW BEGINNING", 10.02.2013 (WPW/PPV)
Hiroshima Sun Plaza Hall

1. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA (c) vs. Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov
2. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Prince Devitt (c) vs. Ryusuke Taguchi
3. IWGP Tag Team Title: Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr. (c) vs. Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima
4. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs. Karl Anderson

Looking at those lineups, it seems to revolve around building the title matches for the 2/10 iPPV, as well as CHAOS vs Suzuki-gun, specifically Okada and Nakamura vs Suzuki and Kengo Mashimo. Two big hopes I have for this tour based on that: 1, that the tease for the Okada/Nakamura feud over leadership of CHAOS begins here. And 2 that Kengo Mashimo establishes himself as a player in New Japan, hopefully leading to a feud with Nakamura over the Intercontinental title. I've been watching Kengo for years in Kaientai Dojo and he really deserves a shot in a bigger company. His game is perfectly suited for a feud with Nakamura, so I truly hope that's where this is headed
1/20/13 7:29 PM
TheBearStare
270 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for these updates. That mask is amazing Phone Post
1/20/13 7:33 PM
grizz632

No problem, I just edited it to include the matches announced for the 2/10 PPV also, makes all the 6-man tags on the tour make a bit more sense booking-wise when you see the title matches they're building to

And the mask is just further evidence of how fantastic Nakamura is, as if more proof was needed
1/20/13 8:19 PM
grizz632

You never saw that before, huh? That was the last match she wrestled before she changed her gimmick and became Akira Hokuto. The first time I saw that match I didn't know she actually broke her neck. It was on an old Joshi comp I got in a tape trade and that wasn't mentioned in the match listings I got so I just thought she was really selling the move. Looking back on it it's really amazing she continued, and ridiculous that more wasn't done to protect her neck in the remainder of the match. Hotta did work almost of the entire last fall, but Hokuto took a few moves that could have done more damage to the neck. Hard to think of a tougher woman than Akira Hokuto

Here's the match for those who haven't seen it. Hokuto wrestled under her real name, Hisako Uno (in the black/turquoise striped outfit)

1/20/13 8:51 PM
grizz632

SaintVon Barksdale - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl45ezKR0JE

I've actually been getting into Joshi lately. My last period of Joshi fanboy was in like 2006 when I pretty much gave up on wrestling completely. I watched Dreamslam 1 the other day and got hooked right back in.

Useless fact of the day: When she was in high school, a young Akira Hokuto created the Bull Nakano fanclub

My Joshi fandom drifts in and out also. Those glory days of Joshi back in the '90s are a far cry from what Joshi is today. That said, Ice Ribbon is one of my wrestling guilty pleasures
1/20/13 11:21 PM
Stryfe

grizz632 - Results from days 2 and 3 of Fantastica Mania courtesy of puroresufan.com

Day 2
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
1,750 Fans – No Vacancy

1. Tama Tonga & Maximo beat TAKA Michinoku & Taichi (10:07) when Maximo pinned Taichi.
2. Jado, Gedo & Misterioso Jr. beat Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask & Titan (9:42) when Misterioso used the La Misteriosa on Titan.
3. Mephisto & OKUMURA beat Mascara Dorada & Diamante (9:38) when Mephisto used an avalanche- Devil's Wings on Dorada.
4. Dragon Rojo Jr., Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI beat Prince Devitt, Ryusuke Taguchi & BUSHI (9:29) when Rojo used a powerbomb on BUSHI.
5. Special Singles Match: Atlantis beat Euforia (7:30) with the Atlantida.
6. Special 6 Man Tag Match: Kazuchika Okada, Volador Jr. & Rey Escorpion beat Hiroshi Tanahashi, La Mascara & Rush (10:44) when Escorpion used the Aguijon Mortal on Rush.
7. IWGP Intercontinental Title: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) beat La Sombra (13:29) with the Boma Ye (5th defense).

Nakamura really got into the lucha spirit by wearing a swank mask to the ring

The man's my hero

Day 3
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
1,950 Fans – No Vacancy

1. Special Singles Match: Taichi beat Maximo (8:40) with a small package hold.
2. 6 vs. 6 Torneo Cibernetico: Tomohiro Ishii, Jado, Gedo, Misterioso Jr., OKUMURA & YOSHI-HASHI beat Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Mascara Dorada, Diamante, Titan & BUSHI (19:41) when Ishii used a lariat on BUSHI.
3. Special Singles Match: Rush beat Rey Escorpion (9:38) with the Rush Driver.
4. NWA World Historic Middleweight Title: La Sombra beat Dragon Rojo Jr. (c) (11:58) by pinfall to become the 6th champion.
5. Mexican National Light Heavyweight Title: La Mascara (c) beat Volador Jr. (14:40) with the La Campana.
6. Special 6 Man Tag Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi, Prince Devitt & Atlantis beat Kazuchika Okada, Mephisto & Euforia (9:58) when Atlantis used the Atlantida on Mephisto.

