UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DFW-Nelson would be a force at 205, can't make 250

3/28/12 12:19 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1027 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"I don't know how that guy makes 205," said UFC President Dana White. "He has enough trouble getting down to 250.

"I would be shocked ... or maybe he just shaves and gets down to 205 ... I don't know how he's gonna do it.

"I'm done with it. I've encouraged him to shave his face and cut his hair, too, but he doesn't wanna to listen to that either, so ... whatever.

"I like him. He's a tough guy with a ton of heart. He goes in there and give it his everthing. My thing I've always said to him, I'd like to see you take this thing serious and try to rip off some weight. When you've got a chin like that, and a heart like that ... and he can really knock people out, too.

"If he really could get to 205, he'd be a force at 205. He'd be a scary dude. He's got great wrestling, awesome submissions, great chin, a ton of heart, and has knockout power.

"I mean, who knows what Roy Nelson could really achieve if he applied himself ... You've got to want to do it. You've got to want to get in there and take it serious. Seriously diet, seriously train, and then you're going to have to cut some weight the day of the fight.

"As long as I've known Roy Nelson, as long as he's been in this business, he's been big. And it's not like when you get these guys that fight at 185 and they wrestled their entire high school and maybe college careers and they're used to cutting weight. They know what it takes.

"I don't think that's gonna be easy for a guy who's been big his whole life like he has."

3/28/12 12:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Gokudamus stole my name
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I'm done with it. I've encouraged him to shave his face and cut his hair, too, but he doesn't wanna to listen to that either, so ... whatever."

Queer eye for the UFC guy
3/28/12 12:56 PM
r_o_y
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

you know a few athletes have been on the biggest loser recently. nelson has a good personality. he can go on there lose some weight and it would bring mma to another audience at the same time.
3/28/12 1:07 PM
undisputed1972

I think Roy could make a huge impact on the 205 division, just like Brandon Vera ;)

What's with the beard criticism though? Does Dana want to promote the man or fuck him?
3/28/12 1:21 PM
NJstileNJ
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

r_o_y - you know a few athletes have been on the biggest loser recently. nelson has a good personality. he can go on there lose some weight and it would bring mma to another audience at the same time.

Could you imagine what Biggest Loser noobs would be like
3/28/12 2:49 PM
Bobby Lupo
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't think of a single guy at 205 who I would favor Nelson over.
3/28/12 3:25 PM
dannyglover
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bobby Lupo -  I can't think of a single guy at 205 who I would favor Nelson over.

Kyle Kingsbury.
3/28/12 3:26 PM
dueri7
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who is the girl walking away at 5:53?
3/28/12 3:43 PM
kostello

Dana seems to hate hair because he doesn't have any anymore.

3/28/12 3:47 PM
Bobby Lupo
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dannyglover - 
Bobby Lupo -  I can't think of a single guy at 205 who I would favor Nelson over.

Kyle Kingsbury.
Good one. He isn't going to KO Roy and Roy wins all skill battles.

3/28/12 4:19 PM
I No Kung Foo
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He wouldn't be much of a "Moon" at 205
3/28/12 4:30 PM
Dingleberry Flopdoink The 3rd
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would like to see a lot of what he eats each day. Phone Post
3/28/12 4:58 PM
FedorEmilioEstevez
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did he get the 100k likes on Facebook? Phone Post
3/28/12 5:08 PM
ButterBobby
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What's with the anti-beard? Queer eye indeed. Phone Post
3/28/12 5:12 PM
UGCTT_Jay Edz
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kanodogg2 - And by Ian freeman I mean Ian McCall Phone Post
How dare you! Phone Post
3/28/12 5:35 PM
pariah360

I think that was Megan Olivi's backside at 5:53.
3/28/12 5:45 PM
Fedors Jim Jams

maybe he means all that hair is extra weight? how much would that be... like a pound or two at most?
3/28/12 5:45 PM
KONY 2012

Who the fuck does he think he is? This cunt Dana White is probably going to fire Roy Nelson if he doesn't shave his beard. Dude is a mega creeper, women beating cheese ball. Keep snorting lines of coke befor interviews while licking your lips and sniffing erratically.
3/28/12 5:59 PM
Haulport

Gokudamus stole my name - "I'm done with it. I've encouraged him to shave his face and cut his hair, too, but he doesn't wanna to listen to that either, so ... whatever."

Dana is such a fucking sickening piece of shit.

Point Blank: Roy is awesome but would have the EXACT same problems with guys like Hendo, Shogun, Rashad, Jon Jones, etc. as he does with the Top Ten HWs.

This cut to 205 and you'll be a force is FUCKING NONSENSE.................

3/28/12 6:19 PM
Kings21
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IMO Nelson loses to all the top 10 at LHW. His striking is not so good aside from being able to take punishment. Yea his JJ is good but the only time ive really seen him use it in fights is when hes using his weight to his advantage...and he does it well.

I just dont think Nelson has it in him to be a contender at either division.
3/28/12 6:21 PM
ds1970
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why does hair length and facial hair matter so much to dana. This isn't the military.
3/28/12 6:32 PM
Kings21
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ds1970 - Why does hair length and facial hair matter so much to dana. This isn't the military.

Jealousy is the only logical answer to that. He cant grow any on his head and he probably doesnt have a thick beard so it looks funny.
3/28/12 7:04 PM
swany

bottom line is. roy would be in the same position at lh....better than the worst but a punching bag for the best
3/28/12 7:10 PM
Bobby Lupo

I agree about the beard. Gotta make MMA look classy. Announcers should wear tuxedos and fighters should look smart.
12/16/12 11:18 PM
GC111

Haulport - 
Gokudamus stole my name - "I'm done with it. I've encouraged him to shave his face and cut his hair, too, but he doesn't wanna to listen to that either, so ... whatever."

Dana is such a fucking sickening piece of shit.

Point Blank: Roy is awesome but would have the EXACT same problems with guys like Hendo, Shogun, Rashad, Jon Jones, etc. as he does with the Top Ten HWs.

This cut to 205 and you'll be a force is FUCKING NONSENSE.................

Dana White wants Roy Nelson to fail. He's just cajoling Nelson into fighting at 205 where he'd get raped by Jon Jones, Hendo, etc

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.