UnderGround Forums

Pro Wrestling Ground >> Official Puroresu News/Discussion/Video Thread

3/31/13 10:15 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Stryfe
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

grizz632 - Kind of a quiet weekend in Japan, but the All Japan Jr Hyper Tag League did kick off. The show started with a 10-bell salute to Reid Flair

AJPW "JR. HYPER LEAGUE 2013", 30.03.2013
Toyama Uozu Ariso Dome
350 Fans - No Vacancy

1. Jr. Hyper League: Koji Kanemoto & Minoru Tanaka [2] beat SUSHI & Andy Wu [0] (11:01) Tanaka over Wu with a Ground Cobra Twist.
2. Jr. Hyper League: Hiroshi Yamato & Hikaru Sato [2] beat Kotaro Suzuki & Atsushi Aoki [0] (17:20) Yamato over Aoki with a Cross-Arm Suplex Hold.
3. Turn to Champion Carnival: Takao Omori, Seiya Sanada & Ryota Hama beat Masakatsu Funaki, Masayuki Kono & MAZADA (9:17) Omori over MAZADA with an Axe Bomber.
4. Turn to Champion Carnival: Jun Akiyama & Go Shiozaki beat KAI & Yasufumi Nakanoue (12:34) Shiozaki over Nakanoue with the Go Flasher.
5. Turn to Champion Carnival: Suwama beat KENSO (16:54) with the Last Ride.
6. Jr. Hyper League: Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Masanobu Fuchi [2] beat Kaz Hayashi & Shuji Kondo [0] (18:53) Kanemaru over Hayashi with the Touch Out.

Jr. Hyper League Standings

1. Koji Kanemoto & Minoru Tanaka [2]
-. Hiroshi Yamato & Hikaru Sato [2]
-. Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Masanobu Fuchi [2]
4. Kaz Hayashi & Shuji Kondo [0]
-. SUSHI & Andy Wu [0]
-. Kotaro Suzuki & Atsushi Aoki [0]

One other news note came out of Osaka Pro, where a major roster shakeup occurred. It was announced that current Osaka Pro Champion Daisuke Harada as well as KUUGA will not be renewing their contracts with the company after they expire at the end of April. Along with them, 4 other wrestlers will become freelancers and will no longer be full time Osaka Pro wrestlers. Those wrestlers are 1/2 of the current Osaka Pro Tag Team Champions HAYATA, as well as Hideyoshi, Masamune, and Orochi. Harada and HAYATA both vacated their respective championships, and Kuuga announced that the JOKER stable will be ended after the April 29th show.

These are pretty big losses for a small company like Osaka Pro, but they should be fine. They have a good fanbase and do well for a small regional indy. I'm not sure where the others will end up, but I fully expect to see Daisuke Harada show up in Pro Wrestling Noah once his contract officially end in Osaka. His former tag team partner Atsushi Kotogi made that same jump last year and Harada joining him there seems like a natural fit

Is Delphin still running Osaka Pro?
3/31/13 11:17 AM
grizz632
694 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No, Delfin moved down south a few years ago and started a new promotion, Okinawa Pro Wrestling
3/31/13 2:37 PM
grizz632
694 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kenta Kobashi's retirement match has officially been announced. Color me disappointed...

NOAH "FINAL BURNING IN BUDOKAN", 11.05.2013
Tokyo Nippon Budokan

1. Kenta Kobashi Retirerment Match: Kenta Kobashi, Jun Akiyama, Keiji Muto & Kensuke Sasaki vs. Go Shiozaki, KENTA, Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Maybach Taniguchi

Pro Wrestling Noah had a show at Korakuen Hall today, including a result that instantly restored my interest in Pro Wrestling Noah

NOAH "SPRING NAVIGATION 2013", 31.03.2013 (Samurai! TV)
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
1,700 Fans - Super No Vacancy

1. Mitsuhiro Kitamiya beat Hitoshi Kumano (8:20) with a Camel Clutch.
2. Super Crazy & Atsushi Kotoge beat Harlem Bravado & Lance Bravado (9:17) Crazy over Harlem with a Sorpresa.
3. Kento Miyahara & Taishi Takizawa beat Shane Haste & Bruiser Barry (8:23) Miyahara over Barry with the Heart Break.
4. BRAVE vs. TMDK: Takeshi Morishima & Mohammed Yone beat Mikey Nicholls & Jonah Rock (10:17) Yone over Rock with a Mucle Buster.
5. BRAVE vs. Diamond Ring: Takashi Sugiura, Naomichi Marufuji & Yoshinari Ogawa beat Kensuke Sasaki, Katsuhiko Nakajima & Satoshi Kajiwara (16:05) Marufuji over Kajiwara with the Shiranui.
6. The fatal moment has come upon Maybach: Maybach Taniguchi beat Maybach Taniguchi Jr. (9:38) with the Maybach Bomb.
7. GHC Jr. Heavyweight Title: Taiji Ishimori (c) beat Ricky Marvin (17:04) with the Revolucion (2nd defense).
6. NO MERCY vs. CHOAS: Toru Yano , Takashi Iizuka & Yujiro Takahashi beat KENTA, Yoshihiro Takayama & Genba Hirayanagi (13:43) Takahashi over Hirayanagi with a Deadlift German Suplex Hold.

