UnderGround Forums

Roy Harris >> Headed to the East Coast...

3/27/12 3:24 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Roy Harris
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

At o'dark thirty this morning, I'll be headed to Middletown, Connecticut to teach a week long Grappling Instructor's Course. I am very excited to teach this course!

Not only will there be a batch of new instructors attending the course, but there will also be a few in attendance who took the course ten years ago. 

Why are they attending the course a second time? 

They are doing so because they know that so much has changed in ten years, and because they know a lot of the new stuff gets disseminated at these courses (e.g. the new mount escapes, the new side mount escapes, the new arm locks and chokes, the new postures and positions, etc…). So, for those who have been paying attention, the apprentice grappling instructor course is the place to be with new developments in the basics of Jiu Jitsu and Grappling. Another reason they are taking the course a second time is they get my full and undivided attention from 9am to 5pm each day! And.....they get to ask all the questions they can think of at the end of each day!

In addition to teaching the instructor course, I will also be teaching one of the JKD classes as well as one of the BJJ classes at Modern Self-Defense. And, on top of all that, I will be giving a blue belt examination, a handful of private lessons, an "easy peasy" black belt examination as well as having dinner with everyone on Saturday evening! 

It's gonna be glorious week :-)

When I get back from CT next week, I'll stay in San Diego for 48 hours before loading up and heading off to Trondheim, Norway to train and hang out with my Norwegian brothers and sisters! While I am there, I'll be teaching a two day BJJ seminar, giving a blue and a purple belt examination, as well as training my instructors for two solid days. This too will be a glorious trip!

Well, I have to get up in 3 hours. So, I guess I better hit the hay.

Good training to you,

Roy Harris

3/27/12 8:56 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
twinkletoesCT
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Modern Self-Defense Center, Head Instructor
 Awwwwww yeahhhhhhhh  :)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.