UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Korean Zombie says TriCoasta owes $20k+

4/3/12 9:25 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

In a massive thread on the Underground it was revealed that there were problems between Chan Sung Jung management and sponsor TriCoasta stemming from revenues generated by a tee shirt so popular both UFC President Dana White and commentaor Joe Rogan were wearing it.

Tri Coasta Korean Zombie Signature Tee,Black,large

Now BloodyElbow is reporting that the camp has severed ties with the former sponsor, and that the amount owed is over $20,000.

Jung made an unforgettable stateside debut at WEC 53 and engaged Leonard Garcia in what many deemed a "Fight of the Decade" performance. MMA fans were elated with Jung and his popularity soared. Tri-Coasta manufactured Jung's signature "Korean Zombie" t-shirt that spread like wildfire.

Jung's contract with Tri-Coasta stipulated he'd receive a percentage of merchandise sales that remain outstanding. Jung's manager and translator, Brian Rhee, claims Tri-Coasta is well aware of the overdue balance and has promised to settle up on many occasions, but never followed through with the full payment.

The Korean Top Team representative opted to speak out on the purported misdoing rather than to re-sign when his contract with Tri-Coasta expired recently.

Read entire article...

The Korean Zombie fights Dustin Poirier at UFC on Fuel TV 3 on May 15th. Winner of the fight will get a title shot against UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo.

4/3/12 9:30 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Arecsa
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So un-just that it got posted twice. Pay the man his cash!
4/3/12 9:51 AM
Radio Raheem
1333 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In before the mob. I'm having Toe2Toe flashbacks. Phone Post
4/3/12 9:53 AM
RML
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sucks
4/3/12 9:55 AM
French Fries Malone
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Was gonna buy one of those, now not so much Phone Post
4/3/12 9:59 AM
Blackbeltpanda
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

French Fries Malone - Was gonna buy one of those, now not so much Phone Post
Same Phone Post
4/3/12 10:05 AM
UGCTT_Bispingstolemysn
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So lame.
4/3/12 10:12 AM
Chimp Strength
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have one, pretty shitty quality to be honest. Hope they pay the man. Phone Post
4/3/12 10:14 AM
frederic
660 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lloyd gave me my bluename80cent -  This is a shame. I really like Tri-Coasta as a mma clothing company. Or should I say, liked
And Kirik partnered with them to do the MMA.tv shirts. Phone Post
4/3/12 10:16 AM
crazydave
201 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4/3/12 10:21 AM
Chris
359 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, COO

4/3/12 10:27 AM
vandelay
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chimp Strength - I have one, pretty shitty quality to be honest. Hope they pay the man. Phone Post

This, Bought mine after the Garcia fight. Its in my closet somewhere next to my Charlie Sheen "winning" shirt...PAY HIM!!!
4/3/12 10:48 AM
Uchi
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In for the 'other side' of this story. Hope it gets sorted out and the appropriate parties compensated as deserved.
4/3/12 11:33 AM
Uncle Justice
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

frederic - 
Lloyd gave me my bluename80cent -  This is a shame. I really like Tri-Coasta as a mma clothing company. Or should I say, liked

Wasn't included in the article, but Tri-Coasta was initially run by Ted, who did the original TKZ shirt. The company switched over to new ownership and Ted eventually left altogether.

I'm not positive, but I believe Ted did the UG shirts. To my knowledge, Ted was a good guy and had no part in the payment discrepancy.

4/3/12 11:35 AM
Shug
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Uncle Justice - 
frederic - 

Wasn't included in the article, but Tri-Coasta was initially run by Ted, who did the original TKZ shirt. The company switched over to new ownership and Ted eventually left altogether.

I'm not positive, but I believe Ted did the UG shirts. To my knowledge, Ted was a good guy and had no part in the payment discrepancy.

This ^
4/3/12 11:36 AM
goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

horrible. this is why fighters should hire attorneys...they will lock shit up to ensure their client gets paid
4/3/12 11:39 AM
frederic
660 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I remember the thread about not buying bootleg TKZ shirts on ebay because the fighter didn't get paid. Oh the irony.
4/3/12 11:42 AM
UGCTT_THE Kevin Chandler
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lloyd gave me my bluename80cent -  This is a shame. I really like Tri-Coasta as a mma clothing company. Or should I say, liked

4/3/12 11:47 AM
Card
2011 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4/3/12 12:02 PM
Shug
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Card - 
Yes, despite the fact that KZ's contract with Tri-Coasta expired a few days ago, they continue to sell his shirts!

4/3/12 12:25 PM
Card
2011 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/03/12 12:30 PM
 ^ 
http://themmacorner.com/2012/04/03/tri-coastas-split-with-the-korean-zombie-a-deeper-look/ 

Chan Sung Jung signed a contract to promote and market Tri-Coasta under a one-year, salaried sponsorship agreement,” Lee confirmed. “As part of the agreement, there were obligations for marketing the brand.”

The contractual obligations included wearing Tri-Coasta shirts, as well as taking part in photo shoots, social media interaction and media requests. According to Lee, all were ignored by the fighter and his management.

Only a few months into the sponsorship, Chan Sung breached our contract by working for Kimurawear. The agreement clearly states that he will not endorse any other competing brand’s products.

We provided him with shirts to sell for his own gain – at no profit to us. When asked if the shirts were sold, we were told he didn’t have them anymore – but were not sold.
4/3/12 1:05 PM
BlueWrapper
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Subbed
4/3/12 1:19 PM
Carne de cavalo é o melhor
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Radio Raheem - In before the mob. I'm having Toe2Toe flashbacks. Phone Post
T2T and TCB flashbacks. Phone Post
4/3/12 1:23 PM
short round
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The arguments from Tri-Coasta's side is retarded and a sorry excuse for not paying their fighter. If you felt the fighter wasn't fulfilling contractual obligations, you pay the fighter his money, then stop sponsoring them. End of relationship. You don't hold money back from them, while continuing to sell their shirt because it's making you a profit.

This is also just a bad move PR wise, withholding money from a very popular fighter who had arguably one of the most popular mma shirts ever. Tri-coasta is going to lose a lot of customers.
4/3/12 1:53 PM
sadisticsoldier
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agreed, that is fucking retarded. If he isn't meeting his obligations, you keep selling a shirt with his image and keep making money, but don't pay him his share? Obviously he is doing enough to make people want to buy the shirt.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.