UnderGround Forums

Pro Wrestling Ground >> Official Puroresu News/Discussion/Video Thread

6/5/12 8:35 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
grizz632
487 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's not too bad from what I've seen, but this is a Mistico-level push

And PAC isn't leading the standings, so I KNOW it's a work
6/6/12 9:10 PM
grizz632
487 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/06/12 9:11 PM
So apparently New Japan reads this thread...

1. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Tiger Mask [8] beat Hiromu Takahashi [0] (6:50) with an avalanche-style double-arm suplex.
2. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Alex Kozlov [8] beat beat Daisuke Sasaki [4] (10:05) with the Russian Strike.
3. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Taichi [4] beat KUSHIDA [6] (2:33) with a Taichi-style Gedo clutch.
4. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Jushin Thunder Liger [8] beat BUSHI [6] (7:10) with a brainbuster.
5. Kazuchika Okada, Shinsuke Nakamura, YOSHI-HASHI & Tomohiro Ishii beat Hiroshi Tanahashi, Hirooki Goto, Tetsuya Naito & Tama Tonga (16:37) when Okada used the Rainmaker on Naito.
6. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Rocky Romero [6] beat Angel de Oro [8] (10:38) with a diving double kneedrop.
7. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: TAKA Michinoku [6] beat Ryusuke Taguchi [8] (11:11) with the Heavy Killer #1.
8. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Low Ki [14] beat Brian Kendrick [8] (10:37) with the Ki Crusher '99.
9. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: PAC [8] beat Prince Devitt [8] (17:24) with a Flaming Star Press.

Block A:
1. Prince Devitt [8]
- Jushin Thunder Liger [8]
- PAC [8]
- Angel de Oro [8]
5. KUSHIDA [6]
- BUSHI [6]
- Rocky Romero [6]
8. Gedo [4]
9. Taichi [4]

Block B:
1. Low Ki [14]
2. Tiger Mask [8]
- Ryusuke Taguchi [8]
- Brian Kendrick [8]
- Alex Kozlov [8]
6. TAKA Michinoku [6]
7. Daisuke Sasaki [4]
8. Jado [2]
9. Hiromu Takahashi [0]

PAC gets a massive win over Prince Devitt to tie for the lead in block A. For anyone who hasn't seen it before, the Flaming Star Press that PAC used is basically a reverse 450 Splash. Not quite as spectacular as his 360 Shooting Star Press he usually goes to as the big match finisher, but still pretty impressive. I can't find a clip of PAC doing it, but here's Little Dragon doing one

The win by PAC blows block A wide open, while Low Ki's win clinches him the top spot in block B. Two group stage shows left and still a lot up in the air, should be fun
6/6/12 11:03 PM
Stryfe
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I gotta see the match with PAC and Devitt
6/6/12 11:41 PM
grizz632

Yeah, I can't wait for that show to pop up online. The Dontaku PPV from last month finally showed up today, so tomorrow night for me should be filled with Devitt/Low Ki and Okada/Goto
6/7/12 8:36 PM
grizz632

Today's New Japan results courtesy of puroresufan.com

1. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: TAKA Michinoku [8] beat Daisuke Sasaki [4] (6:22) with the Heavy Killer #2.
2. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Brian Kendrick [10] beat Jado [2] (8:31) with the Sliced Bread #2.
3. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Rocky Romero [8] beat Gedo [4] (8:41) with the Gargoyle.
4. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima & Captain New Japan beat Toru Yano, Takashi Iizuka & Tomohiro Ishii (10:15) when Iizuka was DQ'd.
5. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Taichi [6] beat BUSHI [6] (9:33) with a small package hold.
6. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Alex Kozlov [10] beat Tiger Mask [8] (10:30) with the Russian Strike.
7. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: KUSHIDA [8] beat Angel de Oro [8] (8:22) with the Midnight Express.
8. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Hirooki Goto & Tetsuya Naito beat Kazuchika Okada, Shinsuke Nakamura & YOSHI-HASHI (17:35) when Tanahashi used the High Fly Flow on YOSHI-HASHI.

