UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Why NSAC woman's questions were not racist

3/28/12 6:06 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
john joe
401 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/28/12 6:07 PM
Fighters Only, web monkey

lets all go and read the transcript here before going off about racism and this and that

it wasnt racist; the woman is one of the top trial attorneys in Nevada. She is a top-end lawyer. She was simply shutting down every possible avenue of excuse prior to nailing Lawal for the failed sted test and false disclosures on the pre-fight medical form.

PL - Pat Lundvall
ML - Mo Lawal
Kogan - Mike Kogan, lawals manager

PL: What were you taking after you had seen the doctor?

ML: Orthovisc, which is some injections the doctor gave me, some anti-inflammatories…

PL: You filled out a pre-fight medical questionnaire before your fight in January did you not?

ML: Yes I did

PL: There are a couple of questions on that pre-fught questionnaire that ask you what kind of prescribed medications you were taking, do you recall that?

ML: Yes I do.

PL: You ticked ‘nothing’

ML: Well... I ticked nothing because I was there by myself, my manager wasn’t there. My manager had the whole list of everything [I was using] and he came late. So I didn’t know everything that was actually injected into my knee by my doctor.

PL: But you knew you were taking something though, right?

ML: Er.. Yes, correct.

PL: Alright. You also said you were taking some stuff over the counter at that point in time, correct?

ML: Uh, I don’t know… I only know what I put on the questionnaire…

Kogan, interjecting: - we didn’t put anything on the questionnaire - I was the one who filled out the questionnaire, I apologise. Orthovisc that he was taking was a lubricant that was administered into his knee, er…

PL: There’s no apologising for falsifying required information on the medical questionnaire. Mr Lawal, my question to you is that you signed this medical questionnaire after it was filled out did you not?

ML: I did, I did

PL: Can you understand English?

ML: Yes.

PL: Can you read English?

ML: Uh-huh.

PL: Then you knew that by signing it that the information on this medical questionnaire is supposed to be true and correct, right?

ML: Er, yes.

rest at:

http://www.fightersonlymag.com/content/news/15904-opinion-king-mos-allegations-of-racism-are-severely-misguided 
3/28/12 6:12 PM
kid chaos
221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alot of racism brought up recently. Getting boring to be honest
3/28/12 6:18 PM
Hikikomori
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fuck that condescending bitch.

Mo never stood a chance under Zuffa because hes too outspoken.

He called the ref out on her bullshit.
Got popped for Roids.
And now cut from the UFC.
3/28/12 6:19 PM
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL at any idiot thinking that was racist.

Love to see someone explain how that was racist, asking him if he understands what he read and signed on a form isnt racist.
3/28/12 6:20 PM
john joe
401 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hikikomori - fuck that condescending bitch.

its not condescending, its standard cross examination technique from a decent lawyer. He would actually have been better off pretending he had trouble reading or something, then she wouldnt have nailed him like she did
3/28/12 6:30 PM
Malvert the Janitor
1082 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

john joe -

its not condescending, its standard cross examination technique from a decent lawyer. He would actually have been better off pretending he had trouble reading or something, then she wouldnt have nailed him like she did
The remark was condescending, common practice or not. Mo is off base, in my opinion, in feeling the condescension was racially motivated.

Asking a man if he understands English while interacting with him in that very language is condescending and cunty. It's not racism. Phone Post
3/28/12 6:36 PM
Chris27

superCalo - No offenseive meant John Joe but as far as I can determine you are not a young urban muslim black male, my apologies if my assumption is incorrect.

However assuming that I am correct how can you possibly say its not racist when you have not stood in King Mohummadeds shoes being belittled, treated like a non educated gorilla, it being assumed you are stupid and a crimminal ?

Only a black man can do this and every one of them who are not slaves to the white man would agree the comments are racist.

Its a legal/lawyer question.

Its not racist at all.

and just cause you are speaking with that person doesnt mean that person can read bro.

3/28/12 6:37 PM
Broady
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

superCalo - No offenseive meant John Joe but as far as I can determine you are not a young urban muslim black male, my apologies if my assumption is incorrect.

However assuming that I am correct how can you possibly say its not racist when you have not stood in King Mohummadeds shoes being belittled, treated like a non educated gorilla, it being assumed you are stupid and a crimminal ?

Only a black man can do this and every one of them who are not slaves to the white man would agree the comments are racist.
Calo knows the truth. Phone Post
3/28/12 6:39 PM
wutlol

I like Mo but that's pure race card 101 BS. The same would have been said to anyone who blatantly didn't read or fill out a form correctly, regardless of race. Still feel for the king, but damn, he's been doing nothing but shooting himself in the foot since the Larkin fight Phone Post
3/29/12 3:51 AM
john joe

Edited: 03/29/12 3:51 AM
superCalo - No offenseive meant John Joe but as far as I can determine you are not a young urban muslim black male, my apologies if my assumption is incorrect.

