UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Im the one who fought Kimbo Saturday. READ!

3/27/12 7:36 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Brian Green
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It has been a while since I lost the login to the UG. However I would occasionally check to see what people are talking about on here. . . .

Here's the deal people.

First of all, I would NEVER throw a fight, take a dive, whatever you want to call it. I have been fighting for 9 years now starting as a punk 17 year old kid, evolved into a professional mixed martial artist.

I have fought 9 UFC veterans. Yes, I lost to all except breaking Nik Lentz's arm (thank you for reminding me about the losses) Yes I realize the Lentz fight was several years ago, but my heart won me that fight, and has won me SEVERAL fights since, and before then as well.

Here is where I'm at in my career. After going to Vegas to tryout for TUF, and I wasn't passed through the first cut Dana White said it was probably due to the record (speaking generally to everyone that didn't make the cut) He said don't come up to me and complain about so and so has never fought anybody tough, and has a padded record, GO pad your own record! So that's exactly what I did. I quit fighting the Brock Larson, Rob Kimmons, Rory markham, Nick Thompsons of the sport, and started fighting other regular pro fighters instead of killers. Now I am on a seven fight win streak.

In Springfield Missouri, for a show I have fought for before, I took a huge opportunity (and helped fill in for the promoter) to go make a name for myself by fighting Kimbo Slice. I have sparred with several world class MMA fighters in my day, and I have adapted well through the years to where I can hang with most. Now, I saw an opportunity to fight Kimbo who in my eyes was EXTREMELY over rated. Plus, How many people actually get the opportunity to fight this guy? and in Strictly boxing, where I only have to avoid 2 weapons instead of punches, kicks, knees, elbows, AND takedowns, I figured hey, what the heck, I really think I can last to a decision with this guy.

*** That's the most important thing here. I am on 7 consecutive Wins, and EIGHT Fights ago my last loss, I put a guy in a triangle who slammed me in front of my entire family, friends, supporters, EVERYONE I knew in my hometown. i had been BEGGING for a rematch ever since it happened, and I FINALLY got the opportunity to fight him AGAIN in my hometown. Same place, Same opponent, except this time, it was for my Eighth consecutive win, AND to avenge my last loss which would look GREAT in helping me to achieve my goal of fighting in the UFC alongside my friends Jeremy Stephens, Josh Neer, Tyson Griffin, Rob Kimmons and others who have made it.

So I take this huge opportunity thinking I can make it to a decision by avoiding the big punches. So my fight in April will still be a go, and I can get that last loss avenged, AND to add to it, I make a name for myself by lasting with the big puncher Kimbo. Never did I have in my mind that I could actually WIN it.

I'm a fighter though. I feel I have an opportunity to get a win against ANYONE on any given day in Fighting. And any, and everytime I'm in a fight, I'm 100% giving everything I have to GET THAT WIN.

How much sense does it make for me to take a dive, to get suspended, and lose the chance at getting my re match, a chance to fight this guy I've been DROOLING about getting a second crack at to attempt to destroy this guy, not to mention I could make the most money I've ever made in my hometown as I have already sold several new first time sponsorships with new businesses, as well as having sold a ton of tickets to more supporters I had gained since I last fought that guy.

No amount of money would make me avoid taking a second crack at trying to beat the brakes off this guy who slam ko'd me in front of my grandma, grandpa,(it was their first fight they ever came to!) mom, dad, almost 5k in ticket sales. This was going to be the most financially beneficial fight I had ever had in my hometown. NO WAY would i risk losing this. I knew going into this fight I HAD to make it to a decision.

After I took a few big shots from Kimbo, and did not get hurt from them, my confidence started to build, THEN I got the crowd behind me. Hearing thousands of people chanting my name, I can not explain with words the feeling that made me feel. I was putting my hands up, getting the crowd more into it,and at the same time attempting to get in Kimbos head, as I had been trying to do since the press conference & weigh ins. My adrenaline was pumping, and though I was tired in the second round as I had never trained specifically for a BOXING match, but not completely out of shape as I had been training for my April 13th fight, I continued to feed off the energy of the crowd, and attempt to land the finishing KO shots on Kimbo. I ALMOST DID. Several Times. Watch the WHOLE fight not just the 4th round when we were both Gassed.

As far as the actual Knockout... I know you people who sit on your couch and eat doritos know everything there is to know about fighting, BUT Maybe, Just MAYBE you didn't take into account that the shot that turned out my light switch was actually THREE punches on the button. Not just the uppercut, the first uppercut, then the straight right, and then the final hook/uppercut that finished.

I fight at 185lbs people, going to 170, as I'm on a career best win streak, and i would do best at 170 instead of 185 against other monsters in the MW division. (Not that I couldn't give some of them a tough fight, or beat them, but I would have the most success at WW.