Block A:
1. Prince Devitt [8]
- Jushin Thunder Liger [8]
- KUSHIDA [8]
- Rocky Romero [8]
- PAC [8]
- Angel de Oro [8]
7. Taichi [6]
8. BUSHI [6]
9. Gedo [4]

Block B:
1. Low Ki [14]
2. Brian Kendrick [10]
3. Alex Kozlov [10]
4. Tiger Mask [8]
- Ryusuke Taguchi [8]
- TAKA Michinoku [8]
7. Daisuke Sasaki [4]
8. Jado [2]
9. Hiromu Takahashi [0]

So, going into the last day of group matches, there are still tons of questions to be answered as Low Ki is the only person guaranteed of a spot in the semi-finals as of today. In block A, 5 of the 6 wrestlers currently tied on 8 points are still alive, the only one of them that is eliminated is Angel de Oro. In block B, Ki is in already and, technically speaking, any of the 5 who are on either 10 or 8 points could make the semis also. Here are the matchups for Saturday's show

1. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: TAKA Michinoku vs. Hiromu Takahashi
2. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: Alex Kozlov vs. Low Ki
3. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: Tiger Mask vs. Jado
4. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Brian Kendrick
5. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: Rocky Romero vs. Taichi
6. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: BUSHI vs. Pac
7. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: KUSHIDA vs. Gedo
8. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: Prince Devitt vs. Jushin Thunder Liger

I'm always wrong, but my prediction is that Devitt and KUSHIDA come out of block A and Kendrick advances with Low Ki out of block B
6/7/12 8:41 PM
Stryfe
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PAC and Kushida and then koslov and Low ki
6/7/12 11:35 PM
grizz632

Two things would need to happen for Kozlov, he'd need to beat Low Ki and Kendrick needs to lose. I can see Taguchi beating Kendrick, but I don't think Koslov is going to beat Ki, which is what would need to happen since Kendrick would get the tiebreaker since he beat Koslov in their match. Like I said before though, I'm always wrong so maybe Koslov will advance

I'd like to see PAC advance also, but I have a bad feeling that they're going to put BUSHI over in that match since he's going to be with New Japan for the next year after All Japan agreed to loan him to them
6/9/12 10:25 AM
grizz632

As if I needed more proof that I'm always wrong...

1. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Hiromu Takahashi [2] beat TAKA Michinoku [8] (3:30) with the Catch The Dream.
2. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Jado [4] beat Tiger Mask [8] (7:26) by pinfall.
3. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Low Ki [16] beat Alex Kozlov [10] (10:14) with the Ki Krusher '99.
4. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Ryusuke Taguchi [10] beat Brian Kendrick [10] (9:59) with the Dodon.
5. Kazuchika Okada, Shinsuke Nakamura, YOSHI-HASHI & Tomohiro Ishii beat Hiroshi Tanahashi, Hirooki Goto, Tetsuya Naito & Tama Tonga (17:40) when Okada used the Rainmaker on Tonga.
6. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Taichi [8] beat Rocky Romero [8] (9:58) with a Taichi-style Gedo clutch.
7. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Gedo [6] beat KUSHIDA [8] (10:32) with the Gedo clutch SN.
8. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: PAC [10] beat BUSHI [6] (8:35) with a 360 Shooting Star Press.
9. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Prince Devitt [10] beat Jushin Thunder Liger [8] (12:13) with the Bloody Sunday.

Block A:
1. PAC [10]
2. Prince Devitt [10]
3. Jushin Thunder Liger [8]
- KUSHIDA [8]
- Taichi [8]
- Rocky Romero [8]
- Angel de Oro [8]
8. Gedo [6]
9. BUSHI [6]

Block B:
1. Low Ki [16]
2. Ryusuke Taguchi [10]
3. Brian Kendrick [10]
4. Alex Kozlov [10]
5. Tiger Mask [8]
6. TAKA Michinoku [8]
7. Daisuke Sasaki [4]
8. Jado [4]
9. Hiromu Takahashi [2]

