UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> The Rise & Problems of Zuffa UFC by EatonBeever

9/29/13 5:00 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

THERE WAS A GLITCH IN THE MATRiX -
UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman -  The UFC is planning on doing 13 events next year....

In Brazil.

Damn they sure have grown stale and are clearly less and less popular as time goes on. Lol. Phone Post

around the world its getting bigger sure. here in the US, mma peaked with the Brock show!
Yeah no. It is more popular now than it was then.

Trying to look at PPV buys as a show of popularity is foolish. Phone Post
9/29/13 5:28 PM
JStrongMMA
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman -
UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman -  The UFC is planning on doing 13 events next year....

In Brazil.

Damn they sure have grown stale and are clearly less and less popular as time goes on. Lol. Phone Post

around the world its getting bigger sure. here in the US, mma peaked with the Brock show!

What else is there to judge by? Their business is centered around PPV. Phone Post
9/29/13 5:31 PM
fryingarmbar
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JStrongMMA -

In Brazil.

What else is there to judge by? Their business is centered around PPV. Phone Post
Tweets, obviously. Phone Post 3.0
9/29/13 5:44 PM
Bodhidharma

. Phone Post 3.0
9/29/13 7:00 PM
Bingo'ed in Brazil

10ers Phone Post 3.0
9/29/13 7:02 PM

JStrongMMA - 

In Brazil.

Thier business is centered around fights, and revenue from those fights. PPV is only a portion of the revenue. Over the past three to four years it has slid more and more towards FOX/Cable/Network television. Only a portion of the world even has to buy a PPV to see the numbered events. Only the people who want to pretend that the UFC is not growing anymore will ignore the global expansion and try and crib it down to only PPV buys.

9/29/13 7:04 PM
JStrongMMA
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JStrongMMA - 

In Brazil.

Thier business is centered around fights, and revenue from those fights. PPV is only a portion of the revenue. Over the past three to four years it has slid more and more towards FOX/Cable/Network television. Only a portion of the world even has to buy a PPV to see the numbered events. Only the people who want to pretend that the UFC is not growing anymore will ignore the global expansion and try and crib it down to only PPV buys.

I suppose I take PPV into account more than I should being American. I always forget that the rest of the world gets to watch those events for free. Phone Post
9/29/13 7:12 PM
ChrisWeidmanedmydiameter
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DamnSevern -  LOL, jeesus you're obsessed with me

I make more threads about non zuffa mma than you and 99% of the rest of the forum.
No matter what I'll love damnsevern and Eaton. Phone Post
9/29/13 7:27 PM

JStrongMMA - 
JStrongMMA - 

In Brazil.

I suppose I take PPV into account more than I should being American. I always forget that the rest of the world gets to watch those events for free. Phone Post

Yep. Well they pay for the cable and the cable providers and networks pay Zuffa. 

I would bet that less than 50% of thier revenue is PPV. Much less than what most people probably think. 

9/29/13 7:50 PM
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

good read
9/29/13 8:06 PM
Haulport

UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman - 

In Brazil.

LOL!

yeah it's foolish because it defeats your agenda....
9/29/13 8:59 PM

Haulport -

In Brazil.

LOL!

yeah it's foolish because it defeats your agenda....
No its foolish because PPV is not the only revenue stream for the UFC. This is not 2001 genius.

Its especially ignorant when people compare a single event to boxing and ignore that the UFC puts on almost three times as many PPV per year then it did a decade ago. Let us also ignore that FOX deal for Americans, the deals with Brazillian TV as well, and that they now basically have thier own channel that plays UFC stuff every single day for hours.

And I have no "agenda" at all. I hate a lot of things the UFC does. If anything my "agenda" is to lauh at idiots who try and claim the UFC is "growing stale" or people are "losing interest". The UFC is more popular today then it has ever been. Whether we like it or not. Phone Post
9/29/13 9:11 PM
RJJH

In Brazil.

the UFC is not growing just because it keeps goingt o new places. that ust means places it has been wont have them back for having shitty cards & insane tickets prices. they arent growing anything. do you really think places like calgary, vancouver and countless others will get anther UFC? no. and thats why they can do 13 events in brasil, because brasil isnt tired of their game yet. but north america is.

