UnderGround Forums

Pro Wrestling Ground >> Official Puroresu News/Discussion/Video Thread

4/26/12 4:41 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Stryfe
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is looking like a great card

4/27/12 12:01 AM
grizz632
514 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, that's gonna be a good show. Really looking forward to Okada/Goto. It's probably too soon for Okada to drop the belt, but Goto is the one I'm hoping takes it from him, so it should be a great one
4/27/12 12:42 AM
Stryfe
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sadly people feel every time the Rain maker defends the title he's expected to drop it. They took a chance on him holding the title especially considering his TNA status and it paid off. I haven't found a list of the other matches yet but still looking.
4/27/12 1:00 PM
Tom Lawlor
469 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I doubt they will pull the belt off Okada at this point.

I dunno, I don't watch like I used to but Goto just doesn't have "it" to me. He is like at the same level as an earlier Nakanishi, although he did have an IWGP run soooo..

Eventually they will have to pull the trigger with Naito and the title. Phone Post
4/27/12 2:50 PM
grizz632
514 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree they won't and shouldn't pull the belt from Okada yet, but if they do it I really think it should be Goto that gets it. They've pushed him towards a title run for a while and never pulled the trigger and I think now is the time. I really think he can be a top guy for them. They won't do it while he's intercontinental champ though.

I completely agree on Naito also, but I have a gut feeling they're waiting for the Dome show in January to give him his big title win Phone Post
4/27/12 9:18 PM
grizz632

Edited: 04/27/12 9:18 PM
Stryfe - Sadly people feel every time the Rain maker defends the title he's expected to drop it. They took a chance on him holding the title especially considering his TNA status and it paid off. I haven't found a list of the other matches yet but still looking.

Here's the full card so far:

NJPW 40TH ANNIVERSARY ~ WRESTLING DONTAKU 2012 5/3/12

Strong Man, Wataru Inoue, Captain New Japan & Tama Tonga vs. YOSHI-HASHI, Jado, Gedo & Tomohiro Ishii

Ryusuke Taguchi & KUSHIDA vs. TAKA Michinoku & Taichi

IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Davey Richards & Rocky Romero (c) vs. Jushin Thunder Liger & Tiger Mask

IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Prince Devitt (c) vs. Low Ki

IWGP Tag Team Title: Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima (c) vs. Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka

Special Tag Match: Togi Makabe & Yuji Nagata vs. Minoru Suzuki & Yoshihiro Takayama

Special Singles Match: Karl Anderson vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

Special Tag Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi & Tetsuya Naito vs. Masato Tanaka & Yujiro Takahashi

IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Hirooki Goto
4/28/12 4:52 PM
Stryfe

grizz632 - 
Stryfe - Sadly people feel every time the Rain maker defends the title he's expected to drop it. They took a chance on him holding the title especially considering his TNA status and it paid off. I haven't found a list of the other matches yet but still looking.

Here's the full card so far:

NJPW 40TH ANNIVERSARY ~ WRESTLING DONTAKU 2012 5/3/12

Strong Man, Wataru Inoue, Captain New Japan & Tama Tonga vs. YOSHI-HASHI, Jado, Gedo & Tomohiro Ishii

IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Davey Richards & Rocky Romero (c) vs. Jushin Thunder Liger & Tiger Mask

IWGP Tag Team Title: Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima (c) vs. Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka

Special Tag Match: Togi Makabe & Yuji Nagata vs. Minoru Suzuki & Yoshihiro Takayama

Special Tag Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi & Tetsuya Naito vs. Masato Tanaka & Yujiro Takahashi

Thank you!
4/29/12 6:01 AM
cawsie77
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Enamoratu -
 One of my all time favourite matches. Steve Williams vs Kenta Kobashi.

Even if you're not a fan of these guys, do yourself a favour and watch the finish sequence of the match (from about 26:45).
Brilliant Phone Post
5/2/12 12:43 AM
Stryfe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYSNO509wAQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Having to send this by my phone but while I was waiting to hear the results of the NJPW show I thought I would post the match between Low Ki and Devitt from last year.
5/2/12 12:57 AM
grizz632

for Stryfe

Nice match, hopefully their match this week will be even better
5/2/12 11:29 PM
grizz632

Pretty big change to the card for the New Japan show tomorrow. Davey Richards was in a car accident and did not make the flight to Japan. So the IWGP Jr Heavyweight Tag Titles are now vacant. New champions will be decided on a future show, so for this one Gedo will take Davey's place in the tag and the bottom of the card has been reshuffled a bit. New card:

Strong Man, Captain New Japan & Tama Tonga vs. YOSHI-HASHI, Jado & Tomohiro Ishii

Jushin Thunder Liger & Tiger Mask vs. Rocky Romero & Gedo

5/2/12 11:42 PM
grizz632

Also, one of Dragon Gate's bigger events of the year, "Dead or Alive", is this weekend and there's some really interesting matches on the card. I'm not thrilled with a Cyber Kong title shot, but the Twin Gate and Triangle Gate matches should more than make up for that.