As a result of losing match 6, Maybach Tanaguchi Jr was forced to unmask where it was revealed that he is in fact...drumroll please...SUWA! It was rumored that it was SUWA under the hood for a while, but confirmation of it has made my day, week, month, and probably year. Been a big SUWA fan since the Toryumon Japan Crazy Max days and hopefully he can help make Noah worth watching again.

Anyone who wants to learn how to be a heel, look no further than SUWA

3/31/13 4:34 PM
TheBearStare
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

THANKS Phone Post
4/1/13 11:19 PM
grizz632

This is the greatest thing to ever happen in the history of ever

4/2/13 11:22 PM
grizz632

For those of you who want to watch Japanese TV live as I do with my IPTV, you're in luck, kind of.  Most of the channels I get with my IPTV are now also being streamed by a Chinese website for free.  The "kind of" part is because Samurai TV is not one of the channels, so the only one that really carries Puro is Gaora.  However, Gaora carries Dragon Gate, All Japan, Kaientai Dojo, and OZ Academy joshi, so you'll still get some good stuff.  No idea how long it will last, but the links are below, so enjoy it while it lasts.

Gaora Sports

http://tv.exitoostore.com/2013/02/tv-online-gaora-hq.html#.UVuehVcU58E

Other Japanese TV Channels

http://www.fengyunzhibo.com/space/japan.htm

Here are the schedules for wrestling on Gaora.  Next show is Dragon Gate Infinity on Monday morning 2am Eastern time

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gaora.co.jp%2Fwrestling%2F

4/3/13 11:16 PM
grizz632

Mainly a bump for the info/hilarious video above, but also some news. Stardom announced the full card for their Sumo Hall show at the end of the month. It's a big show for them, one because Joshi shows don't happen much in big venues like Ryogoku Kokugikan anymore, and two because it marks the end of the Yuzuki Aikawa era as Yuzupon has her last match before retiring at the ripe old age of 29

Stardom "CHAMPION FIESTA 2013 RYOGOKU CINDERELLA", 29.04.2013 (Samurai! TV)
Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan

1. Ryogoku Starting Over Stardom vs. Ice Ribbon: Yui Yokoo & Sumire Yoshino vs. Risa Sera & Rutsuko Yamaguchi
2. All Japan Women's Gold Tradition Ryogoku Advent: Miho Wakizawa vs. Manami Toyota
3. Ryogoku Special MIX 8 Person Tag Match: Kota Ibushi , Gota Ihashi , Lin Bairon & Mayu Iwatani vs. Michael Nakazawa , Hikaru Sato, Makoto & Eri Susa
4. Takumi Iroha Debut Match: Takumi Iroha vs. Meiko Satomura
5. Wonder of Stardom Title, Decision Match: Act Yasukawa vs. Dark Angel
6. High Speed Title: Natsuki*Taiyo (c) vs. Yuhi
7. Goddesses of Stardom Title: Kyoko Kimura & Hailey Hatred (c) vs. Kairi Hojo & Natsumi Showzuki
8. Nanae Takahashi That's Women's Pro-Wrestling: Nanae Takahashi, Tsukasa Fujimoto & Mika Nagano vs. Kaori Yoneyama, Hiroyo Matsumoto & Shuri
9. World of Stardom Title: Alpha Female (c) vs. Io Shirai
10. Yuzuki Aikawa Retirement Match - Yuzupon Retirement Best Fighting Spirit FINAL: Yuzuki Aikawa vs. Yoshiko

Most Joshi purists will tell you that Aikawa retiring is probably a good thing for Joshi as they couldn't really look past her being a model who took up wrestling. Me, I think she really worked at becoming a decent wrestler and did quite a lot to help breath some life back into a Joshi scene that was practically dead, so I think she's going to be missed.

Plus, I like boobs, so I'll be sad so see her go

Maybe Yuzupon's tits will help drum up some traffic around here...
4/3/13 11:28 PM
Stryfe
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4/3/13 11:31 PM
Stryfe

I use to hate Hustle but Yin Ling was easy on the eyes
4/3/13 11:39 PM
grizz632

Hooray for boob-directed offense!

