UnderGround Forums

BookGround >> ASOIAF-Question about Stannis/Melisandre-Spoilers

4/1/12 11:41 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Salt the Snail
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ok I've just Finished A Clash of Kings and I have a question about the Stannis/Melisandre relationship. Now this is purely speculation, but is Stannis sleeping with the Red Priestess? We all know the Stannis character: dutiful, stubborn, hard, major chip on the shoulder, uncompromising.

It's clear that he doesn't love his wife, and that it was a political marriage. I just don't believe that Stannis would change his religion because his wife followed the Red Priestess. The Red Priestess is also hard to read into why she would help Stannis. It's never really hinted at in the book, but I'm keeping an open mind and wondering if they are fucking.

So Book fans what are your opinions/feeling on this? Does anyone else think this could be a real possibility?
4/12/12 1:52 AM
Salt the Snail
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OK well you can all go to hell because episode 2 answered my question. Did not see that coming.
4/18/12 7:15 PM
dizz
569 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just coming from the book, when I was reading I believed that he slept with her in order to create the shadow that she births

I don't remember why, just that was the feeling I got....he'd fuck her, she'd birth the shadow to kill
5/21/12 11:01 AM
Sublime7SD
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As far as I can recall, it's only rumored or hinted at in the books at that point. I won't spoil anything from later books, but as of ACoK, you aren't told outright that they have slept together. The show obviously changes that.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.