UnderGround Forums

JKD UnderGround >> Hey Demi?

3/30/12 9:37 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Paul Hopkins
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.posts&forum=2&thread=1885051&page=1&pc=120
4/1/12 10:29 AM
Demitrius Barbito
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fun!!!
4/1/12 8:14 PM
Paul Hopkins
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

been practicing the economy picking technique and others at shred academy. very jkd imo
4/5/12 8:33 PM
Paul Hopkins

Identify what you really want. Ignore your weaknesses and cultivate your strengths. The only thing holding you back is the way you are thinking... it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

Imagine yourself performing the movement perfectly, with confidence. Pick a time to practice where you can focus.

Whenever you get discourage go back to that place of excitement and you can see yourself doing it.

Now you gotta put the work in. But there is no work. Because it's all a joy.

JKD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fle4QNtSiRs&feature=relmfu
4/6/12 7:32 PM
Demitrius Barbito
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Touche...

I'm trippin on this recently (thanks to the brainwashing skills of my 12 year old daughter)...
4/8/12 10:05 AM
Paul Hopkins

If life ain't just a joke then why am I laughing? If life ain't just a joke then why am I dead?

That is, or should be, the Easter Anthem!

Your daughter's cover was good btw. Was she playing a godin?

Shred academy is an excellent resource. 2 minutes of study there is fodder for countless hours thinking and practicing on the tips.

It's all very jkd

4/8/12 10:36 AM
Demitrius Barbito

"""Your daughter's cover was good btw. Was she playing a godin?"""

Thanks Paul. That was an LTD.

Shred academy (and it's kind) are great resources. When I was learning to play we had nothing like it...
4/14/12 7:18 PM
JRockwell
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice tip on the Shred Academy, just subscribed! Phone Post
7/6/12 6:23 PM
Demitrius Barbito

This is for Paul (and any other guitar guys)...

I just finished this for Eastwood guitars in Canada.

7/6/12 10:49 PM
Paul Hopkins

What's it called when you watch Demi play and your fingers start to bleed?

Shredmata!

When I lived in Texas we called music like that, "Good shit, Maynard".

7/7/12 12:29 PM
Demitrius Barbito

Shredmata is hilarious...!!!

THAT is "Good shit, Maynard".
7/9/12 8:29 PM
Demitrius Barbito

I told a friend about Shredmata today. He almost collapsed from laughter...
7/14/12 7:00 AM
WidespreadPanic
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Paul Hopkins - Identify what you really want. Ignore your weaknesses and cultivate your strengths. The only thing holding you back is the way you are thinking... it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.
 I do the inverse. Since I'm good at my strengths, I try to make things strong that are weak in the average person.

In contesting, I have a very good base endurance. So when my opponent is tired, I'm fresh and can think clearly, even if I'm not as good technically.

So the Yin and Yang. Look at the inverse of any 'principle', see if there's value there.

7/23/12 6:52 PM
Demitrius Barbito

For Paul:

I just found out that Eastwood Guitars no longer goes to NAMM shows. I was hoping for a spot at a NAMM booth after all these video clips.

All good tho. They give me a lot of exposure on their site and thru their email list.

Still hoping to work with them into the near future...

12/20/12 7:39 AM
Paul Hopkins

I want to attend one of these camps before I die.

http://www.vixcamps.com/

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.