Now put all this into perspective, on top of the fact that I had been eating shots (AND GOT ROCKED PROBABLY SIX TIMES EARLIER IN THE FIGHT) Then, on top of all the wearing down punches, me being tired from throwing on him, and the absorbtion of all this, Before a 260lb Gorilla who has a ton of muscle in his body hitting me three times in a row RIGHT on the button. I dont care if they were arm punches or he got everything into it, either way, on a tired fighter, those can deliver a Knockout.

And another thing I thought about, IF i were to throw this fight, to make Kimbo look good right? HOW does it make him look good that i SMOKED him being 2 weight classes under for the whole fight, until he caught me with the three punch combination.. How does that improve his career?

Regardless, I NEVER would throw a fight. Talk to anyone who knows me, or watch me fight Joe Vedepo on youtube, where my shoulder got dislocated brutally 2 times in the fight, and I pop it back in the socket and continue to fight 3 more rounds cut open, dang near beat to death, but NEVER giving up. I have more heart than many fighters you'll ever see.

Even if I didn't get caught in the last 3 seconds (btw I didn't know the time of the round, because I couldn't hear my corner, or the 10-second warning) I'm sure you people would find SOMETHING to say, saying Kimbo threw the fight against me or something.

Also If I'm going to Dive, I would PROBABLY do it before getting my ORBITAL bone fractured.

Thanks,
BG
3/27/12 7:39 PM
Chill__Owl
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ In case you missed it the first four times.
3/27/12 7:39 PM
Calhoon
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/27/12 7:45 PM
McCorkle disagreesbut my opinion is three shots in a row right on the button to a tired fighter can KO the best of them.
3/27/12 7:40 PM
SpennyBenny
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brian Green - It has been a while since I lost the login to the UG. However I would occasionally check to see what people are talking about on here. . . .

Here's the deal people.

First of all, I would NEVER throw a fight, take a dive, whatever you want to call it. I have been fighting for 9 years now starting as a punk 17 year old kid, evolved into a professional mixed martial artist.

I have fought 9 UFC veterans. Yes, I lost to all except breaking Nik Lentz's arm (thank you for reminding me about the losses) Yes I realize the Lentz fight was several years ago, but my heart won me that fight, and has won me SEVERAL fights since, and before then as well.

Here is where I'm at in my career. After going to Vegas to tryout for TUF, and I wasn't passed through the first cut Dana White said it was probably due to the record (speaking generally to everyone that didn't make the cut) He said don't come up to me and complain about so and so has never fought anybody tough, and has a padded record, GO pad your own record! So that's exactly what I did. I quit fighting the Brock Larson, Rob Kimmons, Rory markham, Nick Thompsons of the sport, and started fighting other regular pro fighters instead of killers. Now I am on a seven fight win streak.

In Springfield Missouri, for a show I have fought for before, I took a huge opportunity (and helped fill in for the promoter) to go make a name for myself by fighting Kimbo Slice. I have sparred with several world class MMA fighters in my day, and I have adapted well through the years to where I can hang with most. Now, I saw an opportunity to fight Kimbo who in my eyes was EXTREMELY over rated. Plus, How many people actually get the opportunity to fight this guy? and in Strictly boxing, where I only have to avoid 2 weapons instead of punches, kicks, knees, elbows, AND takedowns, I figured hey, what the heck, I really think I can last to a decision with this guy.

*** That's the most important thing here. I am on 7 consecutive Wins, and EIGHT Fights ago my last loss, I put a guy in a triangle who slammed me in front of my entire family, friends, supporters, EVERYONE I knew in my hometown. i had been BEGGING for a rematch ever since it happened, and I FINALLY got the opportunity to fight him AGAIN in my hometown. Same place, Same opponent, except this time, it was for my Eighth consecutive win, AND to avenge my last loss which would look GREAT in helping me to achieve my goal of fighting in the UFC alongside my friends Jeremy Stephens, Josh Neer, Tyson Griffin, Rob Kimmons and others who have made it.

So I take this huge opportunity thinking I can make it to a decision by avoiding the big punches. So my fight in April will still be a go, and I can get that last loss avenged, AND to add to it, I make a name for myself by lasting with the big puncher Kimbo. Never did I have in my mind that I could actually WIN it.

I'm a fighter though. I feel I have an opportunity to get a win against ANYONE on any given day in Fighting. And any, and everytime I'm in a fight, I'm 100% giving everything I have to GET THAT WIN.

How much sense does it make for me to take a dive, to get suspended, and lose the chance at getting my re match, a chance to fight this guy I've been DROOLING about getting a second crack at to attempt to destroy this guy, not to mention I could make the most money I've ever made in my hometown as I have already sold several new first time sponsorships with new businesses, as well as having sold a ton of tickets to more supporters I had gained since I last fought that guy.