I've been trying to give more current Joshi a shot lately, but I'm not getting into it too much. Though I still love me some Ice Ribbon
4/3/13 11:44 PM
Stryfe

grizz632 - Hooray for boob-directed offense!

I've been trying to give more current Joshi a shot lately, but I'm not getting into it too much. Though I still love me some Ice Ribbon

Besides todays Joshi being so bad it's even harder for those of use that followed it thru the glory days that proceed this era
4/3/13 11:57 PM
grizz632

Edited: 04/04/13 12:00 AM
Joshi surely isn't what it used to be. I was watching Samurai TV news last week and they showed highlights of a bunch of Joshi shows from the weekend before and the best match of the whole lot was Kyoko Inoue vs Manami Toyota. Almost 20 years after their match of the year and they're still working circles around the current crop

On the subject of Joshi, I turned on Samurai TV a few minutes ago and have been watching a show consisting of a mole puppet in a sombrero discuss Ice Ribbon with the super cute Miyako Matsumoto.

I have no idea what's going on, but I can't stop watching it
4/4/13 12:22 AM
grizz632

I still have no idea what that show was about, but it ended with a modeling video of Miyako, so it gets a thumbs up from me

Time for Pancrase, then sleep...

4/4/13 12:48 AM
TheBearStare
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man that karaoke video is killing me! I don't want to see kawada do that. I remember when I first saw behind aghast seeing him with a full set of teeth Phone Post
4/4/13 11:02 AM
grizz632

If the karaoke video with Kawada is messing with you, then prepare to have your mind blown. Now that he's retired fron the ring, Toshiaki Kawada now runs a noodle shop in Tokyo.

So if you're ever in Japan, be sure to swing by and enjoy a bowl of ramen from ole Dangerous K. Kicks to the face are optional Phone Post
4/6/13 10:58 AM
grizz632

Bump for a reminder about the NJPW iPPV tonight/tomorrow morning. The Korakuen Hall lead in show was yesterday, results courtesy of puroresufan.com

NJPW “ROAD TO INVASION ATTACK”, 4/5/13 (Samurai! TV)
Tokyo Korakuen Hall1,800 Fans

1. Road to INVASION ATTACK I: Ryusuke Taguchi beat KUSHIDA (8:47) by pinfall.
2. Road to INVASION ATTACK II: Yuji Nagata & Hirooki Goto beat Manabu Nakanishi & Captain New Japan (8:01) when Nagata used a backdrop hold on Captain.
3. Road to INVASION ATTACK III: Togi Makabe, Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima beat Yujiro Takahashi, YOSHI-HASHI & Jado (10:29) when Kojima used a lariat on Jado.
4. Road to INVASION ATTACK IV: Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka beat Minoru Suzuki & Yoshihiro Takayama (7:54) when Suzuki was DQ’d.
5. Road to INVASION ATTACK V: Kazuchika Okada & Gedo beat Hiroshi Tanahashi & BUSHI (12:15) when Okada used the Red Ink on BUSHI.
6. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Prince Devitt (c) beat Alex Shelley (17:38) with the Bloody Sunday (3rd defense).
7. IWGP Tag Team Title: Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr. (c) beat Shinsuke Nakamura & Tomohiro Ishii (20:47) when Smith used the Killer bomb on Ishii (4th defense).

Nothing earth shattering really. Okada gets a win going into the title challenge vs Tana, Kojima gets the pin going into his NWA title match against Conway, who was there with Bruce Tharpe, and Smith gets the pin against Nakamura's teammate Ishii before he challenges Nakamura for the IC belt. Also, there was a sweep for Apollo 55 over Time Splitters in singles matches, they meet for the Jr tag titles tonight.

It's gonna be a great show, I'd highly recommended people check it out. Certainly better value for the money for only $25 than Mania will be for $70+ Phone Post
4/6/13 11:49 AM
Stryfe

If you have Captain New Japan on your team don't expect to go to the pay window!
4/6/13 1:08 PM
grizz632

A few weeks ago Prince Devitt tweeted that he took Captain's mask and farted in it a little before Captain put it on and went to the ring. The tweet included a pic of Devitt holding the mask in a bathroom stall.

So now not only is Captain terrible, but he smells like farts Phone Post
4/7/13 3:54 PM
grizz632

If anyone heard faint swearing through their windows around midnight last night, that was me coming home from my business trip to find the NIC in my PC dead, ensuring I'd miss the NJPW iPPV. FML...

