UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Dragons Dogma?!?

5/26/12 7:04 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

le Hippie - Only about 4 hours in and very happy with the game. The pawn system is pure genius! Does anybody know if other players can still find your pawn in the rift if you are offline? Phone Post
Do you mean if your xbox is off?

Yea, I think people are able to get your pawn from the rift but he/she will be the way you left them before you turned off your xbox. Phone Post
5/26/12 1:28 PM
EVIL YOSHI
723 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just now starting this up. Anyone want to become my pawn!? Phone Post
5/26/12 1:36 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EVIL YOSHI - Just now starting this up. Anyone want to become my pawn!? Phone Post
There isn't any online co-op. You are always in a team of 4 but the other 3 will always be AI. Phone Post
5/26/12 1:55 PM
EVIL YOSHI
723 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay -
EVIL YOSHI - Just now starting this up. Anyone want to become my pawn!? Phone Post
There isn't any online co-op. You are always in a team of 4 but the other 3 will always be AI. Phone Post
I know but you all have pawns, right? Gimme Phone Post
5/26/12 5:33 PM
EVIL YOSHI

If anyone wants to recruit my pawn, please do. He's level 17.

Gt NowWatchMeflex Phone Post
5/26/12 10:08 PM
Smellmyfinger
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can pick mine up as well around level 17 GT is TNHi11Billy
5/26/12 10:12 PM
EVIL YOSHI

Level 20 now.  His name is Thane Rios, and he's a Bad Ass.
5/28/12 3:28 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

Just ordered off Amazon. Should be here Friday probably :)
5/28/12 3:31 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

^ I think you can change your pawns preferences so he/she focuses more on healing.
5/28/12 7:29 PM
TXAnaconda

UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay -  ^ I think you can change your pawns preferences so he/she focuses more on healing.
Yeah you can. Go to the inn in Gran Soren and there should be a gold lookin chair. From there you answer some questions and they'll change. Phone Post
5/28/12 9:56 PM
Delorian
204 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This game is amazing.  That is all.  If you liked Skyrim, Demon's or Dark Souls, or any other darker fantasy RPG then this will most certainly not disappoint.  

I'm having a fucking blast with it.  Oh, and the pawn system is actually pretty awesome, especially if you actually get a well made pawn - and evne if you don't, it's not hard to fire his or her worthless ass and get a new one.  

There are some flaws as any game will naturally have, but the good blows the bad away and ultimately leaves a dedicated player with a very enthralling experience.  

Two thumbs way up.  
5/28/12 10:59 PM
TXAnaconda

Delorian -  This game is amazing.  That is all.  If you liked Skyrim, Demon's or Dark Souls, or any other darker fantasy RPG then this will most certainly not disappoint.  

I'm having a fucking blast with it.  Oh, and the pawn system is actually pretty awesome, especially if you actually get a well made pawn - and evne if you don't, it's not hard to fire his or her worthless ass and get a new one.  

There are some flaws as any game will naturally have, but the good blows the bad away and ultimately leaves a dedicated player with a very enthralling experience.  

Two thumbs way up.  
Well said. Phone Post
5/30/12 11:49 PM
supersaiyan

i am thinking of trading Ghost REcon for this... game..i had already intended to get this in the first place but snagged Ghost REcon instead. Since i already have MASS EFFECT 3 i dont really want another shooter.
5/31/12 3:25 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

Just started playing this earlier today.

It's great so far, really enjoying it. I started off as a Strider but not having the ability to block really got on my nerves. I was getting killed way to easily so I restarted the game as a Fighter and it's great!

Can't wait to get back to playing. Phone Post
5/31/12 11:04 PM
supersaiyan

thanks for the heads up...now i know where to start lol
6/1/12 4:10 PM
invalid
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Delorian -  This game is amazing.  That is all.  If you liked Skyrim, Demon's or Dark Souls, or any other darker fantasy RPG then this will most certainly not disappoint.  

Yeah, I'm pretty much set on picking this up when the price drops a little. The more I read, the more excited I get to check it out. Haven't played a traditional style RPG in quite some time.

It's not too "Japanese" though is it? Like girly looking main character with physically impossible spiked hair and a sword 8x his body size?
6/1/12 4:44 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

invalid -
Delorian -  This game is amazing.  That is all.  If you liked Skyrim, Demon's or Dark Souls, or any other darker fantasy RPG then this will most certainly not disappoint.  

Yeah, I'm pretty much set on picking this up when the price drops a little. The more I read, the more excited I get to check it out. Haven't played a traditional style RPG in quite some time.

It's not too "Japanese" though is it? Like girly looking main character with physically impossible spiked hair and a sword 8x his body size?
No it's too overly "Japanese" like a Final Fantasy game. It can be, if you want. But I've noticed the game draws rather heavily from Western RPG and borrows some of the fun aspects from Japan (such as over the top, giant bosses). You're character can just look like a normal person if you want. The character customization is actually very good in this game.

I think the one thing about Dragon's Dogma that is standing out for me is just how hard the game is. This is by no stretch of the imagination an easy game, some of the fights and quests you get into are pretty challenging... Phone Post
6/3/12 1:05 AM
supersaiyan

yea not to JRPGish imo and true enough its challenging... took me a while to take that friggin dragon in the demo

there is another demo option where you fight this half lion half bull ( i think ) and that too took some ttime to freaking kill lol

definitely gonna get this for rpg sakes :)
6/9/12 9:34 PM
omgjoshjames
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm loving this game. Finally found some magic weapons, and have some good skills. I love just going out and exploring. Night time in this game scares the shit out of me lol. Phone Post
6/10/12 7:36 AM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

Yea I've been wondering... Anyone know where I can get some better armour or weapons? I've bought all the best stuff available from the blacksmith at Gran Soren (I'm a fighter, recently got full vocation rank and I'm going to change soon) but I can't find any better armour.

I have like 500k and some weapons worth about 100k in my item storage that I'm not selling in case I need them. Phone Post
6/10/12 10:59 AM
omgjoshjames
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay - Yea I've been wondering... Anyone know where I can get some better armour or weapons? I've bought all the best stuff available from the blacksmith at Gran Soren (I'm a fighter, recently got full vocation rank and I'm going to change soon) but I can't find any better armour.

I have like 500k and some weapons worth about 100k in my item storage that I'm not selling in case I need them. Phone Post
I found a fire enchanted sword in some catacombs NW of Grand Soren. Also found a lightening enchanted mace and an awesome 2 handed hammer way up north where it gets really windy. I'll post better directions if need be when I get home. Phone Post
6/11/12 11:19 PM
LittleKang
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just started and got two high levek side pawns
My guy is Jhaqen and main pawn is Arya lol Phone Post
6/13/12 5:45 PM
invalid
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wish some of the used copies would go down in price; I really want to play this game
6/13/12 6:14 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

invalid - I wish some of the used copies would go down in price; I really want to play this game
Check eBay or something? Phone Post
6/16/12 6:53 PM
TwistedNipple

I left the game on the start screen for a while and this cheesy song started playing. I was getting worried, but the game is awesome. First thing I did when I finished the tutorial was throw some chick off the balcony. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.