For those unfamiliar with the elimination match rules in the Mad Blankey vs Akatsuki match, basically how it works is that if a member of a team is eliminated, the other team can then bring one of their eliminated teammates back into the match. One member of each team will be designated the captain, and the match will end immediately if either captain is eliminated

DEAD or ALIVE 2012 - 5/6/12

Super Shisa, Kotoka vs. Rich Swann, Hollywood Stalker Ichikawa

KING OF CHOP Finals Return Match: Eita Kobayashi vs. Nakoi Tanisaki

Akatsuki vs. MAD BLANKEY Loser Revives One Hit Comeback Elimination Match: Akira Tozawa, BxB Hulk, Kzy, Mondai Ryu vs. YAMATO, Shingo Takagi, Chihiro Tominaga, Super Shenlong III

Open the Twin Gate: Jimmy Susumu, Jimmy Kagetora vs. Masaaki Mochizuki, Don Fujii

Open the Brave Gate: Ricochet vs. Dragon Kid

Open the Triangle Gate: Ryo "Jimmy" Saito, Jimmy Kanda, Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!! vs. Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino, PAC

Open the Dream Gate: CIMA vs. Cyber Kong
5/3/12 8:09 PM
grizz632

And the results are in from New Japan's "Pro Wrestling Dontaku 2012". Credit to Strong Style Spirit for the results

YOSHI-HASHI, Jado & Tomohiro Ishii beat Strong Man, Captain New Japan & Tama Tonga (7:12) when Ishii used a brainbuster on Tonga.

TAKA Michinoku & Taichi beat Ryusuke Taguchi & KUSHIDA (8:16) when Taichi used a Taichi-style Gedo clutch on KUSHIDA

Jushin Thunder Liger & Tiger Mask beat Rocky Romero & Gedo (7:50) when Tiger used a crucifix hold on Gedo.

IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Low Ki beat Prince Devitt (c) (21:01) with the Ki Krusher '99 to become the 63rd champion.

IWGP Tag Team Title: Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka beat Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima (c) (16:47) when Yano used the Oni Koroshi on Kojima to become the 59th champions.

Special Tag Match: Minoru Suzuki & Yoshihiro Takayama beat Togi Makabe & Yuji Nagata (13:43) when Suzuki used a Gotch-style piledriver on Makabe.

Special Singles Match: Shinsuke Nakamura beat Karl Anderson (12:15) with the Boma Ye.

Special Tag Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi & Tetsuya Naito beat Masato Tanaka & Yujiro Takahashi (13:59) when Tanahashi used the High Fly Flow on Takahashi.

IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada (c) beat Hirooki Goto (24:55) with the Rainmaker (2nd defense).

Tanahashi came out and challenged Okada after the main event, so that rematch should be coming up soon. Not a big fan of Ki beating Devitt with little to no build, but it should be a fun feud to watch unfold. And color me stunned that Yano and Iizuka won the tag titles from TenKoji. I'm hoping that's a short reign cause I'm not a huge fan of those two as champs
5/3/12 11:43 PM
Stryfe

Hate the tag match was changed up. Can't wait to see video from this show.
5/4/12 8:08 PM
grizz632

With all the goings on in New Japan lately we've been kind of sleeping on All Japan, and in the middle of the 2012 Champion Carnival no less! I haven't seen the results from today's show yet, but Seiya Sanada got a nice win over Taiyo Kea on the last show the other day. There are shows every day this weekend, culminating in the semi-finals and finals on Monday's show. Here are the standings in each block so far courtesy of purolove

Block A:
1. Yuji Nagata [8]
2. Daisuke Sekimoto [6]
3. Masayuki Kono [4]
-. Takao Omori [4]
5. Suwama [2]
-. Ryota Hama [2]
-. KENSO [2]

