UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> The Rise & Problems of Zuffa UFC by EatonBeever

3/26/12 10:55 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
EatonBeever
438 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caposa -  I'm sure there's a couple good points in there somewhere, but god damn.

I think you may have finally lost it. Phone Post

and i mentioned your zuffa loyal ass in there you faggot noob. 
3/26/12 11:03 PM
DamnSevern
1209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EatonBeever - 
DamnSevern -  LOL, jeesus you're obsessed with me

I make more threads about non zuffa mma than you and 99% of the rest of the forum.
Let me ask you a question noob - now that Alistair is with UFC, are you going to root for him or stick by your guns and claim he's overrated ???   Do you have a position or just ride the nuts of anyone who's winning and signed with Zuffa ?  Where's your loyality ?

I said I'm hoping he's working on his takedown defense....I questioned his wrestling because his lack of recent  experience against high level wrestlers before fighting brock.

after the fight, I gave props to overeem for defending the takedowns.

I guess I am the devil.

keep spending more time hating on me, zuffa,and  modern mma than actually watching and enjoying any of it.
3/26/12 11:04 PM
EatonBeever
438 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^ Not the devil, just a bandwagoner noob.  Where were you in 2004 ?  IN 2001 ?  In 1998 ?
3/26/12 11:06 PM
EatonBeever

And a LW could have defended those weak takedowns from Brock at UFC 141.  Alistair did not display amazing wrestling defense.  He displayed his (according to you) over rated  k-1 striking.  You are making that up to save face when you've been exposed as a noob / bandwagoner.
3/26/12 11:07 PM
KevinMcAllister
232 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3/26/12 11:12 PM
FingerorMoon
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its like 80% good info and a joke thrown in every now and then to see if anyone is still reading. These were my 2 favorites:

In 2005, Dana, possibly still upset over the Liddell Pride GP loss, was now breaking his commitment to act as an organization to unify all MMA

Web streaming is something that is for the fans who can't afford the UFC

JCoy199
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
caposa
1833 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think you may be the noob. 2010 join date, and a bizarre obsession with trying to prove to everyone how "old school" of a fan you are in EVERY SINGLE post. You certainly fit the bill. You fucking lunatic. I'm sure you will now start trying to prove how long you have been on this forum or something. Guess what? Nobody gives a fuck.

We get it, Eaton Beever doesn't like the modern UFC. Did you really just spends hours of your life writing that shit up to tell us that?
3/26/12 11:15 PM
D241
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eaton Beever had alot of correct in this huge long write up. I read most of it.

Where EB is wrong-

-Edgar/Maynard was NOT boring. It's crazy to call that fight boring, it was one of the most exciting fights I've ever seen.

-Damn Severn is NOT a UFC schill. DS is known for praising and RESPECTING fighters. He(DS) post HL video's all the time and despite ya'lls differences.

-You cannot blame UFC for not signing Fedor when you look at it from a business standpoint. Fedor very well could've cleaned out the UFC's hw division. UFC knows this. Why should UFC risk signing Fedor to a non exclusive contract, have him wipe out their hw division, then go off to another promotion as "the hw who cleaned out the UFC"? The worst case scenario was too risky and as much as I appreciate Fedor, I don't fault UFC. As well, I don't fault Fedor for not signing a contract that would limit his options.

3/26/12 11:15 PM
DMCA18
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It seems to me that the ideal state of MMA for Eaton would be back to obscurity, with UFC and their kin struggling to stay afloat. I am sure it is frustrating to be a 'hardcore' mma fan and feel that the newcomers to the sport just don't understand. In order to take a place among mainstream national/international events, this is just something that will happen.

Take soccer/football. In the US, the sport is mocked/ignored/overlooked...but when the world cup comes around? Jerseys everywhere, sportsbars full on weekday mornings, cheering fans...

Imagine how that feels to the guy who never misses his favorite club match and could tell you every team his favorite players have ever played for.

