UnderGround Forums

Cigars, Beer & Poker Ground >> Tips for n00b cigar smokers?

3/23/12 4:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PoWdA101
606 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

have any? I ask because I am a n00b.

One question I really have is are there cigars that are considered totally n00bish to smoke? Like I asked my local shop about CAO Gold Maduro and she almost acted like I was retarded or something (I got one in a sampler pack and loved it FWIW). Is this cigar n00bish or something? She had a strange reaction is all...

So really a few questions:

1) Are there certain cigars that only n00bs smoke?

2) Is there any cigar smoking etiquette that I should know about?

Thanks ahead of time,

Powda
Cigar n00b
3/23/12 7:25 PM
legitballer
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tip #1: Smoke whatever you like. Who cares what others think about a certain stick. If you like it, smoke it!
3/25/12 11:37 AM
joesonshuevos
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1) Are there certain cigars that only n00bs smoke? Fuck no. If you Macanudos and Baccarats, smoke those light-bodied bitches! Flavoured? Smoke those hoes too!

2) Is there any cigar smoking etiquette that I should know about? 1 thing that actually happened yesterday, don't put a cigar in your mouth and then ask to borrow your buddies cutter.
4/30/12 3:51 PM
RPBJJ
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good thread.... I have gotten away from teh strong shit and started enjoying ACIDs... flavor infused or whatever... some of the cigar snobs (my dad) are acting like I'm drinking a wine cooler of something... but I enjoy them. The Acid Roam is my new favorite!
5/8/12 1:21 PM
joesonshuevos
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5. if the draw tastes bitter it is probably Dominican so discard and find a Cuban/Nicaraguan.

FIXED :)

A lot of wisdom in those posts, but the portion about friends and bands, those are some weird people. A band is a great conversation starter.
5/20/12 7:31 PM
joesonshuevos

Sometimes the guy bragging is the guy who found a great inexpensive cigr. bragging is sometimes just sharing misinterpreted

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.