UnderGround Forums

Canada UnderGround >> Training in Toronto

4/7/12 10:59 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
greasegun
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm interested in training in Toronto, has anyone found a legit place for BJJ and some Muay Thai Downtown ish? I'm not looking to compete but would like to learn BJJ from a decent school, I live Vic Park and Kingston Rd.
Seems to be a lot of new schools . Phone Post
4/7/12 11:36 PM
Kashk
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

These schools might interest you:

Action Reaction
Ascension

A lot of good choices available.

Cheers,

Josh
4/8/12 8:36 AM
GringoBR

Edited: 04/08/12 10:59 AM
If you are at VP and Kingston one bus will take you almost at Action & reaction's door. In the other hand you are close to the subway line, check Toronto BJJ and Mecca in downtown.
4/8/12 1:02 PM
PKF
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

www.sbgtoronto.com
4/9/12 9:16 AM
Danny Beauclerc
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tons of great gyms downtown!

Come do a trial class with me at Black Devil MMA and see if we're what you're looking for.
4/9/12 6:17 PM
Kashk
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Obviously for downtown clubs given my bias I would say
Toronto BJJ.
4/10/12 1:58 PM
Danny Beauclerc
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bias is ok, we're all human :)
Toronto BJJ has a very good program, no question there.
4/10/12 4:23 PM
Robin Black
275 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Toronto BJJ has a top level Black Belt instructor in Jorge Britto, dozens of world class training partners, and literally hundreds of people to roll with of all sizes shapes and experience levels. Kick ass gym, especially for BJJ.

I really enjoy training with Sergio Cunha at Mecca at Queen and Bathurst. He was one of the original instructors of Chute Boxe in Curatiba Brazil. He is a brilliant instructor of all the elements of mma, especially Thai, and a cool dude.

Heard great things about the other gyms mentioned too.

You should go try 2 or 3 of them. It'll be fun to take the tour and you'll find there's lots of great gyms and fantastic people in these sports in Toronto.

Have fun.
4/11/12 5:12 PM
joe canada
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Check out TorontoBJJ, as previously mentioned. Nice group of guys, and the place in general is a class act.

If you're anywhere near Claude Patrick's gym, you owe it to yourself to yry it out. The guy genuinely loves the sport and is an excellent instructor. Oh, and I hear he's fairly good at this UFC traneing stuff...
4/12/12 11:37 AM
karmarep

HI,

Feel free to check out Grant Brothers MMA and BJJ.

Lots of mat space
Ring
cage
Showers

BJJ (gi and no gi) 6 days a week
Wrestling 2 week taught by Sean Pierson
Thai boxing 6 days a week
Boxing 6 days a week
Pro classes during the day

The gym is near Dufferin and Finch

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.