UnderGround Forums

Canada UnderGround >> Drop-in Bjj classes in vancouver

4/7/12 1:23 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SayG
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hi, I'm going to be visiting vancouver for a week in may and I'm looking for a club that is open for drop-ins. Preferably one within walking distance of the downtown core, or easily accessible by public transit.
4/7/12 2:26 PM
Tango_MF
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The main gyms downtown are, as far as I know, Universal, Infighting and Tactix. Other than Universal I'm not sure if the other gyms are cool with drop ins.

Just outside of downtown the Gracie Barra at 7th and Main is awesome, great training and facility. If you don't want to go more than a few minutes out of your way this might be the best option.

The gym where I train, Dynamic MMA, is very open to drop ins, and we'd dig having you come by. We're on the main Canada line train, so it's about 20 minutes from downtown.
4/7/12 6:12 PM
SayG

Thanks tango! Do you know anything about studeo55? It seems to be the closest gym to where I will be staying.
4/7/12 7:44 PM
Tango_MF
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have a few friends who used to train there. John K, a Machado black belt, was doing the BJJ, but I think they discontinued the program.

Maybe send Richie at Infighting a message - they're a small gym but it's right downtown.
4/8/12 12:40 PM
Mark Stables
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SayG Go train with Marcus, nuf said
4/8/12 6:17 PM
skip donahue

Edited: 04/08/12 6:23 PM
+1 for Marcus.
4/8/12 6:38 PM
SayG

Hey Mark, yeah, I looked into Marcus' clubs but I need something really close by. Unfortunately this isn't a trip for training purposes, I just want to find a place that I can drop in quick once or twice during the week.
4/10/12 6:28 PM
KrazyRussian

hey SayG, if it's downtown and walking distance for you only, just go to Universal.
4/27/12 2:12 PM
VilleV

Hi,

I have a similar situation. I will be in Vancouver in could of weeks and I would really appreciate any tips on cool places to train. Preferably in downtown area.

Br,
Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.