UnderGround Forums

LegalGround >> Recently Admitted to Fed. Ct.

4/6/12 11:22 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Trust
758 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Since I never planned on litigating, I never bothered to seek admission to the local Federal district court (S.D. of FL).  But I was recently looking around and realized I was sort of in the minority among local peers, so I went ahead and got admitted.  The certificate just came in the mail today.  

So who do I sue first?  
4/9/12 10:58 AM
Subadie
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sue the government. I do it all the time, and I love it. There are actually far more people who need lawyers who know the mandamus statute, 28 U.S.C. § 1361, and the APA, 5 U.S.C. § 701 and 28 U.S.C. §2201 et. Seq, than there are lawyers who know how to (and are willing) to do it.
4/9/12 12:38 PM
Cookie Monster
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Congratulations!

I think the next thing to do is to go to the closest federal courthouse and introduce yourself to the federal judges. A bit of advice, they like it when you walk right into thier offices and demand to see them immediately. Don't bother playing nicey with the secretaries as they are just support staff and the judge, being lifetime appointed, very much understands the meanial role they play in the grand scheme of things. Judges like to see aggressive go-getters who will be in front of them. You will undoubtedly make an impression of the judge.

that aside, nicely done.
4/9/12 4:52 PM
Trust
758 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Subadie - Sue the government. I do it all the time, and I love it. There are actually far more people who need lawyers who know the mandamus statute, 28 U.S.C. § 1361, and the APA, 5 U.S.C. § 701 and 28 U.S.C. §2201 et. Seq, than there are lawyers who know how to (and are willing) to do it.
That might actually be an option.  I studied those pretty extensively in my Federal Courts class in law school and prof made a living doing that early in his career.  I forgot about that.  Although honeslty, Cookie Monster's advice aside (lol), I think I'd wet myself going into federal court the first time, even though I've been in county court lots of times for (someone else's) crimes. 
4/12/12 12:27 PM
J Flip

Wait until you get admitted to the 11th circuit and they send you a copy of strunk and white. Don't worry -- it's not because there was a typo in your application.
4/12/12 12:50 PM
J Flip

Subadie - Sue the government. I do it all the time, and I love it. There are actually far more people who need lawyers who know the mandamus statute, 28 U.S.C. § 1361, and the APA, 5 U.S.C. § 701 and 28 U.S.C. §2201 et. Seq, than there are lawyers who know how to (and are willing) to do it.
Where do you find your clients? Phone Post
4/12/12 2:32 PM
Trust

J Flip - Wait until you get admitted to the 11th circuit and they send you a copy of strunk and white. Don't worry -- it's not because there was a typo in your application.
My first lawyer-boss made me go buy that ~18 yrs ago. It has sat next to my computer ever since.  

4/12/12 7:44 PM
WikiTheWalrus
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sue the State. It's fun.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.