Coming into the show, Ryusuke Taguchi needed tons of help in order to advance to the semis, and he got every bit of it. So, thanks to his win over Kendrick, losses by Kozlov, Tiger Mask, and TAKA, and the tiebreaker situation, the "Funky Weapon" joins his 'Apollo 55' teammate Devitt in the semifinals. PAC and Devitt end up tied on points at the top of block A, giving first place to PAC by virtue of his singles win over Devitt the other day. So tomorrow's semi-finals and finals at Korakuen Hall shape up like this:

Best of the Super Jr. – Semi Final: Ryusuke Taguchi vs. PAC
Best of the Super Jr. – Semi Final: Prince Devitt vs. Low Ki
Best of the Super Jr. – Final: Taguchi/PAC vs Devitt/Ki

I don't think they'll do a rematch of PAC/Devitt in the finals less than a week after their last match, so I'm predicting an all 'Apollo 55' final of Taguchi vs Devitt
6/10/12 12:11 PM
Stryfe

Sucks about Devitts injury

Ran across this zero 1 card

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5YyGQLewVM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The tanaka /hidaka vs marufuji /ishimori is a good match. Would really like to see Marufuji and Masato
6/10/12 5:37 PM
Radio Raheem
1324 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Low Ki was defeated by Ryusuke Taguchi in the finals of New Japan's Best of the Super Juniors tournament Sunday to be denied a perfect run through the tournament. Ki beat Prince Devitt in one semi-final match and Taguchi beat PAC in the other semi-final. Taguchi then beat Ki in the finals to earn a future IWGP Jr. Hvt. Title shot against Ki. Phone Post
6/10/12 11:28 PM
grizz632

Here are the full results from the New Japan show

1. Jado & Gedo beat Angel de Oro & Daisuke Sasaki (5:39) when Jado used the Crossface of JADO on Sasaki.
2. Rocky Romero, Alex Kozlov & Brian Kendrick beat KUSHIDA, BUSHI & Hiromu Takahashi (7:33) when Kozlov used the Russian Strike on Takahashi.
3. Best of the Super Jr. – Semi Final: Ryusuke Taguchi beat PAC (10:38) with the Dodon.
4. Best of the Super Jr. – Semi Final: Low Ki beat Prince Devitt (8:00) with a Sharpshooter.
5. Toru Yano, Takashi Iizuka & YOSHI-HASHI beat Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima & Captain New Japan (9:50) when Yano used the Akakiri on Captain.
6. Minoru Suzuki, TAKA Michinoku & Taichi beat Togi Makabe, Jushin Thunder Liger & Tiger Mask (12:53) when Taichi used a Taichi-style Gedo clutch on Liger.
7. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Hirooki Goto & Tetsuya Naito beat Kazuchika Okada, Shinsuke Nakamura & Tomohiro Ishii (15:47) when Tanahashi used the High Fly Flow on Ishii.
8. Best of the Super Jr. – Final: Ryusuke Taguchi beat Low Ki (17:01) with a Milano–saku Dodon's Throne.

Funky Weapon FTW!!

After losing in the final last year to Kota Ibushi, Taguchi has been kind of a sentimental favorite throughout the tournament this year, so seeing him finally win the big one was really nice. Obviously this sets up a title shot against Low Ki, which may come as soon as next week's "Dominion" PPV. No word yet on the extent of Devitt's knee injury that I've seen. Hopefully it's not serious
6/10/12 11:34 PM
grizz632

Stryfe - Sucks about Devitts injury

Ran across this zero 1 card

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5YyGQLewVM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The tanaka /hidaka vs marufuji /ishimori is a good match. Would really like to see Marufuji and Masato

Nice find on this show. I've been wanting to see the Jimmyz vs Ito/Fujita match
6/11/12 8:26 PM
grizz632

And his big win in the Best of the Super Juniors does indeed grant the "Funky Weapon" a shot at Low Ki's title this weekend. Also, filling out what is already a stacked card are the returns of two outsider tag teams, the "Golden Lovers" (Kota Ibushi and Kenny Omega), and the team of MVP and Shelton Benjamin. Devitt's injury doesn't look to be serious as he's back on the card. And, with all the focus on the Super Juniors tournament on this tour, the title match has kind of flown under the radar, but it's a big'un. Will Tanahashi avenge his loss from February? Or will "The Rainmaker" solidify his spot as the new ace of New Japan?

