UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Dragons Dogma?!?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

5/22/12 6:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TXAnaconda -
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay -
Genious - just picked this one up, here goes
I'm not getting it till like the 31st :( Phone Post
Same here. Damn you Amazon deliverys! Phone Post
I think I've played the two demo quests about 10 times lol Phone Post
5/22/12 6:41 PM
TXAnaconda
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay -
TXAnaconda -
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay -
Genious - just picked this one up, here goes
I'm not getting it till like the 31st :( Phone Post
Same here. Damn you Amazon deliverys! Phone Post
I think I've played the two demo quests about 10 times lol Phone Post
I'm proud of myself for sticking to what I said and played the demo at least one mission everyday. Can't wait for this weekend. Phone Post
5/22/12 6:52 PM
TXAnaconda

. Phone Post
5/22/12 7:09 PM
Sonnen Fanboy
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The 360 version is technically inferior

It stutters and has bad pop in, ps3 doesn't

I'm gonna get it Phone Post
5/22/12 7:13 PM
Smellmyfinger

i have noticed a little slow down in the game for 360 but nothing that is game breaking its well worth the 60 bucks trust me
5/22/12 8:21 PM
LittleKang
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

anyone know how long the game is without buying those extra quests ? Phone Post
5/22/12 8:34 PM
Smellmyfinger

Edited: 05/22/12 8:34 PM
50 hours for main quest if you do all the side quests on the disk over 100 plus hours <br />
5/22/12 8:35 PM
Smellmyfinger

Gotta also realize the extra quests are only 80 microsoft points not like its gonna be expensive
5/22/12 9:02 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The way I see it, a game doesn't have to be a polished masterpiece for me to play it. Sure, DD will have it's flaws, but it's nothing that makes it unplayable. If you can look past minor graphical glitches and what not then you will experience a pretty fun RPG that will keep you occupied for a long time. Phone Post
5/22/12 9:08 PM
LittleKang
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay - The way I see it, a game doesn't have to be a polished masterpiece for me to play it. Sure, DD will have it's flaws, but it's nothing that makes it unplayable. If you can look past minor graphical glitches and what not then you will experience a pretty fun RPG that will keep you occupied for a long time. Phone Post
hhhmmmm Phone Post
5/23/12 9:16 AM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

Is anyone playing as a Strider?

From what I've played in the demo the bow does quite a lot of damage and is a useful weapon. However, after watching a couple live streams it looks like the bow is pretty useless and they have had to resort to only using their daggers.

I want to play as a strider and then become a mystic archer later on. However, I'll probably pick something different if the bow is useless. I'm pretty sure you can't block if your the strider so it might be pretty easy to get killed if you have to use the daggers. Phone Post
5/23/12 11:07 AM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

TTT Phone Post
5/23/12 1:16 PM
LittleKang

waiting on more review from you guys before deciding. May decide by this weekend Phone Post
5/24/12 3:20 AM
TXAnaconda

I personally am thoroughly enjoying it. Phone Post
5/24/12 4:20 AM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

To kill the lizards get behind them and dlash their tails until they fall off, it seriously weakens them, couple more hits after that and they are done.

Remember your pawns don't level! Only you and your main pawn can level up. The other two will stay at the level you got them at. If you are finding battles challenging, find a rift stone and buy some better pawns to help you out. Phone Post
5/24/12 4:23 AM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

Also, there is no shame in running away lol. Maybe you are at an area in the game you shouldn't be at. You might have explored too far? Phone Post
5/24/12 9:28 AM
LittleKang

I am gonna wait for the price of it to drop Phone Post
5/24/12 10:22 AM
Big Pun
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

glad I didn't get this one
5/24/12 10:38 AM
LittleKang

Big Pun - glad I didn't get this one
unrelated note pun, i finally found a marvel ultimate alliance 2 for cheap! Phone Post
5/24/12 11:49 AM
Trasher66
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am about 20 hours in and the game is awesome! Not having any of the frustrations listed above due to the fact I am leveling up and using strategy correctly. Phone Post
5/24/12 12:03 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

Genious - Okay, I'm going to keep trying. I have been leveling my arms and armor as well as my pawns, but I guess I'm still doing it wrong somehow. lol

If you are taking pawns from the rift then they do not level or gain experience.

It is encouraged to take a new set of pawns every so often to keep your team at your level.
5/24/12 5:37 PM
Smellmyfinger

if you got the rift Coins you can buy pawns higher than your level dont matter how high long as you got the coins i got the 2000 bonus from game stop at level 14 i got me 2 level 25 pawns with decked out gear we took down a cyclops fast. This game is not about just running in and hacking away takes strategy listen to the pawns. This game has challenge coming from a developer in japan. So far there is no fast travel unless you can buy the stones needed. At night time zombies and other things come to life.

5/24/12 6:20 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

Pawns that you get off xbox live can actually tell you how to complete quests or what the quickest way to kill a certain enemy is if that pawn has completed the quest or killed a certain enemy so many times.

So if you get a pawn that has been further along in the game than you, he will retain knowledge of earlier quests he/she has completed with another player. This means they will say things like "Pull that lever to open the door" or "The treasure is behind that wall". Something to that effect.

If they have killed a certain enemy so many times, for example, the lizard men that hide in the rivers, they will have a knowledge of that foes weak spots and resistances. The pawn with say things like "Cut off its tail!" or "Arrows will not do much damage" when you get into a fight with these creatures.

It's a pretty cool system. I would always check a pawns knowledge of enemies and quests before I buy them as it can prove to be very useful if there is a certain quest you are stuck on or a certain enemy you can't beat. Phone Post
5/25/12 10:05 AM
invalid
370 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah that's neat
5/26/12 5:35 AM
le Hippie
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Only about 4 hours in and very happy with the game. The pawn system is pure genius! Does anybody know if other players can still find your pawn in the rift if you are offline? Phone Post

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.