Do you writhe in agony about the noobs or do you enjoy the opportunity to let your freak flag fly and not have people look at you odd? Personally I am enjoying being at the in-laws house on sunday watching a football game and being able to explain why the fight the UFC is promoting on fox is exciting. New generations of fans are being hooked in and spending money that, one way or another, is providing careers and realistic retirements for fighters.

You have the opportunity to be the wise mma historian who can put together a compelling storyline and a higher level of knowledge with these new fans. Or you can be a dick and hate on people for encroaching on 'your sport.'
3/26/12 11:18 PM
D241

FingerorMoon - 
Its like 80% good info and a joke thrown in every now and then to see if anyone is still reading. These were my 2 favorites:

In 2005, Dana, possibly still upset over the Liddell Pride GP loss, was now breaking his commitment to act as an organization to unify all MMA

Web streaming is something that is for the fans who can't afford the UFC

EB is passionate, that's for sure.

And for me anyways, I was able to see many truths as well as see obvious bias in certain areas-the Dana hate, Edgar hate, point fighting(but some accuracies).

I applaud EB for one, his time into creating a thread, and 2-for discussing the negative aspects of the business. Something that most people don't know about, as well as something that isn't nearly discussed enough of on these boards.
3/26/12 11:20 PM
wiggum
301 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EB - I usually am a fan of your posts. I really enjoyed your history of Pride series and whenever we interact on various threads, I often find you both thoughtful and thought provoking. Your GP tournaments and polls are usually good, too. (Though I should add, you often fail to answer legitimate questions. My question to you on the Fedor thread, for instance, which asks why you took a good Fedor thread and used it to start bashing Anderson).

But, shit, man. You are fucking losing it here. Like, for real.

Damn and Caposa are two of the best posters on this forum. Relax, man.

And seriously, the word faggot is totally unnecessary.
3/26/12 11:22 PM
wiggum
301 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DMCA18 - It seems to me that the ideal state of MMA for Eaton would be back to obscurity, with UFC and their kin struggling to stay afloat. I am sure it is frustrating to be a 'hardcore' mma fan and feel that the newcomers to the sport just don't understand. In order to take a place among mainstream national/international events, this is just something that will happen.

Take soccer/football. In the US, the sport is mocked/ignored/overlooked...but when the world cup comes around? Jerseys everywhere, sportsbars full on weekday mornings, cheering fans...

Imagine how that feels to the guy who never misses his favorite club match and could tell you every team his favorite players have ever played for.

Do you writhe in agony about the noobs or do you enjoy the opportunity to let your freak flag fly and not have people look at you odd? Personally I am enjoying being at the in-laws house on sunday watching a football game and being able to explain why the fight the UFC is promoting on fox is exciting. New generations of fans are being hooked in and spending money that, one way or another, is providing careers and realistic retirements for fighters.

You have the opportunity to be the wise mma historian who can put together a compelling storyline and a higher level of knowledge with these new fans. Or you can be a dick and hate on people for encroaching on 'your sport.'

Great point.

I also like being able to train with a team where people can have legitimate aspirations to make a living as a professional fighter.
3/26/12 11:26 PM
D241

EatonBeever- Are you aware of Joe Silva's match making?  MMA Mania had some great write ups earlier this week that seemed to have gone unnoticed or at least discussed here.

It's hidden in "the breakdown of the _______ division". Read em, good stuff.

Basically Joe Silva RARELY puts a winner vs a loser.

Joe tries to matchmake a fighter coming off 2 wins vs a fighter coming off 2 wins, a fighter coming off 1 win vs a fighter coming off 1 win etc...

And same for losers-A guy who lost his last fight more than likely will face a guy who also just lost a fight. 

At first glance, it looks like a way to "legitimize" a contendor, which in a way it does, but when you look at it with the Eaton Beever anti Zuffa objectivity, it makes sense.

Take for example the part where EB is talking about how UFC doesn't like superstars b/c it means they can be cut and promote somewhere else.

With Joe Silva matching loser vs loser, we can have fighters like Tito or Rampage be cut after losing 3 in a row and sign elsewhere for more money than UFC would be willing to pay (a fighter coming off 3 losses).

