UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> WWE Fan dies in Rear Naked Choke

4/3/12 1:03 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
xCYBERDYNEXx
270 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/03/12 1:04 AM

Wrestling fan died at a Wrestlemania party on Sunday. I'm sure unfortunately some of the blame will get directed at the MMA community.

"A Louisiana man died at his own "Wrestlemania 28" party after he refused to "tap out" of his younger, much smaller cousin's "rear naked choke hold," causing him to stop breathing, police said.

Stephen A. Arceneaux III, a 24-year-old from Destrehan, was pronounced dead at 10:39 p.m. Sunday night, The Times-Picayune reported.

Arceneaux had invited a number of friends to his home to watch the pay-per-view professional wrestling event.

He and his cousin, aged 14, began wrestling on an inflated mattress at the party and the teenager, who weighed just 110 pounds (50kg), placed his arm around the 220-pound (100kg) Arceneaux's neck.

Witnesses said Arcenaux was in the hold for 30 to 40 seconds, but refused to give up or "tap out."

When one of the witnesses saw Arceneaux turning blue, they told the youngster to let go, but by that stage he had already stopped breathing, the report said.

Arceneaux's girlfriend tried unsuccessfully to revive him before he was transported to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

No arrests have been made and the investigation is continuing.

"It's bizarre," said Sheriff's Office spokesman Capt. Pat Yoes. "We're still investigating it. But when you have violent horseplay like that, it just goes to show you that anything can happen."

<br /><br />http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/WWE-wrestling-fan-dies-at-Wrestlemania-28-party-in-rear-naked-choke-hold-by-cousin-040212
4/3/12 1:06 AM
Teenage mutant lesnar turtle
528 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Stephen A. Arceneaux III, a 24-year-old from Destrehan, was pronounced dead at 10:39 p.m. Sunday night, The Times-Picayune reported.

Arceneaux had invited a number of friends to his home to watch the pay-per-view professional wrestling event.

He and his cousin, aged 14, began wrestling on an inflated mattress at the party and the teenager, who weighed just 110 pounds (50kg), placed his arm around the 220-pound (100kg) Arceneaux's neck"

Now thats an embarrassing way to die.

4/3/12 1:07 AM
inf0
305 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hopefully the youngster will put this behind him with time. It's going to be difficult for him.

4/3/12 1:09 AM
Phisher
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How fucking stupid are these people? He had the choke locked in for 30-40 seconds and wouldn't let go until the guy turned blue?
4/3/12 1:09 AM
em1woot

The police operator told him to tap out! Phone Post
4/3/12 1:12 AM
r_o_y

Phisher - How fucking stupid are these people? He had the choke locked in for 30-40 seconds and wouldn't let go until the guy turned blue?

thing is that should have been enough to kill him as far as i know. i'm thinking it will come out that he may have had some other physical problem that added to his death.

it's just sad all around tbh.
4/3/12 1:15 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
548 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

r_o_y - 
Phisher - How fucking stupid are these people? He had the choke locked in for 30-40 seconds and wouldn't let go until the guy turned blue?

thing is that should have been enough to kill him as far as i know. i'm thinking it will come out that he may have had some other physical problem that added to his death.

I assume you meant shouldn't? not being grammar police, just making sure
4/3/12 1:16 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
548 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

10Marlons -  Now all the UFC noobs are gonna brag about how the younger generation is superior to the older.

Those are the same idiots that think Anderson Silva can beat a prime Murilo Bustamante.

dude someone died. for real. this is not the time/thread for that crap
4/3/12 1:16 AM
r_o_y

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
r_o_y - 

I assume you meant shouldn't? not being grammar police, just making sure

lol yeah my bad
4/3/12 2:01 AM
ParadigmRaep
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That 14 year old is going to be fucked up.
4/3/12 2:02 AM
BaraoKix

10Marlons -  Now all the UFC noobs are gonna brag about how the younger generation is superior to the older.

Those are the same idiots that think Anderson Silva can beat a prime Murilo Bustamante.

Easy to see which category you fall into...

