Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
grkblood
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe Show Radio, Owner
 I'm going to guess 10K.
7/23/12 1:53 PM
dbeedy
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ok how about the huge 32x45 promo poster for ultimate fighter 2? On the poster is Forrest and Stephan hitting each other and is signed by both coaches of season 2 Matt Hughes and rich Franklin. Phone Post
7/23/12 5:42 PM
Steezy

Item like Royce's gi from an early UFC like that I might contact an auction house or two specializing in sports memorabilia. Rare item like that doesn't pop up often and could pull a premium at an auction where deep pocket memorabilia hunters go.
7/23/12 6:32 PM
grkblood

Joe Show Radio, Owner
Steezy - Item like Royce's gi from an early UFC like that I might contact an auction house or two specializing in sports memorabilia. Rare item like that doesn't pop up often and could pull a premium at an auction where deep pocket memorabilia hunters go.

Or it could fall flat on it's face since the amount of people that collect MMA is rather small compared to other sports than I'm guessing rule those types of auctions. I don't think there's enough collectors to go that route with MMA stuff.
7/23/12 11:44 PM
Steezy

Sold out shows all over the world, Major network deals, major sponsors, trading cards sets , etc. Would say otherwise. Could shop around for what they are charging if an item doesn't sell. Tons of people aren't stupid and realize the path the sport is going in. They also realize Royce's place in all of it. If a ball that bounced of Jose Canseco's head can go for several thousand this thing should pull a pretty penny. I'm not being insane and saying 50 or 100k, but any decent reputable major sports auction house would definitely draw more than 10k for it.
7/24/12 4:41 PM
Sofa King Cool
236 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd give almost fifty bucks for that gi if you're interested. Phone Post
7/24/12 5:42 PM
armbarheelhook
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

grkblood -  I'm going to guess 10K.
Its so hard to say, since I haven't seen any other of his gi's sell.. I'm thinkin about $10K aswell..

Did royce wear a new gi for every fight? or did he just wash them?

Its from UFC 5, not UFC 1...and it wasn't his last fight in UFC.. although his last time he wore a gi in a UFC fight.

If Coleman can't get $40K for his 2000 Pride Gp champion gloves which at the time was the greatest Open Weight MMA tourney in history, and still debatable as the greatest open tourney today...
I don't see how a Royce UFC 5 gi would go for more than or around $40k..

I'm thinking $10K - $20K at most imo..

Severly limited amount of collector/buyer pool to choose from who is that serious about MMA for a single item. But you never know! Phone Post
7/24/12 6:13 PM
ricksongjj

Man I wish I had it.But the guy who has it might sell it and I know someone here who might try and buy it.
7/24/12 7:08 PM
mmagirl104
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What's this? a non-troll post from Lloyd??? ;)
7/24/12 7:33 PM
armbarheelhook
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Llyod: I'm not going to debate about historical figure of royce greater than coleman.. b.c. I agree that royce has more historical significance in UFC.

You stated a fight worn gi from royce (Will) be,worth boat loads more than Coleman 2000 pride gp gloves.. meaning future tense..

when the guy was asking the value of the gi today..

How can you say boat loads more when we don't even know how much coleman's gloves woukd sell for? As of today, its obvious he can't get $40K for them. So are they worth $20K?

I don't know what your defintition of "boat loads" is, but i'm assuming if we say coleman's gloves would realistically sell for $20K then a royce UFC 5 gi is worth $100k..? Is this what you mean?

There are what, 4 royce UFC fight worn gi's.. I'm sure everyone would possibly agree that the most valuable of these 4 would be UFC 1.

He didn't win UFC 3, and fought to draw against shamrock in the 1st UFC Super Fight.

From UFC 5, imo the most expensive memorabilia piece would have to be the UFC 5 Super Fight belt that wasn't awarded.

So whatever the value of this belt, I could realistically see someone paying the same price or a little less perhaps in today's market prices. Phone Post
7/24/12 7:36 PM
armbarheelhook

* sorry for saying boat loads* when you just stated "loads more" Phone Post
7/24/12 8:48 PM
fightpimp

mmagirl104 - What's this? a non-troll post from Lloyd??? ;)

+10 mmag!

Coleman has turned-down offers that approach the 40K multiple times. He does not have any attachment to the gloves... but he knows what he wants for them. On the other hand... Mark will NOT sell anything from his fights with Don Frye... WHY??? he told me that he respects Don as a fighter and "couldn't do it"...

