UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Mario Yamasaki refutes TUF Brazil complaint

4/8/12 9:31 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

The debut of The Ultimate Fighter, on March 25, had Dileno Lopes and Rony Jason on the first fight to get in the house. Dileno started better, knocking his opponent down, but when he got knocked down the referee Mario Yamasaki called the TKO and gave the win to Jason.

“I didn’t understand the referee," complained Dileno. "I had my moment and Rony had his. I reacted and was conscious, but Yamasaki claimed I was off. I was not. To me he had to let it go and he made a mistake because when I felt I was doing guard and tuned on the bout."

“I asked what happened and why he didn’t stop the contest when I hit Jason. I didn’t understand his criteria. But it’s alright, mistakes happen and it’s time to keep our heads up and move on."

Mario Yamasaki affirmed he does not regret his decision.

“Dileno came and talked to me in the hotel and apologized," said the referee. "He saw it on the tape and I was right. I guess he said something to you different than what he told me. At the time the athlete doesn’t know if he’s knocked out or not. There’re cases on which the second punch wakes the guy up. My reaction is to stop the contest when the guy can’t defend himself.”

Read entire article...

4/8/12 9:32 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Kimbos Bread
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yawn
4/9/12 5:53 AM
daishanjamin
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was a terrible call. Plan and simple.
4/9/12 5:54 AM
mijo

Yamasaki was there and you were not. That I know for sure.
4/9/12 8:06 AM
Authority Figure

daishanjamin - It was a terrible call. Plan and simple.

How long have you been a professional referee and in what countries?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.