NJPW "DOMINION 6.16", 16.06.2012 (WPW/PPV)
Osaka Prefectural Gymnasium

1. Prince Devitt, KUSHIDA & BUSHI vs. Kota Ibushi , Kenny Omega & Daisuke Sasaki
2. Yuji Nagata, Wataru Inoue & Captain New Japan vs. Tomohiro Ishii, YOSHI-HASHI & Rocky Romero
3. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title, Decision Match: Jushin Thunder Liger & Tiger Mask vs. TAKA Michinoku & Taichi
4. Karl Anderson & Tama Tonga vs. MVP & Shelton Benjamin
5. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Low Ki (c) vs. Ryusuke Taguchi
6. IWGP Tag Team Title: Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka (c) vs. Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima
7. Hirooki Goto & Tetsuya Naito vs. Shinsuke Nakamura & Masato Tanaka
8. Togi Makabe vs. Minoru Suzuki
9. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi
6/11/12 8:58 PM
Radio Raheem
1324 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck yes Okada vs Tanahashi 
6/11/12 10:02 PM
grizz632

Really looking forward to it. New Japan better not screw it up by pulling the belt from Okada. It's not time yet
6/11/12 11:11 PM
grizz632

A Japanese blogger that posts on some of the message boards I frequent posted this video of his trip to the Best of the Super Juniors final. For anyone who hasn't been to Korakuen Hall before it's a pretty cool look at what it's like to attend a puro show.

Note that Korakuen Hall is only on the 4th floor of the building he walks into, not the whole building. It's a lot more nondescript than you'd think. That lobby he walks through where the merch tables are was just as crazy full at intermission at the show I went to. It's still amazing to me how you could just walk up to some of the biggest stars in the puro world like that. I got to meet Prince Devitt at the show I was at, he got Nagata and Minoru Suzuki
6/11/12 11:12 PM
Tom Lawlor
462 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

grizz632 - Really looking forward to it. New Japan better not screw it up by pulling the belt from Okada. It's not time yet

Okada should be the ONE guy Tanahashi can't beat. Let him challenge again and fail, let someone in the future get a fluke win over Okada, let Tanahashi win the belt back off that person only to lose it to Okada again....then get Tanahashi to chase again.
6/11/12 11:20 PM
grizz632

I love where they're going with Okada, and it seems like they're building Naito as the big future challenger. Okada proposed recently that there should be a rankings list of challengers to the belt because he's tired of Naito making claims to a title match that Okada doesn't feel he deserves. He wants to have New Japan rank the challengers, like boxing, and he will only defend against the top ranked challenger. And, of course, he ranks Naito very low, setting up the chase for the belt
6/14/12 12:02 AM
grizz632

Today was the 3rd anniversary of the death of Mitsuharu Misawa. In memory of it's founder, Pro Wrestling Noah held "Mitsuharu Misawa Memorial Night" at Korakuen Hall

1. Atsushi Kotoge beat Kikutaro (8:20) with the Kill Switch.
2. Daisuke Ikeda & Takuma Sano beat Genba Hirayanagi & Kentaro Shiga (8:22) Ikeda beat Shiga with the Dai-Chan Bomber.
3. Mohammed Yone & Ricky Marvin beat Katsuhiko Nakajima & Satoshi Kajiwara (11:52) Yone beat Kajiwara with a Muscle Buster.
4. Luke Gallows, Roderick Strong & Bobby Fish beat Shane Haste, Mikey Nicholls & Zack Sabre Jr. (10:20) Gallows beat Sabre with the Dynamic Bomb.
5. Maybach Taniguchi & Yoshinobu Kanemaru beat Tamon Honda & Masao Inoue (13:30) Taniguchi beat Inoue with the Maybach Bomb.
6. GHC Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Kotaro Suzuki & Atsushi Aoki (c) beat Naomichi Marufuji & Taiji Ishimori (29:31) Suzuki beat Ishimori with a Tiger Driver (7th defense.)
7. Mitsuharu Misawa Memorial Match: Jun Akiyama, Go Shiozaki & Akitoshi Saito beat Takeshi Morishima, Kensuke Sasaki & Shiro Koshinaka (21:48) Shiozaki beat Morishima with the Limit Break.