No amount of money would make me avoid taking a second crack at trying to beat the brakes off this guy who slam ko'd me in front of my grandma, grandpa,(it was their first fight they ever came to!) mom, dad, almost 5k in ticket sales. This was going to be the most financially beneficial fight I had ever had in my hometown. NO WAY would i risk losing this. I knew going into this fight I HAD to make it to a decision.

After I took a few big shots from Kimbo, and did not get hurt from them, my confidence started to build, THEN I got the crowd behind me. Hearing thousands of people chanting my name, I can not explain with words the feeling that made me feel. I was putting my hands up, getting the crowd more into it,and at the same time attempting to get in Kimbos head, as I had been trying to do since the press conference & weigh ins. My adrenaline was pumping, and though I was tired in the second round as I had never trained specifically for a BOXING match, but not completely out of shape as I had been training for my April 13th fight, I continued to feed off the energy of the crowd, and attempt to land the finishing KO shots on Kimbo. I ALMOST DID. Several Times. Watch the WHOLE fight not just the 4th round when we were both Gassed.

As far as the actual Knockout... I know you people who sit on your couch and eat doritos know everything there is to know about fighting, BUT Maybe, Just MAYBE you didn't take into account that the shot that turned out my light switch was actually THREE punches on the button. Not just the uppercut, the first uppercut, then the straight right, and then the final hook/uppercut that finished.

I fight at 185lbs people, going to 170, as I'm on a career best win streak, and i would do best at 170 instead of 185 against other monsters in the MW division. (Not that I couldn't give some of them a tough fight, or beat them, but I would have the most success at WW.

Now put all this into perspective, on top of the fact that I had been eating shots (AND GOT ROCKED PROBABLY SIX TIMES EARLIER IN THE FIGHT) Then, on top of all the wearing down punches, me being tired from throwing on him, and the absorbtion of all this, Before a 260lb Gorilla who has a ton of muscle in his body hitting me three times in a row RIGHT on the button. I dont care if they were arm punches or he got everything into it, either way, on a tired fighter, those can deliver a Knockout.

And another thing I thought about, IF i were to throw this fight, to make Kimbo look good right? HOW does it make him look good that i SMOKED him being 2 weight classes under for the whole fight, until he caught me with the three punch combination.. How does that improve his career?

Regardless, I NEVER would throw a fight. Talk to anyone who knows me, or watch me fight Joe Vedepo on youtube, where my shoulder got dislocated brutally 2 times in the fight, and I pop it back in the socket and continue to fight 3 more rounds cut open, dang near beat to death, but NEVER giving up. I have more heart than many fighters you'll ever see.

Even if I didn't get caught in the last 3 seconds (btw I didn't know the time of the round, because I couldn't hear my corner, or the 10-second warning) I'm sure you people would find SOMETHING to say, saying Kimbo threw the fight against me or something.

Also If I'm going to Dive, I would PROBABLY do it before getting my ORBITAL bone fractured.

Thanks,
BG
. Phone Post
3/27/12 7:40 PM
Samoa
238 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for coming on here and giving your side of the story.  I see one sentence in your post however, that will (hopefully not) most likely get most of the attention.

Big ups to fighters who go out there and put it on the line.  Respect BG.

3/27/12 7:41 PM
Brian Green
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTlb5StG0D8&feature=share

Video of an Interview talking about this.

Please consider these things and QUIT HATING ON ME. I fought my HEART out with this.

I Sure WISH I got paid extra for all the crap I'm seeing people writing about me. Consider the facts people PLEASE!
3/27/12 7:42 PM
Firemansam

So. Much. Text.

Didn't read lol Phone Post
3/27/12 7:43 PM
TheDecider

FYI, You may want to post that again just to make sure people read it.
3/27/12 7:44 PM
ChemdogChronic
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow FRAT
3/27/12 7:45 PM
Rafael135
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Firemansam - So. Much. Text.

Didn't read lol Phone Post
. Phone Post
3/27/12 7:46 PM
KONY 2012

"As far as the actual Knockout... I know you people who sit on your couch and eat doritos know everything there is to know about fighting, BUT Maybe, Just MAYBE you didn't take into account that the shot that turned out my light switch was actually THREE punches on the button. Not just the uppercut, the first uppercut, then the straight right, and then the final hook/uppercut that finished."

You said it! This forum has so many know it alls.
3/27/12 7:47 PM
Brian Green

Just Put yourself in my shoes. Having people write horrible things about you after the most disappointing turn of events in a fighters career.. Those of you who want to know the truth can take the time to read it. For others, I'm sure you will continue to hate whether you read it or not.

Thanks to those who are taking in account of my side of this garbage people are saying about me.
3/27/12 7:48 PM
the people's cecil
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hi Brian......oh wait its actually him.

