UnderGround Forums

Pro Wrestling Ground >> Nigel McGuinness Making Documentary

3/29/12 9:23 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
grizz632
485 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nigel McGuinness is raising funds on Kickstarter to make a documentary out of footage he filmed on his retirement tour last year.  He reached his $30,000 goal in only 3 days, which is pretty incredible when you think about it.  He's put some videos of the raw footage up as trailers on the Kickstarter page and it looks like it could become a spectacular documentary.  I made a pledge to back the project, and I'd urge anyone else who can to do the same. 

Even if you can't pledge money, just check out the trailers on the Kickstarter page, really awesome stuff

www.kickstarter.com/projects/307482471/the-last-of-mcguinness
3/29/12 9:31 PM
fryabusa
198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Before he went to TNA wasn't he signed with WWE but failed a physical or something?  Imagine if him, Punk, and Bryan were all there together, crazy.
3/29/12 9:52 PM
grizz632
485 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yep, he was signed at the same time as Danielson was, Dragon passed his physical and Nigel didn't
3/29/12 10:33 PM
SeeEsDub
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What's wrong with him again? Phone Post
3/29/12 11:28 PM
grizz632

He never said officially. That's one of the things I'm hoping comes out in the documentary
4/2/12 5:56 AM
Sergio88
483 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I heard it was hepitatis C!!!!! Phone Post
4/2/12 10:55 AM
grizz632

That was one rumor, but that was never confirmed. If it was hep c I'd doubt he would have done the farewell tour though. If you're retiring because you could infect someone during a match then you wouldn't schedule a series of matches Phone Post
11/28/12 11:29 PM
grizz632

So the documentary is done and the donors got to watch it online today before it's released.  I just finished it and I've got to say it was a fantastic documentary.  He doesn't hold anything back and it really feels like it was less of a retirement tour and more of a journey of self-discovery as he's trying to make sense of his legacy in the business.  

Really highly recommended to any wrestling fan, regardless of whether they are fans of Nigel or not.  The DVD is going to be released in a few weeks and are up for pre-sale on Nigel's site.  This one is worth the buy, so support it

http://www.nigelwrestling.com/merchandise.htm

11/29/12 5:37 AM
Radio Raheem
1324 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Totally buying this Phone Post
11/29/12 11:09 AM
PepeJuarez
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not going to ask for specifics, but does he address the condition that caused him to retire? Phone Post
11/29/12 12:42 PM
roninthebox
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PepeJuarez - Not going to ask for specifics, but does he address the condition that caused him to retire? Phone Post
This. Phone Post
11/29/12 12:59 PM
grizz632

Yes he does, in detail. I'm not going to go into specifics either, but I will say that if everything went down as he described with both WWE and TNA then he got screwed royally and as a result we've now been cheated out of seeing him perform ever again Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.