4/3/12 2:31 AM
UGCTT_504thriller
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm from new Orleans and my gf cruelly lives two houses down from where this happened. She said once the ambulance came, the kid came running out screaming "it wasn't supposed to happen like that!!!" she said it was heart wrenching to hear and the screams from the family weren't any better. Phone Post
4/3/12 2:32 AM
UGCTT_504thriller
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Actually* not cruelly Phone Post
4/3/12 2:40 AM
UGCTT_David_MMAmet

UGCTT_504thriller - I'm from new Orleans and my gf cruelly lives two houses down from where this happened. She said once the ambulance came, the kid came running out screaming "it wasn't supposed to happen like that!!!" she said it was heart wrenching to hear and the screams from the family weren't any better. Phone Post
Wow. That's fucked.

Sad news, let's all just ignore the trolls in this thread guys, rather than hijacking the thread. Phone Post
4/3/12 2:46 AM
Neil McCauley

30-40 seconds? turning blue? my god this choke. Why Didnt the other guys at the party not realize the dude was unconscious and try to interject? I think the problem is they were watching that fake stuff and most likely thought he was acting or something. If they were mma fans, at an mma party, i bet they would've known better. I think the lesson here is to give up that fake stuff if you're going to have grappling matches in your basement. Hopefully the youngster can shake off this death, no one wants that on their conscious.
4/3/12 3:23 AM
UGCTT_SidRival
516 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bummer Phone Post
4/3/12 3:34 AM
CDarwin
743 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here's the thing.

Most people think the opponent is fine as long as he is breathing, so they keep it loose enough for the breathing to continue and don't realize that they are still stopping the blood flow to the brain.

It happened a lot in LEO around the world up to the late 1980s, and still happen today. (As well as so called positional asphyxiation.)
4/3/12 3:35 AM
dbeedy
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Crazy shit. Hope the kids alright Phone Post
4/3/12 4:00 AM
random_perv

10Marlons -  Now all the UFC noobs are gonna brag about how the younger generation is superior to the older.

Dude your an idiot. Phone Post
4/3/12 4:17 AM
Attila
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Witnesses said Arcenaux was in the hold for 30 to 40 seconds, but refused to give up or "tap out.""

Yeah, it's called being unconscious.
4/3/12 4:50 AM
Tclegg
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

From the little ive trained in bjj from my understanding if you hold a choke for at least 10 seconds after unconsciousness it can cause brain damage you dont have a lot of time to work with. Phone Post
4/3/12 4:59 AM
TKOhYeah
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dbeedy - Crazy shit. Hope the kids alright Phone Post
. Phone Post
4/3/12 5:33 AM
Humphrey

Edited: 04/03/12 5:39 AM
Tclegg - From the little ive trained in bjj from my understanding if you hold a choke for at least 10 seconds after unconsciousness it can cause brain damage you dont have a lot of time to work with. Phone Post

that's not at all correct. it takes much longer than that. it's very abnormal for someone to die at 30 seconds, and I frankly don't believe that number.

it takes over 5 minutes for brain damage to occur and up to like 9 minutes for death.

Those numbers might be off, but not by much, and if you think 30 seconds can kill someone as a norm, yet it's allowed in a sanctioned fight, you're crazy 
4/3/12 5:47 AM
Humphrey

by the way, just to slow the 'seconds' argument down a bit, it's a ridiculous myth, but here is a doctor's response about that question.

If you deprive the brain of oxygen, the person will rapidly lose consciousness. Permanent neural damage usually takes 5 minutes or so of interruption of oxygen/blood flow. If you hold a blood choke for even a few seconds, a fighter will go unconscious. They will usually wake right up when blood flow is restored, but they may be a little groggy or have a headache. If they keep breathing and there is no air choke, they can maintain normal blood oxygen and get it to the heart and other vital organs. If you hold a choke for too long, and both blood flow to the brain and air to/from the lungs are cut off, the person could see a drop in blood oxygen globally and run the risk of damage to the heart, which could stop beating. Then, when you let go of the choke, they won't be breathing and they could get into serious trouble.

BTW, you can absolutely compress both carotid arteries (blood choke) without compressing the airway. Just put the fingers of your right hand on one carotid pulse in your neck and your thumb on the other. Push directly backwards towards your spine. You will compress the blood vessels and the trachea will be uncompressed up against the palm of your hand. Pretty cool, but you can faint if you try this. Make sure you are sitting down, that a friend is with you, and that you don't have any hardening of those arteries.
4/3/12 5:57 AM
IAmBatman
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sad to hear this happened. The 14 year old kid has got a tough road ahead of him. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.