Well in that case.....Hi Brian!
itswhitty
482 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll believe you. Seeing just the knockout makes it look very suspect -- if you'd gone down from that in the first round you could probably see why so many people had doubts. You didn't, though. From the looks of it, you weren't too far from collapsing all on your own just from the exhaustion.

Beside, I'm inclined to say that if you wanted to throw a fight waiting until the last second is risky, especially since the decision would have gone your way. You would have no guarantee that Kimbo was even going to take a shot in the last three seconds, and thus you wouldn't have been able to go down if you'd wanted to. That's not proof, of course, but it DOES seem like a pretty bad way to throw a fight. It's one thing to wait until the last round and then go down at the first flush hit, but banking on him hitting you with something even semi-believable in the last three seconds just doesn't seem like the way anyone would do it.
Losmeister
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for giving your side Brian Green.
3/27/12 7:49 PM
GeoDim
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

damn, a lot of haters on here
3/27/12 7:50 PM
blupitt
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

U can't lie it looks bad but so have all kimbos boxing wins, this one jut happened to happen n the last 3 sec I hope u didn't throw it but u can't blame ppl for being sceptical, either kimbo is the best thing since young mike Tyson or something fishy is goin on Phone Post
3/27/12 7:52 PM
Leghound
219 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You'd rather fight Kimbo boxing only as opposed to full MMA rules? Really?
3/27/12 7:56 PM
AttentionDeficitDizzle
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/28/12 12:02 PM
 Brian, don't sweat it, guys are here are gonna be dicks to you regardless of how well you explain it, whether you are making sense or not.  Tim Hague dealt with the same thing on here, so did McCorkle, who ironically is putting you in the same situation.

Best to just refocus on the future.  A loss to Kimbo is just an experience, move forward.  You can come back and train harder and fight someone better and win.  No sense in fixating on what you can't change in the past.  Look ahead.  Be productive.

It takes some stones to be a pro fighter.  Most of these shit talkers could never do what you do, and whether they admit it or not I am sure they envy that you could man up like that.

Thanks for the thread Brian, keep your head up.

scrapdo
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brian Green - It has been a while since I lost the login to the UG. However I would occasionally check to see what people are talking about on here. . . .

Here's the deal people.

Thanks,
BG
There's no reason to disrespect you or disbelieve you.  It's just the internet train off the tracks, Brian, try your best to ignore it.  Knockout looked legit and you certainly sond legit.  Good luck in the future, you fought a hell of a fight and came up just short and I hope to see you on big stages soon!

Carne de cavalo é o melhor
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for giving your side dude.

Till Mcoracle... Phone Post
rjbo71

Much respect Brian. You have been in the game long enough to know there are always fat armchair quarterbacks - shake that shit off. You put it on the line and that in and of itself is worthy of much respect.

3/27/12 7:58 PM
scrapdo
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ongrats on the wife.  She's spectacular, I couldn't care less if she can act.

3/27/12 7:58 PM
Brian Green

I have watched everything. And I can totally see how people speculate that it was thrown. But seriously... I would NEVER. I have too much pride, AND I WAS WINNING.

How much good would it have done to my career if I beat Kimbo in HIS GAME on three days notice?!?!?!? I'm trying to make it to the UFC man. Not get suspended for 60 days, AND miss out on my opportunity at getting an eighth straight WIN in MMA!!!!!!

I really appreciate you guys taking things into account of what happened here. I watched the videos, and even though I do not remember those things happening, I see how it looks suspicious. I dont remember anything from the end of the fight, until I left the arena... Leaving the arena was the first thing I can remember and that was 2 hours after the fight...

I called my grandma right after the fight (as I do with all my fights) and then my corners tell me the next day that I called her 3 or 4 times from 3 or 4 peoples' different phones, and each time I called her, I thought it was the first time. I was seriously concussed. And if you don't buy it, then I got nothing else to say to you... The people who understand reality, will understand the truth. If not, I could care less because you are too ignorant to realize the truth.

Thanks for those of you who understand all this.

It's depressing enough to lose at ANYTHING, especially win I was WINNING up until that point.

I said in my pre fight interview that Speed Kills, and it ALMOST did. on a few different occasions
3/27/12 7:59 PM
Malvert the Janitor
850 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brian Green - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTlb5StG0D8&feature=share

Video of an Interview talking about this.

Please consider these things and QUIT HATING ON ME. I fought my HEART out with this.

I Sure WISH I got paid extra for all the crap I'm seeing people writing about me. Consider the facts people PLEASE!

Dont sweat it, man. Sean McCorkle trolls anything that could bring even the slightest bit of attention his way. Can't wait to see the guy Morecraft'd again.....

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.