UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Coleman's daughter recalls Fedor night fondly

4/2/12 1:20 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1072 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Mark "The Hammer" Coleman received a lot of fan heat when he brought his daughters into the ring after his second loss to Fedor Emelianenko. But in an interview with HDNet Fights, Coleman and his daughter Morgan detail a moment not captured in a shampshot.

“It was a tough night," Coleman said. "Because I took a lot of criticism from a lot of fans and a lot of professionals claiming that I traumatized my daughters. And at the time, being a dad, it was the most important thing to me. I just remember very clearly…I don’t mind losing, I just don’t wanna hurt my kids."

"It was honestly the time of my life," said Morgan. " 'Cause it was so fun out there. So I don't regret that at all."

The former UFC heavyweight Champion and Pride Open Weight Grand Prix champion also recalls the sports earliest days. “I’ll be honest with you. It’s easier to win the belt than to keep the belt," Coleman said of becoming the first UFC heavyweight champion. "Nothing against Mo Smith but if I would’ve prepared properly I think I would’ve destroyed him. But I didn’t because I didn’t prepare properly, he did, and what a humbling, humbling, humbling experience.”

Is there anyone the not retired Coleman still wants to fight?

“It seems to always come down to one guy…Tito…what’s his last name? Oh yeah, Tito Ortiz. Dan Severn, he’s the one calling me out every day. He wants a revenge match versus me but I keep telling him, he’s 280 pounds and needs to lose some weight and then maybe I’ll think about it. Dan Severn, Ken Shamrock, Tito Ortiz…other than that…I gotta get in shape."

4/2/12 1:31 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mdot50
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wish I had hdnet... thanks for the vid UG BLOG
4/2/12 1:38 PM
MolsonMuscles
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would pay to see Coleman vs. Tito.
4/2/12 1:38 PM
Jeter
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Big Coleman fan and have been more many years, but he's punch drunk and can barely talk now. Sad.
4/2/12 1:43 PM
Jacinto
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not being mean here but he looks really bad. I hope he stays retired for his own sake.
4/2/12 2:09 PM
Granpa
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn he looks old in that video. Classy guy though, one of the founder fathers of MMA.
4/2/12 2:12 PM
rockwell
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One of the all time greatest!

That scene following his loss to Fedor is one of the most heartfelt things I ever witnessed in MMA.
"Say hello to Fedor. He's a very nice man"
And Fedor just smiles and you can feel his unease at it all. Phone Post
4/2/12 2:18 PM
DamnSevern
1190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

one of the most powerful images in the history from mma.
4/2/12 2:25 PM
CindyO

Underground Blog - 

Coleman's daughter recalls Fedor night fondly

[The Underground]

Mark "The Hammer" Coleman received a lot of fan heat when he brought his daughters into the ring after his second loss to Fedor Emelianenko. But in an interview with HDNet Fights, Coleman and his daughter Morgan detail a moment not captured in a shampshot.

“It was a tough night," Coleman said. "Because I took a lot of criticism from a lot of fans and a lot of professionals claiming that I traumatized my daughters. And at the time, being a dad, it was the most important thing to me. I just remember very clearly…I don’t mind losing, I just don’t wanna hurt my kids."

"It was honestly the time of my life," said Morgan. " 'Cause it was so fun out there. So I don't regret that at all."

The former UFC heavyweight Champion and Pride Open Weight Grand Prix champion also recalls the sports earliest days. “I’ll be honest with you. It’s easier to win the belt than to keep the belt," Coleman said of becoming the first UFC heavyweight champion. "Nothing against Mo Smith but if I would’ve prepared properly I think I would’ve destroyed him. But I didn’t because I didn’t prepare properly, he did, and what a humbling, humbling, humbling experience.”

“It seems to always come down to one guy…Tito…what’s his last name? Oh yeah, Tito Ortiz. Dan Severn, he’s the one calling me out every day. He wants a revenge match versus me but I keep telling him, he’s 280 pounds and needs to lose some weight and then maybe I’ll think about it. Dan Severn, Ken Shamrock, Tito Ortizother than that…I gotta get in shape."

Am I reading this right- he dissed those three guys? LOL

Cindy
4/2/12 2:31 PM
CLINT NJHC
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would love to see the Hammer have one more fight against Tito. Would've been an awesome retirement match for the both of them!
4/2/12 2:35 PM
dhughes
311 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cindy

When asked who he would fight, he listed them as possible matches. Really said nothing negative about them.
4/2/12 2:38 PM
CLINT NJHC
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Am I reading this right- he dissed those three guys? LOL

Cindy"

No, you are not. LOL
4/2/12 2:52 PM
FOTN
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Really hope he had a few drinks before that interview, otherwise it's quite scary how much he's deteriorated in just a couple of years.
4/2/12 2:53 PM
DamnSevern
1190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4/2/12 2:59 PM
DamnSevern

perhaps one of them is doctor mma
4/2/12 3:03 PM
onepunchJD
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ill never forget that, it was crazy!

Coleman's face was all messed up, and the girls were scared.

I can see why he did it, to show them it was just a sport, and everything is fine now.

Classic moment.
4/2/12 3:04 PM
onepunchJD
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DamnSevern -  perhaps one of them is doctor mma

LOL..

Now that was funny!
4/2/12 3:05 PM
disbeliever
324 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome moment. And while people bitched about him taking his daughters in, it allowed them to see the "bad man" didn't hurt their father, that Fedor was a nice man, and its just a sport.
4/2/12 3:08 PM
damion
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FOTN - Really hope he had a few drinks before that interview, otherwise it's quite scary how much he's deteriorated in just a couple of years.

yeah he's gotta be a few drinks in. In the gymnastic clip he sounds just fine.
4/2/12 3:12 PM
Festus
276 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CLINT NJHC - "Am I reading this right- he dissed those three guys? LOL

Cindy"

No, you are not. LOL
Thats how i read it. He can take on and beat those three right now without training or getting in shape. Anyone else he'd have to train for.

Thats how i took it at least Phone Post
4/2/12 3:13 PM
rockwell
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

onepunchJD - Ill never forget that, it was crazy!

Coleman's face was all messed up, and the girls were scared.

I can see why he did it, to show them it was just a sport, and everything is fine now.

Classic moment.
Exactly!
This is what everyone complaining about it in the past missed.
That did more for the image of MMA than lots of people give it credit for. Phone Post
4/2/12 3:16 PM
ThinkMMA
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL
4/2/12 3:18 PM
HaMMerHouseFAN
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CindyO - 
Underground Blog - 

Coleman's daughter recalls Fedor night fondly

[The Underground]

“It seems to always come down to one guy…Tito…what’s his last name? Oh yeah, Tito Ortiz. Dan Severn, he’s the one calling me out every day. He wants a revenge match versus me but I keep telling him, he’s 280 pounds and needs to lose some weight and then maybe I’ll think about it. Dan Severn, Ken Shamrock, Tito Ortizother than that…I gotta get in shape."

Cindy
No, if you watch the video at the end, after Coleman names those three guys, the interviewer says (basically) if those three fights were to happen, it would keep you busy. That's when Coleman says I gotta get in shape.

4/2/12 3:20 PM
D241

4/2/12 3:25 PM
ranier wolfcastle
886 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tito should take that fight
he'd triangle mark imo, then retire

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.