This way, say Rampage loses his next fight, signs to Bellator. Then Rampage wins the tournament, and Bellator markets Rampage as the lhw champion. UFC can say, "he is a UFC reject. He used to be good, he couldn't handle it in the big leagues, he lost to JBJ, he lost to Bader, he lost to Shogun, so now he's a big fish in a small pond b/c he can't be a big fish in a big pond".  Nevermind that he's 1 of 5 UFC defending lhw champions. The Unified Pride/UFC Lhw champion.
3/26/12 11:27 PM
MartialArtsMixed
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wow bro, you must have a lot of time on your hand..
3/26/12 11:29 PM
DamnSevern
1209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

did I ever say I'm not a fan of overeem?
whos bandwagon am I on?
did I say overeem was going to beat jds (because im on alistairs bandwagon)

but with you...if I told you I was goign to pick jds, you'd call me a shill, if I pick overeem you will call me a bandwagoner.  

I haven't even commented on who I thought will win.

lol

3/26/12 11:34 PM
caposa
1833 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MartialArtsMixed - wow bro, you must have a lot of time on your hand..
Nah man, just a couple hours at the end of the day at work......

Aka every single spare moment of free time not already being dedicated to ranking shit and making lists of stuff.
3/26/12 11:34 PM
wiggum

DamnSevern - did I ever say I'm not a fan of overeem?
whos bandwagon am I on?
did I say overeem was going to beat jds (because im on alistairs bandwagon)

but with you...if I told you I was goign to pick jds, you'd call me a shill, if I pick overeem you will call me a bandwagoner.  

lol

<br type="_moz" />

I still haven't read the whole thing, but based on what I've seen:

Why the hell wasn't it logical to question how Overeem would do versus a wrestler? The last D1 wrestler he fought was . . . I think Chuck Liddell!
3/26/12 11:43 PM
DamnSevern

and voted down for calling caposa ( a person who has contributed so much to this forum) a ufc shill.

he is as hardcore of a fan as you will find   While people like caposa and I are watching bellator prelims you're thinking of things to blame on zuffa while playing with your dana white voodoo doll.

3/26/12 11:45 PM
slamming

Way to derail your own thread by insulting several forum members.

Have you had too many energy drinks these last few days or something?
3/26/12 11:52 PM
Captain America
323 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That is a MASSIVE wall of text that I will gleefully read later. Thanks Phone Post
3/26/12 11:54 PM
chokeyou

ttt
3/26/12 11:57 PM
FONS

All that wasted time on complaining about UFC is crazy. I could do the same about Rush Limbaugh but just decide not to listen or be a fan of his. Why people hate the UFC and long for Pride is like missing the USFL or XFL and constantly complaing about the NFL. Don't like it don't watch it. Calling people noobs is so lame and talking tough on the internet is even lamer. Why on earth anyone would be on the UG that doen't like the UFC is just plain crazy. MMA has gotten better because of Dana and the brothers. Hate them and knock them down but UFC is what keeps MMA relevant. I mean to complain about event posters or event videos and act like you could do so much better and that some how UFC has ruined a sport so close to your heart is nuts. I am fortunate to be a season ticket holder for MLB and an NHL team. Does the NHL/MLB make me crazy somtimes with the decisions they make as well as the owners of course they do. In the end I love the sport and that is why I pay and go and watch and buy products associated with it. The same goes for the UFC. I have been a fan of fighting before UFC 1 and have been to many events. Some fights suck,some fighters are jerks,etc but I still love the sport and yes some times UFC makes me crazy but I don't own the company and since I love the sport like NHL/MLB/NFL I support it 100% and if I didn't I would move on to something else. Time moves on and there are thousands of things more important that actually hurt people and the world we live in that you could wave your flag at and quite possible change for the better. PS Member date does not equal Knowledge or love of MMA.
3/27/12 12:08 AM
D241

DamnSevern - 

lol

Well then for the reasons you stated, you probably shouldn't!   :P
3/27/12 12:09 AM
Funaki Masakatsu #1
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Words cannot describe how great of a post this is from EatonBeever. This should be ttt'ed every single day. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.