Block B:
1. Akebono [8]
2. Taiyo Kea [7]
3. Manabu Soya [6]
4. Seiya Sanada [4]
5. Yuji Okabayashi [3]
6. Takumi Soya [2]
7. Yutaka Yoshie [2] *

Yutaka Yoshie had to withdraw due to injury. Anyone interested in checking out the remaining show can watch them free of charge on AJPW's NicoNico channel

http://ch.nicovideo.jp/channel/ch610
5/4/12 8:14 PM
grizz632

And in DDT/Kaientai Dojo/sleazy Japanese indy news, K-Dojo kingpin Yuji Hino won the KO-D Championship at today's DDT show, beating Masa Takanashi. I'm a big Hino fan, so I'm pretty happy about this. Hino is now a double champion in DDT as he is one half of the KO-D tag champions as well

Also coming out of this show was the return to the ring of Kota Ibushi after missing 8+ months with injury. He lost to El Generico
5/5/12 8:26 AM
grizz632

Edited: 05/05/12 8:31 AM
The results are in for Friday's Champion Carnival show. Thanks again to purolove for the results:

Taiyo Kea & Akebono beat Takao Omori & Masanobu Fuchi (12:51)

Seiya Sanada, KAI & Hiroshi Yamato beat Kaz Hayashi, Shuji Kondo & Minoru Tanaka (11:55) when Sanada beat Kondo with the This Is It.

Champion Carnival - Block B: Yuji Okabayashi [5] beat Manabu Soya [6] (14:44)

Champion Carnival - Block A: Masayuki Kono [6] beat Yuji Nagata [8] (13:40) with the Giant Kneedrop.

Champion Carnival - Block A: KENSO [4] beat Ryota Hama [2] (11:11) with the Hagakure.

Champion Carnival - Block A: Suwama [4] beat Daisuke Sekimoto [6] (21:03) with the Last Ride.

I was hoping this Carnival would be a coming out party for a newer generation AJPW wrestler, preferably Sanada, but that doesn't look like it's going to happen for him. Could happen for Manabu Soya though, but I'm not sure he would benefit as much from it as Sanada would. Today's Carnival show has Suwama vs Nagata scheduled, so that should be a good one. Also, Block B lost another competitor as Takumi Soya injured his MCL and is out the rest of the tournament. Here are the updated standings going into the last two days of block action:

Block A:
1. Yuji Nagata [8]
2. Daisuke Sekimoto [6]
3. Masayuki Kono [6]
4. Takao Omori [4]
-. Suwama [4]
-. KENSO [4]
7. Ryota Hama [2]

Block B:
1. Akebono [8]
2. Taiyo Kea [7]
3. Manabu Soya [6]
4. Yuji Okabayashi [5]
5. Seiya Sanada [4]
6. Takumi Soya [2] *
7. Yutaka Yoshie [2] *
5/5/12 3:05 PM
Radio Raheem
1325 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/05/12 5:29 PM
In for video of the Low Ki vs Prince Devitt match. Really wanted to see this. These guys have had a good little feud going 
5/5/12 5:17 PM
grizz632

Looking forward to that one too. Gonna check the usual spots when I get home and see if it's up yet Phone Post
5/6/12 12:27 AM
Tom Lawlor
469 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hey Grizz, what are "the usual spots?". I am outta the loop here. Also, any good sites to follow action? Puroresufan.com is all I gots... Phone Post
5/6/12 12:59 AM
Stryfe

Tom Lawlor - hey Grizz, what are "the usual spots?". I am outta the loop here. Also, any good sites to follow action? Puroresufan.com is all I gots... Phone Post

I could use some updated links as well
5/6/12 1:54 PM
grizz632

For news and results, the best sites are:

purolove.com (for all companies. In German)
puroresufan.com (for NJPW)
iheartdg.com (for Dragon Gate)
dramaticddt.wordpress.com (for DDT and UNION)

The puroresufan.com forum can be a good source of info also. As for video downloads, check your PMs
5/6/12 2:06 PM
grizz632

Busy day today in Japan, so I'll start with the AJPW Champion Carnival. Here are the results from Saturday's show from purolove

Champion Carnival - Block B: Akebono [10] besiegt Takumi Soya [2] by Forfeit.

Champion Carnival - Block B: Manabu Soya [8] besiegt Yutaka Yoshie [2] by Forfeit.

Manabu Soya beat Yasufumi Nakanoue (8:24).

Takao Omori beat Hiroshi Yamato (10:04).