So 3 days, 3 no vacancy sellouts for New Japan and CMLL. Not too shabby. New Japan's next tour begins February 2nd. Lineups so far for the tour are below, again courtesy of puroresufan.com

NJPW, 2/2/13
Gifu Industrial Hall

1. Sho Tanaka vs. Yohei Komatsu
2. Jushin Thunder Liger & Tiger Mask vs. Hiromu Takahashi & Takaaki Watanabe
3. KUSHIDA, Alex Shelley & BUSHI vs. Rocky Romero, Alex Koslov & Jado
4. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima & Captain New Japan vs. Lance Archer, Davey Boy Smith Jr. & TAKA Michinoku
5. Togi Makabe, Yuji Nagata, Manabu Nakanishi & Wataru Inoue vs. Toru Yano, Takashi Iizuka, Yujiro Takahashi & YOSHI-HASHI
6. Shinsuke Nakamura, Kazuchika Okada & Tomohiro Ishii vs. Minoru Suzuki, Kengo Mashimo & Taichi

NJPW, 2/3/13 (Samurai! TV)
Tokyo Korakuen Hall

1. Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask & BUSHI vs. Tama Tonga, Hiromu Takahashi & Takaaki Watanabe
2. Hirooki Goto, Wataru Inoue, KUSHIDA & Alex Shelley vs. YOSHI-HASHI, Rocky Romero, Alex Koslov & Jado
3. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima & Captain New Japan vs. Lance Archer, Davey Boy Smith Jr. & TAKA Michinoku
4. Togi Makabe, Yuji Nagata & Manabu Nakanishi vs. Toru Yano, Takashi Iizuka & Yujiro Takahashi
5. Shinsuke Nakamura, Kazuchika Okada & Gedo vs. Minoru Suzuki, Kengo Mashimo & Taichi
6. Special Tag Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Karl Anderson & Prince Devitt
7. NEVER Openweight Title: Masato Tanaka (c) vs. Tomohiro Ishii

NJPW, 2/5/13
Koga City Gymnasium

2. KUSHIDA, Alex Shelley & Tiger Mask vs. Rocky Romero, Alex Koslov & Jado
3. Manabu Nakanishi, Hirooki Goto & Captain New Japan vs. Toru Yano, Takashi Iizuka & Tomohiro Ishii
4. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima & Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Lance Archer, Davey Boy Smith Jr. & Taichi
6. Shinsuke Nakamura, Kazuchika Okada & Gedo vs. Minoru Suzuki, Kengo Mashimo & TAKA Michinoku
7. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Yuji Nagata & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Karl Anderson, Prince Devitt & Tama Tonga

NJPW, 2/6/13
Chino Citizen Pavilion Multi-Hall

1. BUSHI & Sho Tanaka vs. Hiromu Takahashi & Takaaki Watanabe
2. KUSHIDA, Alex Shelley & Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Rocky Romero, Alex Koslov & Gedo
3. Yuji Nagata, Manabu Nakanishi & Wataru Inoue vs. Toru Yano, Takashi Iizuka & Tomohiro Ishii
4. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima & Tiger Mask vs. Lance Archer, Davey Boy Smith Jr. & Taichi
5. Togi Makabe & Hirooki Goto vs. Yujiro Takahashi & YOSHI-HASHI
6. Shinsuke Nakamura, Kazuchika Okada & Jado vs. Minoru Suzuki, Kengo Mashimo & TAKA Michinoku
7. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Captain New Japan & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Karl Anderson, Prince Devitt & Tama Tonga

NJPW, 2/7/13
New Sunpia Tochigi

2. KUSHIDA, Alex Shelley & Tiger Mask vs. Rocky romero, Alex Koslov & Jado
3. Yuji Nagata, Manabu Nakanishi & Captain New Japan vs. Toru Yano, Takashi Iizuka & Tomohiro Ishii
4. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima & Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Lance Archer, Davey Boy Smith Jr. & TAKA Michinoku
6. Shinsuke Nakamura, Kazuchika Okada & Gedo vs. Minoru Suzuki, Kengo Mashimo & Taichi

NJPW "THE NEW BEGINNING", 10.02.2013 (WPW/PPV)
Hiroshima Sun Plaza Hall

1. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA (c) vs. Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov
2. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Prince Devitt (c) vs. Ryusuke Taguchi
3. IWGP Tag Team Title: Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr. (c) vs. Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima
4. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs. Karl Anderson

Looking at those lineups, it seems to revolve around building the title matches for the 2/10 iPPV, as well as CHAOS vs Suzuki-gun, specifically Okada and Nakamura vs Suzuki and Kengo Mashimo. Two big hopes I have for this tour based on that: 1, that the tease for the Okada/Nakamura feud over leadership of CHAOS begins here. And 2 that Kengo Mashimo establishes himself as a player in New Japan, hopefully leading to a feud with Nakamura over the Intercontinental title. I've been watching Kengo for years in Kaientai Dojo and he really deserves a shot in a bigger company. His game is perfectly suited for a feud with Nakamura, so I truly hope that's where this is headed

I hate that there is no Laughter7
1/20/13 11:27 PM
grizz632

I'm hoping they'll be back at some point. I've read from a few sources that Kidani hasn't left his position as president, so there's still a possibility that Laugher7 could be back if the rumored MMA fighter invasion happens
1/21/13 5:24 PM
grizz632

She's Boss of the World, who wouldn't wife her? Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.