3/29/12 4:08 AM
Humphrey

Malvert the Janitor - 
john joe -

The remark was condescending, common practice or not. Mo is off base, in my opinion, in feeling the condescension was racially motivated.

Asking a man if he understands English while interacting with him in that very language is condescending and cunty. It's not racism. Phone Post

yeah it's nothing like insulting the intelligence of everyone on the commission with his really stupid answers.

Sure it was condescending, and it should have been. he deserved a lot worse.
3/29/12 4:15 AM
KevinMcAllister
232 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/29/12 4:15 AM
 Mo says he filled out the questionnaire when his manager wasn't there.

Kogan then says he filled out the questionnaire.

Makes sense. 
3/29/12 4:26 AM
Fight! UK Online
233 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Condescending? Yes, probably. Racist? Not at all.
3/29/12 4:34 AM
Dr Violence
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

not only is it racist, but it's also racist to say it's not racist.

FREE KING MO!

FREE KING MO LAWAL!
3/29/12 4:48 AM
Masakatsu Funaki
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KevinMcAllister -  Mo says he filled out the questionnaire when his manager wasn't there.

Kogan then says he filled out the questionnaire.

Makes sense. 
Hmmm....good point.

And as it was mentioned earlier, this is standard cross-examination. You see it in court any time there's potential that a person knowingly falsified documents.

Embarrassing and sad that Lawal continues to point the finger at everyone but himself in so many areas of life. Phone Post
3/29/12 4:50 AM
Masakatsu Funaki
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Btw, thanks for the transcript, Jon joe. Phone Post
3/29/12 4:57 AM
john joe

Masakatsu Funaki - Btw, thanks for the transcript, Jon joe. Phone Post

no worries, i hope i didnt mishear anything coz of my british ears. Good job i didnt accidentally type 'TRT' instead of 'questionnaire' or something eh
3/29/12 5:11 AM
Standup29
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just had my girl read the transcripts without any previous knowledge of what happened before, during or after this hearing and she said that she didn't find any of it racist. She is black (not African American since she is not from Africa nor is she American. She is from Curacao.)

After getting her thoughts on the transcripts only, I showed her who King Mo is and gave her details on what brought all this on and she feels he was pretty out of line with his twitter comments. Childish and unprofessional also came to mind.

I like King Mo a lot and am still a fan but he shot himself in the foot on this one. I feel for the guy and am confident had the complications from his staph infection not happened he more than likely wouldn't have reacted the way he did.

Hang in the Mo, get healthy and keep doing your thing! Phone Post
3/29/12 5:35 AM
ajsr
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The manner in which commission members speak to fighters in general is appalling.
3/29/12 6:40 AM
Sakurabaman
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You blokes cant be serious, right?

Who cares if you think the tone was condescending, bottom line is that she was trying to dismiss any stupid excuse that Mo was trying to make about why he incorrectly filled out the form. Plain and simple if he read and understood the form, which is what she was confirming, then it means he clearly lied.

You guys are like sheep, I guarantee Mo regrets what he said but all you nut huggers take it as gospel without a second thought. People are saying shit like 'its too harsh to take away someones livelihood,' are you guys serious? If he didnt fuck up then he'd still have a job.

Hopefully Mo realises his error, apologises, shakes himself off and asks for his job back.
3/29/12 6:51 AM
MartialArtsMixed
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

she asked those questions in a very condesending way, expecially for a black dude that grew up in the soufh. Mo is college edumacated, he shouldn't have let that bitch git to him like that.
3/29/12 7:44 AM
ArthurKnoqOut
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wutlol -  I like Mo but that's pure race card 101 BS. The same would have been said to anyone who blatantly didn't read or fill out a form correctly, regardless of race. Still feel for the king, but damn, he's been doing nothing but shooting himself in the foot since the Larkin fight Phone Post

For those of you thinking it's in ANY way condescending have NEVER been near a lawyer or a judge or a courtroom for that matter...She's basically pwn'ing him because he LIED on the forms and then was trying to weasel his way around it ;-) 
3/29/12 7:47 AM
song2
935 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not racist at all, she was making it crystal clear that he understood what he was doing when he lied on his questionnaire, just like he lied in court about fillin it it/ lawyer filling it in.

Grow up pussies get off mo's nuts. He cheated, got caught, lied about it and went waaaaaaaaaa racism Phone Post
3/29/12 8:00 AM
James Funaro
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Malvert the Janitor - [>Asking a man if he understands English while interacting with him in that very language is condescending and cunty. It's not racism. Phone Post

No, its proving your point, he signed something he knew to be false. thats stupid
3/29/12 8:01 AM
song2
935 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And thanks go posting John joe I was curious about what was said Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.