UnderGround Forums

NFLGround >> 49ers will be champs again this year ( superbowl)

4/6/12 11:03 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Slapnutz
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

a top 3 defense returns all 11 starters. randy moss and mario manningham to upgrade the wide reciever core. brandon jacobs to play the red zone jerome bettis role. frank gore healthy and with a bruising fucking fullback who now has two years at the position ( he was a defensive end in college and only played fullback last year for the first time )

Aldon smith more as a regular player instead of just a spot guy.

The only thing that worries me is Alex Smith, but I have high hopes for Colin Kaepernick, the young 2nd string qb. this guy was a fucking monster in college, and with now two years under harbaugh and a full year of training camp, he just might be ready to take over for smith.

what say you.....come on haters, what ya got ???
5/8/12 5:13 PM
blunt minded
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/Sights--Sounds-2012-Offseason-Program/edb48ae1-3bd9-4d35-88eb-b4b191fd449c

Moss & Manningham sightings!
5/9/12 1:45 PM
east
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Perhaps but I wonder if the 49ers will enjoy a +28 TO differential this season. It will be tough to maintain that success in limiting their own and creating turnovers.
5/22/12 2:17 PM
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If they meet Denver in the Super Bowl they will struggle.
1/22/13 8:24 PM
blunt minded
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol totally forgot about this thread. nice find kfp
1/24/13 1:32 PM
Slydawg
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I will vote him up tomorrow. I used mine already today.
5/15/13 6:47 AM
Slapnutz
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yes, my prediction was very close to spot on.

I've been a lifetime 49ers fan ( something hard to be when you live in fucking michigan surrounded by moron ass lions fans ) and usually only got to see 2 or 3 games a year...

but now with directtv's nfl package, I can watch every game every week.

I believe they will be a top contender again this year, however, they are not flying under the radar anymore and I worry about them cause they are everyones pre-season favorite to return to the superbowl, and that means every single team they play will be gunning for them and adding a little something special to stop the hype.

That and the fact that all the teams in their division ( especially Seattle ) have gotten better, means they will have a tough year this year.

I expect them to go far into the playoffs but being realistic, I'm not sure they will make it back to the big game this year.

I hope they do, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it.
5/16/13 12:30 AM
blunt minded

I agree. I hope hope hope Kendall comes back as good as he was, and Kyle too. Despite all the shit he got from that which will not be named, I think he could be a great weapon in our offense. Crab and manningham on the outside could open up things a lot for him now that we've seen the chemistry kap has with crab, and manningham before the injury. Gonna be an interesting year Phone Post 3.0
6/19/13 7:06 AM
TenOfSwords
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The last Super Bowl runner-up to get back to the Super Bowl again the following year: The 1993 Buffalo Bills.

The last Super Bowl runner-up to win the Super Bowl the following year: The 1972 Miami Dolphins!

7/9/13 1:08 PM
KrzyBnzJnz

Seahawks are going to beat the fuck out of the 49ers week 2.  That much I can gurantee. 

7/28/13 4:42 PM
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It doesn't matter because neither the 49ers, Seahawks, or any team will be able to score with Denver.
7/30/13 10:01 AM
Slydawg

Will Denver miss Elvis? Have they done anything to the defense this offseason?

8/12/13 5:59 PM

Slydawg - Will Denver miss Elvis? Have they done anything to the defense this offseason?

Any time you lose a player like Elvis it is going to cause some concern. However Shaun Phillips has looked very good here (returned a fumble for TD in Thurs game), and Robert Ayers is going to get his shot.

I think our defense will actually be better than it was last year because we addressed the serious need for more size up the middle. I said it last year that if a team was able to keep the game close enough that they could keep using their running game we would struggle. Now this year with the additions of Terrance Knighton and Sly Williams (who is having a great camp) will fix that problem. As a life long Bronco fan I can say we have never had DTs who are as big or physical here. Also Derek Wolfe is going to be a big name player in the NFL. He can play all 4 DL positions, and play them well.

On top of the Knighton signing they signed Dominic Rodgers Cromartie who I think is an elite level corner. Philly really killed Nmandi, DRC, and Asante. I think Shaun Phillips will be able to cushion the loss of Dumervil, and I think we will be better against the run. Not that teams will be running for very long against us as Denver is going to score a lot of points this year.
8/12/13 10:10 PM
Slydawg

I love your posts 303. You really have a good insight. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.