3 Way Match: Akebono beat KENSO & Masanobu Fuchi (9:10) by pinfall over Fuchi.

Seiya Sanada, KAI & Daisuke Harada (Osaka) beat Kaz Hayashi, Shuji Kondo & Minoru Tanaka (13:40) by submission, Sanada over Hayashi with the This Is It.

Champion Carnival - Block A: Ryota Hama [4] beat Masayuki Kono [6] (9:00) with a Body Press.

Champion Carnival - Block A: Suwama [5] vs. Yuji Nagata [9] - Time Limit Draw (30:00).

Standings:

Block A:
1. Yuji Nagata [9]
2. Daisuke Sekimoto [6]
3. Masayuki Kono [6]
4. Suwama [5]
5. Takao Omori [4]
-. KENSO [4]
-. Ryota Hama [4]

Block B:
1. Akebono [10]
2. Manabu Soya [8]
3. Taiyo Kea [7]
4. Yuji Okabayashi [5]
5. Seiya Sanada [4]
6. Takumi Soya [2] *
7. Yutaka Yoshie [2] *

Akebono and Manabu Soya got forfeit wins due to the injuries to Takumi Soya and Yoshie. So Akebono and Nagata are locks for the semi-finals, with Sekimoto, Kono and Suwama still alive in Block A and Manabu Soya and Taiyo Kea still alive in Block B. Soya and Kea have a match on today's show, so anything but a Kea win and Soya is in the semis. The show already happened, but I haven't had full results yet. From what I've been able to gather though, Kea did beat Soya, and Suwama advanced from Block A. Which, as long as they follow the traditional semi-final format of block winner vs opposite block runner-up, makes the show tomorrow look like this

Champion Carnival - Semi Final: Yuji Nagata vs Taiyo Kea
Champion Carnival - Semi Final: Akebono vs Suwama
Champion Carnival - Final: Semi-final #1 vs Semi-final #2

Not at all what I expected to be the final 4, but it could have been worse
5/6/12 2:13 PM
grizz632

Dragon Gate's "Dead or Alive 2012" PPV was today as well. Results courtesy of iheartdg.com

1. Rich Swann{W}, Hollywood Stalker Ichikawa (4:11 Frog Splash) Super Shisa, Kotoka{L}

2. KING OF CHOP Finals Return Match: Naoki Tanisaki (2:51 Low Blow -> Night Ride) Eita Kobayashi

3. Akatsuki vs. MAD BLANKEY Loser Revives One Hit Comeback Elimination Match: YAMATO, Shingo Takagi(c), Chihiro Tominaga, Super Shenlong III defeat Akira Tozawa(c), BxB Hulk, Kzy, Mondai Ryu
-Tominaga (Two Step Moonsault) Mondai Ryu
-Tozawa (German Suplex Hold) Shenlong; Mondai Ryu returns
-Takagi (Pumping Bomber) Mondai Ryu; Shenlong returns
-Kzy (Low Blow-> Pinfall) Tominaga; Mondai Ryu returns
-YAMATO (Low Blow -> Gallaria) Mondai Ryu; Tominaga returns
-Hulk (First Flash) Shenlong; Mondai Ryu returns
-(Over the Top Rope) YAMATO & Mondai Ryu; No return
-Kzy (Impact) Tominaga; Mondai Ryu returns
-Shingo (14:43 Last Falconry) Tozawa

4. Open the Twin Gate: Jimmy Susumu, Jimmy Kagetora{W} (15:22 Kagenui) Masaaki Mochizuki{L}, Don Fujii
*Second defense for the Jimmys

5. Open the Brave Gate: Dragon Kid (21:10 Dragon Rana) Ricochet
*Ricochet fails in his 4th Defense, DK becomes the 22nd Champion

6. Open the Triangle Gate: Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino, PAC{W} (20:16 360 Shooting Star Press) Ryo "Jimmy" Saito, Jimmy Kanda, Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!{L}
*The Jimmys fail in their second defense, W1i become the 35th Champions

7. Open the Dream Gate: CIMA (25:16 Meteora) Cyber Kong
*CIMA succeeds in his 3rd Defense

The most interesting result to me was Dragon Kid winning the Brave Gate from Ricochet. I couldn't remember seeing a Dragonrana in a really long time and, as it turns out, this was the first time Dragon Kid has used it since the ROH 6-man tag back in 2006, which I was there to see live
5/6/12 2:23 PM
Stryfe

Thanks for the update.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.