UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Belcher: It would be 'cool' to heel hook Palhares

3/26/12 10:38 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1025 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

SD: In a recent interview you did, you stated that you want to beat Rousimar by submission. Is it safe to assume that you'd like it to be a heel hook?

AB: [laughs] Oh, that would be so cool to get a foot lock or a heel hook or something like that. That'd be great, but you know, I think I'd just be very happy with a win. If I could chose a way to win, definitely, but I don't think I'm going to put myself in that situation, so that's probably not going to happen.

SD: Do you feel that you will be able to capitalize on your size advantage, and have you ever fought anyone as compact as Palhares?

AB: I actually have fought someone like that. Not in the UFC, it was before I got signed. They have their advantages and their weaknesses, just like I do. I feel comfortable though. I'd rather fight someone shorter and stockier than me, than someone taller.

read entire interview...

3/26/12 10:52 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ClearwaterFLMMA
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It would be cool to bang Kate Upton as well,but we all know that is not happening.
3/26/12 10:59 AM
OneGloveJimmerson
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just do what you do best Alan, work your distance and kick him in the face.
3/26/12 11:00 AM
dentalninja
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Belcher, but this ain't gonna happen.
3/26/12 11:09 AM
South Philly D
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He was joking people. Calm down. He flat out said he wouldn't put himself in that position. He knows he'll lose a leg.
3/26/12 11:27 AM
UGCTT_Suess
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

war belcher!
3/26/12 11:31 AM
Leck Brosnar

It would be even more cool to be able to walk after the fight
3/26/12 11:34 AM
Ram Rod
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War Belcher! Gonna ko the tree stump Phone Post
3/26/12 11:56 AM
RJJH
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Palhares by sub.
3/26/12 1:12 PM
UGCTT_Paul_Blanka_Harris

he gona lose a leg
3/26/12 1:18 PM
GrayKickass
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Belcher will derail Paul Harris' hype train.

Belcher rd.2 TKO Phone Post
3/26/12 2:15 PM
Toquinho
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Palhares by [insert random limb] bar/hook Phone Post
3/26/12 2:24 PM
French Fries Malone
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's just trolling, his key to victory will be distance Phone Post
3/26/12 2:35 PM
Hendpwned
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Palhares can be heel hooked like any other fighter except kyle maynard.
3/26/12 2:49 PM
SQUIRREL Master
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WAR BELCHER!! 3RD TKO
3/26/12 3:09 PM
Crooklyn
666 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TapouT Radio, Crooklyn's Corner
steampunk - 
South Philly D - He was joking people. Calm down. He flat out said he wouldn't put himself in that position. He knows he'll lose a leg.

This is what I was thinking, do people even read these things or just comment after they make it all the way through the headline? I also like the fact that Belcher comes off as much more sane and likeable than the average mma competitor. He wasn't shittalking Paul Harris or anything, he was just answering questions honestly without all the pre fight hype bs thrown in. I've always liked Belcher, and this is one of many examples why.

THIS! He was joking, hence the [laughs] at the beginning. He goes  on to say that he won't be putting himself in that position too.

For the record, when I wrote this article, that was NOT the headline. It was changed after I submitted it. 
3/26/12 3:26 PM
Toquinho
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Belcher: would be cool to armbar rousey, to take cormier down, to outstrike overeem, to pin brock lesnar and to front kick andy all in one night :D Phone Post
3/26/12 3:36 PM
Tractor
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

steampunk -
South Philly D - He was joking people. Calm down. He flat out said he wouldn't put himself in that position. He knows he'll lose a leg.

This is what I was thinking, do people even read these things or just comment after they make it all the way through the headline? I also like the fact that Belcher comes off as much more sane and likeable than the average mma competitor. He wasn't shittalking Paul Harris or anything, he was just answering questions honestly without all the pre fight hype bs thrown in. I've always liked Belcher, and this is one of many examples why.
Alan is one of the coolest most interesting people that I have the privilege of knowing.

That being said, Belcher by heel hook! Phone Post
3/26/12 5:15 PM
overEZ

To get into a position to heel hook, Belcher would be susceptible to a heel hook himself...

To go there against Rousimar would take huge balls. I think if Belcher had just lost a fight, he would go for it. He's on his comeback path... there's just too much on the line.
3/27/12 2:22 AM
Jaybrone
330 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

People need to learn how to read past the headline. Good god he said he hopes not to be in the position to go for a heel hook. He knows it would leave him in a bad position with Palhares. Stop being fucking dense and learn to raed the interview before commenting.
3/27/12 5:04 AM
DontBeScaredGomi
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War talent! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.