During the show, KENTA announced his return to the ring after his knee injury last year will be at the Sumo Hall show at the end of July

Hard to believe that it's been 3 years already since Misawa passed. One of the greatest to ever grace a wrestling ring and the definition of the word "legend"

6/14/12 12:25 AM
grizz632

Since you asked so nicely...

I <3 Ice Ribbon
6/15/12 11:47 AM
Stryfe

"During the show, KENTA announced his return to the ring after his knee injury last year will be at the Sumo Hall show at the end of July"

This is great news
6/15/12 3:22 PM
grizz632

Yeah, I might start watching Noah more regularly when he gets back. I've only had a passing interest in Noah the last few years but KENTA was one of the biggest reasons I always gave them another shot. KENTA, Marufuji, Morishima, and Go Shiozaki were the ones that made it watchable. Kotaro Suzuki's feud with Nakajima last year was awesome too Phone Post
6/16/12 1:11 PM
grizz632

Edited: 06/16/12 1:12 PM
Results from the big New Japan "Dominion" PPV

1. Kota Ibushi , Kenny Omega & Daisuke Sasaki beat Prince Devitt, KUSHIDA & BUSHI (10:48) when Ibushi used a sit-down Last Ride on BUSHI.
2. YOSHI-HASHI, Tomohiro Ishii & Rocky Romero beat Yuji Nagata, Wataru Inoue & Captain New Japan (9:26) when Ishii used a brainbuster on Captain.
3. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Jushin Thunder Liger & Tiger Mask beat TAKA Michinoku & Taichi (9:20) when Tiger used a Tiger suplex hold on Taichi to become the 32nd champions (decision match).
4. Special Tag Match: MVP & Shelton Benjamin beat Karl Anderson & Tama Tonga (10:19) when Benjamin used the Paydirt on Tonga.
5. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Low Ki (c) beat Ryusuke Taguchi (12:32) with the Warrior's Wrath (1st defense).
6. IWGP Tag Team Title: Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka (c) vs. Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima went to a double countout (2:41). (RESTART) Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka (c) vs. Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima went to a no contest (12:26) (1st defense).
7. Special Tag Match: Shinsuke Nakamura & Masato Tanaka beat Hirooki Goto & Tetsuya Naito (13:28) when Tanaka used the Sliding D on Naito.
8. Special Singles Match: Togi Makabe beat Minoru Suzuki (16:21) with a King Kong kneedrop.
9. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Hiroshi Tanahashi beat Kazuchika Okada (c) (28:06) with the High Fly Flow to become the 58th champion.

So the Okada experiment is over after just 4 months and the belt goes back to John Cena..., er I mean Hiroshi Tanahashi. I really thought Okada was doing a great job as champ and would have benefited from a longer title run, but New Japan decided that their top face and cash cow needed the title back, so the 6th title reign of Tana begins. Incidentally, his total of 6 reighns as IWGP Heavyweight Champion ties Tana for the most in New Japan history with Tatsumi Fujinami, and his next successful defense will break his tie with Shinya Hashimoto for the most combined defenses in history

In the IWGP Jr Tag Title decision match, the old dogs showed they still have some fight in them as Tiger Mask and Jushin Thunder Liger got the win over Suzuki-gun's TAKA and Taichi. Liger wrestled as "Kishin Liger", the persona he debuted against The Great Muta back in '96. He used red mist on Taichi, which Tiger Mask took advantage of to get him in the Tiger Suplex for the win

After his successful defense over the Best of the Super Juniors winner Taguchi, Low Ki was challenged by the returning Kota Ibushi. That match may happen at the New Japan/All Japan joint 40th anniversary show coming up

After the main event, the next challengers for the IWGP Heavyweight title made their claims as both Togi Makabe and Masato Tanaka challenged Tana. Both of them got big wins on the show, with Togi pinning Minoru Suzuki and Tanaka getting the win over Naito
6/16/12 2:00 PM
grizz632