9/29/13 9:13 PM

RJJH -

In Brazil.

the UFC is not growing just because it keeps goingt o new places. that ust means places it has been wont have them back for having shitty cards & insane tickets prices. they arent growing anything. do you really think places like calgary, vancouver and countless others will get anther UFC? no. and thats why they can do 13 events in brasil, because brasil isnt tired of their game yet. but north america is.

Lmao@ "north america is"....

No one can take you seriously and objectively. You cried like a little bitch for months because a bunch of fighters got injured on your card and you paid for tickets.

How are ticket sales for 166,167 and 169?
Hint: the 2000-5000$ vip packages are already sold out for the first two.... Phone Post
9/29/13 9:14 PM

168* not 9 Phone Post
9/29/13 9:15 PM

And you are a fool of you think Calgary or Vancouver would not "have them back".... Phone Post
9/29/13 9:28 PM
ErikMagraken
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RJJH -

In Brazil.

Re: Vancouver, Marc Ratner has already confirmed BC is back on the UFC's radar thanks to Bill 50 and Bill S209

http://canadianmmalawblog.com/2013/05/17/thanks-to-bill-50-bc-is-back-on-the-ufcs-map/ Phone Post 3.0
9/29/13 9:31 PM
bogle1
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For later Phone Post
9/29/13 9:32 PM

Oops^^^^ ;-) Phone Post
9/29/13 9:38 PM
THERE WAS A GLITCH IN THE MATRiX

In Brazil.

who said I was only looking at ppv buys? I'm looking at the fact I live in a HUGE College town and no one gives a fuck anymore. BWW is the only place left to go now and other than a HUGE fight with GSP or Anderson its like no one even knows its on. and you used to not even be able to get in the place for the fights. dont see walmart flooded with tapout mma stuff anymore. Spencers used to have life size cut outs of fighters during the Brock days. the action figs were everywhere, now they are at kmart only or clearance racks. my best buy carries about 4 ufc dvds and used to have an entire shelf dedicated to them. and I never hear anyone new talk about ufc/mma. only the same old guys I know watch it.
9/29/13 9:38 PM
RJJH

Edited: 09/29/13 9:40 PM
ErikMagraken - 
RJJH -

In Brazil.

Re: Vancouver, Marc Ratner has already confirmed BC is back on the UFC's radar thanks to Bill 50 and Bill S209

http://canadianmmalawblog.com/2013/05/17/thanks-to-bill-50-bc-is-back-on-the-ufcs-map/ Phone Post 3.0

trust me, the people wont go. and this "article" is about as good of a definitiion of lip srevice that I an find.

9/29/13 10:40 PM

In Brazil.

who said I was only looking at ppv buys? I'm looking at the fact I live in a HUGE College town and no one gives a fuck anymore. BWW is the only place left to go now and other than a HUGE fight with GSP or Anderson its like no one even knows its on. and you used to not even be able to get in the place for the fights. dont see walmart flooded with tapout mma stuff anymore. Spencers used to have life size cut outs of fighters during the Brock days. the action figs were everywhere, now they are at kmart only or clearance racks. my best buy carries about 4 ufc dvds and used to have an entire shelf dedicated to them. and I never hear anyone new talk about ufc/mma. only the same old guys I know watch it.
Ahhhh so ppv buys + your little college town = the global popularity of the UFC. Gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up. Phone Post
9/29/13 10:44 PM
BigSleep
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EatonBeever - 
DamnSevern -  LOL, jeesus you're obsessed with me

I make more threads about non zuffa mma than you and 99% of the rest of the forum.
Let me ask you a question noob - now that Alistair is with UFC, are you going to root for him or stick by your guns and claim he's overrated ???   Do you have a position or just ride the nuts of anyone who's winning and signed with Zuffa ?  Where's your loyality ?

lol, EB is such an asshole and so wrongheaded it hurts.
9/29/13 10:44 PM
BigSleep
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EatonBeever - 

Let me ask you a question noob - now that Alistair is with UFC, are you going to root for him or stick by your guns and claim he's overrated ???   Do you have a position or just ride the nuts of anyone who's winning and signed with Zuffa ?  Where's your loyality ?

9/29/13 11:05 PM

BigSleep -
EatonBeever - 

Its so funny that so many here ride the nuts of such a douche bag. Damn Severn is one of the best contrbuters to this site and EB is such a petulant child towards anyone who doesnt agree with his opinions. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.