Back to the drawing board peeps.

Royce's Gi for UFC 5 is cool but UFC 5 was a fucking snoozefest and Art Davie had to sell the belt (to cam) YEARS later... not a great investment IMO...

I would be a buyer of Barao and Aldo jockstraps these days...
7/24/12 8:53 PM
armbarheelhook

FP: how much is an ounce of barao and aldo ball sweat goin for these days!?!?! lmao Phone Post
7/24/12 8:57 PM
armbarheelhook

Are you saying the UFC 5 belt is not a great investment, or the royce 5 gi is not?

What did cam pay for the UFC 5 belt if you don't mind me asking?

thnx.! Phone Post
7/24/12 9:08 PM
fightpimp

Aldo BS one ounce = not my cup of tea...
 Barao BS one ounce = less than aldo BS.

I am saying in the grand scheme of things that the UFC 5 belt (imo) is less of an investment than ANY of the other pre-10 belts...

I don't want to talk shit about somebody that does not post here anymore so I will keep it short... Cam was "hired" by Art to "shop" the UFC 5 belt privately... why he did not contact me about it escapes me because I had at least two or three people at that time that had the funds and interest to buy at a fair price. Fair price = a lot more than he bought it for. Art got fucked.

Make a long story short... no offers = great buy for Cam. My $.02...

And Cam, if you are reading this... put me back on your list bitch! fucking blocking me on Ebay... how childish. Grow up, reach down, grab your ballbag and admit you did the dirty and got bagged lol...
7/24/12 9:21 PM
armbarheelhook

So basically Cam stole it for the price he paid Art Davie...

What do you value the Royce UFC 5 gi in current market then?

I'm like Hix, I would love to own it...

But if the situation arose where it was the Royce UFC 5 snoozefest Super Fight draw gi or the 2000 Pride Fc Open Weight GP champion coleman gloves, I would choose the gloves imo.

granted I wouldn't pay $40K what he wants for them though. Phone Post
7/24/12 9:24 PM
fightpimp

armbarheelhook -  So What do you value the Royce UFC 5 gi in current market then?

I have it sold unless the seller is expecting crazy $ for it... my buyer wants it but knows what shit is worth. could be a great deal for both of them... we will see.
7/24/12 9:30 PM
armbarheelhook

fightpimp -
armbarheelhook -  So What do you value the Royce UFC 5 gi in current market then?

I have it sold unless the seller is expecting crazy $ for it... my buyer wants it but knows what shit is worth. could be a great deal for both of them... we will see.
hehe.. I like how you diverted the question.. props!!

So is $40K crazy money then..? keke ;)

c'mon, send a feeler out there.. Phone Post
7/24/12 9:33 PM
fightpimp

Coleman has been nothing but a great guy to deal with... that being said I would love for him to get what he thinks the gloves are worth. Honestly where else are you going to find the gloves from the fighter that won the (arguably) best mma tourney in history? I don't have 40k collecting dust but if I did I would buy them and a shitload of other stuff kicking around... 1/1 is never under-rated.
7/24/12 9:39 PM
armbarheelhook

Cool..! but I was asking you if you think $40K was crazy money for the royce UFC 5 gi..?

misunderstood my post maybe? :) Phone Post
7/24/12 9:42 PM
fightpimp

40K is wayyyy above what (I think) a buyer would pay for that particular gi. If the pants were included and everything could be documented back to Royce... it is still way-high. UFC 1 Gi... 100K+ easy, all-day long.
7/24/12 9:48 PM
armbarheelhook

fightpimp -  40K is wayyyy above what (I think) a buyer would pay for that particular gi. If the pants were included and everything could be documented back to Royce... it is still way-high. UFC 1 Gi... 100K+ easy, all-day long.
K.. that's what I think aswell... I could see $100K for royce UFC 1 gi..

Do you think the Royce UFC 5 gi would hold the same weight as the Royce 2000 Pride Fc Gp gi..?

Thanks for the replies also.. Phone Post
7/24/12 9:54 PM
armbarheelhook

sorry, meant to say the 2003 Pride Shockwave gi where this fight also went to a draw.. Phone Post
7/24/12 10:28 PM
fightpimp

I would have to think about that more... ufc vs pride etc.. lots of variables...

never did street-team man either...lol...
9/1/12 8:15 PM
Gem City

Whats this worth? B3 mint

new013

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.