Also announced today was the lineup and schedule for Zero-1's 2012 "Fire Festival". For those unfamiliar with the Fire Festival, it's an annual summer tournament that Zero-1 holds. It will be two 5 man blocks, with the winners meeting in the finals. The winner is presented with one of the most badass trophies in the world, the Fire Sword, which they carry until next year's Fire Festival. The defending champion is Big Japan's Daisuke Sekimoto

Participants:
1. Shinjiro Otani
2. Masato Tanaka
3. Kohei Sato
4. Ryouji Sai
5. KAMIKAZE
6. Shito Ueda
7. Go Shiozaki (Pro Wrestling Noah)
8. Mohammed Yone (Pro Wrestling Noah)
9. Daisuke Sekimoto (Big Japan)
10. Tomoaki Honma

Schedule:
- 7/20/2012 @ Belle Salle Roppongi
- 7/22/2012 @ Aomori Hamanasu Hall
- 7/25/2012 @ Bandai City Park Special Ring
- 7/272012 @ Hamamatsu-cho Children's Amusement Park
- 7/28/2012 @ Tsukuba Kapio
- 7/292012 @ Tajimi Ceramic Park MINO
- 7/30/.2012 @ Osaka BODYMAKER COLOSSEUM (Osaka Prefectural Gymnasium #2)
- 8/1/2012 @ Zepp Nagoya
- 8/2/2012 @ Takeshiba Coliseum (ZERO1 Gym)
- 8/4/2012 @ Koshigaya Lake Town Store
- 8/5/2012 @ Tokyo Korakuen Hall
6/17/12 12:45 AM
grizz632

This weekend marks back to back "Champion Gate" shows for Dragon Gate at Hakata Star Lanes. Today was the first show, results courtesy of iheartdg.com

0. Super Shenlong III{W}, Chihiro Tominaga (5:55 Modified Pinfall) K-ness, Kotoka{L}
1. WORLD-1 International vs. Jimmys: Jimmy Susumu{W}, Jimmy Kagetora (14:00 Mugen) Ricochet, Rich Swann{L}
2. Extreme Comedy Match: Don Fujii (0:10 Nodowa Otoshi) Hollywood Stalker Ichikawa
2b. Don Fujii (0:12 Blocked La Magistral) Hollywood Stalker Ichikawa
2c. Don Fujii (3:58 Failed Ina Bauer German -> Pinfall) Hollywood Stalker Ichikawa
3. MAD BLANKEY vs. -akatsuki-: YAMATO, Shingo Takagi (12:14 MB Interference -> DQ) BxB Hulk, Naoki Tanisaki{L}
4. Dream Gate Final Preliminary Skirmish: CIMA{W}, Masaaki Mochizuki, Gamma (14:04 Jorge Clutch) Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!{L}, Ryo "Jimmy" Saito, Jimmy Kanda
5. Open the Brave Gate: Dragon Kid (17:04 Bible) Super Shisa
*DK succeeds in his 1st Defense
6. Open the Triangle Gate: Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino{W}, PAC (18:44 Sol Naciente) Akira Tozawa, Mondai Ryu, Cyber Kong{L}
W1i succeed in their 2nd Defense

Also, on the subject of Dragon Gate, I was looking back on the results I've posted lately and realized that I missed the formation of the newest stable. At the end of last month, Kenichiro Arai, K-Ness, Super Shisa, and Shisa Boy formed a group and made a challenge for the Triangle Gate. CIMA had been appealing for a Triangle Gate shot for the Veteran Army and poked fun at the new group of challengers. He told Arai that they should call the group "Madogiwa no Windows", which roughly translates to "Windows to Windows". The joke was never really fully explained that I've seen anywhere, but I do know that in Japan when some workers are nearing retirement they are given jobs with little or no responsibilities, often with a seat near the window, where they just while away their days until retirement. Those workers are called "Madogiwazoku", or "Window Seat Tribe". Seeing as though Arai, K-Ness, and Shisa are some of the oldest workers on the Dragon Gate roster, that's probably the root of CIMA's joke. Regardless, the name stuck and the new group is now referred to as "Windows" for short. Earlier this month, Kotoka appealed for membership and was allowed in, so the group now stands at:

Kenichiro Arai
K-Ness
Super Shisa
Shisa Boy
Kotoka

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.