So, results courtesy of puroresufan.com, my thoughts on it after I hit Fry's for a new NIC and order the replay

NJPW "INVASION ATTACK", 4/7/13 (WPW/PPV/iPPV)
Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan
8,200 Fans

1. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title: KUSHIDA & Alex Shelley (c) beat Prince Devitt & Ryusuke Taguchi (10:42) when KUSHIDA used a Japanese leg roll clutch hold on Taguchi (3rd defense)
.2. Special 8 Man Tag Match: Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Manabu Nakanishi, Super Strong Machine & Akebono beat Takashi Iizuka, Tomohiro Ishii, YOSHI-HASHI & Bob Sapp (10:00) when Nakanishi used the Uekara Don on YOSHI-HASHI.
3. CMLL World Tag Team Title: El Terrible & Tama Tonga (c) beat La Mascara & Valiente (8:57) when Terrible used the a powerbomb on Valiente.
4. Special Tag Match: Masato Tanaka  & Yujiro Takahashi beat Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma (10:41) when Tanaka used the Sliding D on Honma.
5. Special Singles Match: Minoru Suzuki beat Toru Yano (10:09) with a Gotch- piledriver.
6. Special Tag Match: Yuji Nagata & Hirooki Goto beat Kazushi Sakuraba & Katsuyori Shibata (11:32) by referee stop (Nagata beat Sakuraba).
7. Triple Main Event I – NWA World Heavyweight Title: Ron Conway  (c) beat Satoshi Kojima (14:24) with the Ego Trip.
8. Triple Main Event II – IWGP Intercontinental Title: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) beat Davey Boy Smith Jr. (18:04) with the Boma Ye (7th defense).
9. Triple Main Event III – IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada beat Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) (31:41) with the Rainmaker to become the 59th champion

By all accounts the show was fantastic. The Jr tag team match was said to be a great opener, Nakamura/Smith was excellent, and the main event was spectacular, as you've come to expect from Tana and Okada. After the main event, Okada called out Suzuki as his first challenger. If they can have even half the match that Suzuki and Tana had then we're in for a treat

Also of note, the Laugher7 tag match ended unexpectedly as Saku dislocated his elbow quite gruesomly on a suplex. The ref called for the bell once he saw it. However, like the man he is, Saku popped it back in and shook hands with Nagata after the match. So expect to see Saku out of action for a bit
4/7/13 5:46 PM
Stryfe

And Devitt did a great heel turn
4/9/13 12:31 AM
grizz632

The card was announced for "Pro Wrestling Dontaku 2013" next month in Fukuoka

NJPW "WRESTLING DONTAKU 2013?, 5/3/13 (WPW)
Fukuoka International Center

0. Yuji Nagata, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask & Maximo vs. Tomohiro Ishii, YOSHI-HASHI, Jado & Gedo
1. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title: KUSHIDA & Alex Shelley (c) vs. Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov
2. Bad Luck Fale Return Match: Ryusuke Taguchi & Captain New Japan vs. Prince Devitt & Bad Luck Fale (King Fale)
3. IWGP Tag Team Title – 4WAY Match: Winners of Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr./Scot Summers & Ryan Genesis (at NWA show on 4/20) (c) vs. Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima vs. Manabu Nakanishi & Strong Man vs. Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka
4. NEVER Openweight Title: Masato Tanaka (c) vs. Tomoaki Honma
5. Special Singles Match: Togi Makabe vs. Yujiro Takahashi
6. Special Singles Match: Hirooki Goto vs. Katsuyori Shibata
7. Special Singles Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Karl Anderson
8. Double Main Event I – IWGP Intercontinental Title: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. X
9. Double Main Event II – IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Minoru Suzuki

The "X" in the first main event will be a new Suzukigun player who will be on the whole tour. TAKA promised that it would be someone who would be "appropriate to challenge for an intercontinental belt", so expect a foreigner, and quite possibly a former WWE star. My early money is on Chris Masters, but that's complete speculation on my part

Prince Devitt also promised to create a new faction in NJPW, so it will be interesting to see who joins up with him and the returning Bad Luck Fale. The guy who runs puroresufan.com thinks it could be Karl Anderson and Tama Tonga joining up with Devitt and Fale. I for one would be behind that. Anderson and Devitt at the forefront, with Fale as the muscle and it would finally give Tonga something meaningful to do. A gaijin faction like that could make things really interesting around NJPW this year
4/10/13 4:49 PM
Tom Lawlor
556 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Watched Tanahashi/Okada today. It was fantastic. Phone Post
4/11/13 12:54 AM
grizz632

I'm watching it right now, very good early. That DDT Okada hit Tana with on the apron looked nasty, and I'm enjoying the Toryumon style submissions he's working

Also, I'm a bit surprised at the negative reactions Tana has been getting lately. Very Cena-ish Phone Post
4/11/13 1:19 AM
grizz632

Really tremendous match. Loved all the arm work by Tana trying to negate the Rainmaker. Both guys brought it, and the crowd was hot. Looking forward to seeing where both guys go from here Phone Post
4/11/13 7:11 AM
UGCTT_OBEY
214 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm bout to watch the card now I can't wait Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.