UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> rick story's coach sucker punches guy.

4/9/12 3:26 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jake Thomas
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://mmassmedia.com/?q=content%2Fcrossing-line

"Mixed Martial Arts shouldn't be about 30 cage fights lasting till 12am, cages breaking during competition injuring talented unpaid fighters, fluanty women at an all ages show, venue owner sucker punching a head coach, screaming fans cursing obscenities pushing their way to the cage with almost no security, media turning their cameras off when they should have been keeping them on, yet they didn't, in order to keep promoters friendships sustained. Now it is all a memory, a good and talented, unpaid fighter was in the hospital with injuries. Tickets were sold, the venue made rent yet somone was hit in the face and then told to leave the building and not allowed to collect their stuff? SHAME ON THE MEDIA WHO SAW IT AND IS NOT TELLING THE TRUTH!!!!I CALL BULLSHIT!!! MY KID WAS THERE! MY STEPDAUGHTER, WHO DOES MMA, WAS SO DISGUSTED AT THE ACTIONS OF ADULTS THAT NOW SHE DOESN"T WANT TO ATTEND ANOTHER SHOW AGAIN! SHAME ON YOU! WE ARE BLOWING OUR CHANCE PEOPLE! THIS WILL MAKE OUR SPORT LOOK WORSE! IT WILL MAKE US LOOK LIKE ANIMALS ESP WHEN THE COPS SHOW UP TO CLEAN HOUSE. SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE TO SAVE THIS SPORT BEFORE IT'S TO LATE!HOPEFUFLLY THIS SONG PLAYS IN YOUR EARS>>>>>" 
-from local mma reporter, the spaniard, about the event. 
4/9/12 3:31 AM
Elbeezy1
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First? Phone Post
4/9/12 3:51 AM
Jake Thomas
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i very rarely post on here. most of the time i just enjoy the reads on the forums. but this story p****d me off. i used to train at brave legion and know the character of pat white and have been saying he's bad news. on the same night in the same town there was another show that went off without a problem. lots of great fights and fighters. unfortunately, all the fights that night, in both shows, is overshadowed by this situation. to be honest i don't know why i posted it in the first place. i was just beyond mad and frustrated hearing about this and felt it needed to be shared a guess... and since the only mma forums i read are here i figured i would post here...
4/9/12 3:51 AM
ItsTheFlash
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy rant batman! Phone Post
4/9/12 3:52 AM
KevinMcAllister
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So he was promoting it and sucker punched a coach?

Why?
4/9/12 3:53 AM
Tankhead
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Subbed Phone Post
4/9/12 3:55 AM
Jake Thomas

he is rick's coach and teh promoter. go to the link above and there is another story with more details. i wasn't there first hand so i only have details based on what the stories have said.

4/9/12 4:12 AM
HITMAN DAN DIAZ
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in for pics of said flaunty womenzss :) 
4/9/12 4:22 AM
UGCTT_RickStorm
1514 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
 Wow!
I cant speak on what happened after the show as we left about 11:00pm but that story above was not the way the event went for us..

I thought the promoter, split decision MMA, Trent & Heather Standing did a great job running the event. Great fights, at least up until we left, and a fun night overall... We had great seats, front row behind the ring girls and in front of Lindland, when he wasnt coaching his fighters. I thought the security did an good job. They clearned the way for the fighters to do there walk out to the cage, and I believe UGs own DJlastcall was rocking the music for the fighters. Security was moving people from the cage that were standing up, I thought they were very professional about it even though they wernt professional security people.. They also kept the fighters team behind the chairs and kept them down so the crowd could see.

I did have one interaction with one of the younger security guys... I bought a few beers (one for DJ, which i want credit for lol) and the security guy told me very politly that I had to keep the beer at the garden area (drinking area)..

As far as the fluanty women... I didnt think those ring girls were being flaunted anymore or less than any other event Ive been too.. In my opinion...

I thought the crowd was great, and at least in my area I didnt hear anyone cursing obscenities or anything out of line.. There was one lady screaming her lungs out but I dont recall anything too bad...

Again, we missed all the drama at the end, which I'm glad we did lol But up until we left I thought it went really well

I did sent a message to Trent to see if he'll respond to this to clear some of this up

This is just my opinion =)
4/9/12 4:37 AM
12SixElbow
606 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

there was a couple threads about this earlier, madness
UGCTT_RickStorm
1514 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/09/12 4:37 AM
HITMAN DAN DIAZ -  in for pics of said flaunty womenzss :) 

The pictures wont be up till around tuesday for this perticular fight, but if you goto link and click on one of the posters they have other pictures of said ring girls.. at least two of them are the same girls

www.splitdecisionmma.com/#!vstc0=photos

TrentStanding
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I actually promoted the event.

A little background on the situation first;
Pat White and Nick Gillardi dont get along for some bullshit that went down years ago. Add to that Nick Gillardi runs right now one of the best MMA gym fight teams in Portland, and Brave Legion is the best MMA gym right across the river into Vancouver WA (about 15 mins away from eachother). Also, the #1 ranked Brave Legion 170 pounder in the NW Tommy Takemoto was fighting the #2 Ranked Sean Baker from Alive MMA- BOTH camps were very confident on getting the win.

A little more background: I RENT THE SPACE called inferno Fitness and Sports that is in the same building as Brave Legion that is the size of 3 basketball courts set side by side, so a rather large venue. I have also had a GREAT relationship to this point with AliveMMA and they had always shown great class at all events in victory and defeat. ~~IN 37 SHOWS THERE HAS BEEN 2 PHYSICAL INCIDENTS OF 1 PUNCH BEING THROWN.. NOT FIGHTS.. JUST ONE PUNCH~~

After a cage door incident when it popped open during the fight and the fighters fell out of the cage both teams decided on keeping the fight going against my plea to just have the fight called a no contest (it was mid round 2 of 5 round). Baker was clearly hurt from the fall out the cage door but his camp decided to keep fighting instead of having the fight called a No Contest. Takemoto put Baker away in round 3 and remained champion.

The next bit I did not personally see, but neutral partys to both Brave Legion and Alive MMA have told me the account went something like this:

Nick Gilardi was in the fighter area afterwards as Pat White was passing from inferno Fitness to his gym, a confrontation happend when Gilardi demanded a rematch and wanted a contract for a rematch. Pat told him to fuck off and went to turn to disengage. Gilardi put his hands on Pat to keep him from walking away and to face him. Pat said dont fucking touch me again and turned agian when Gilardi called him a piece of shit and grabbed Pats shoulder and Pat let loose with a left hook that wobbled Gilardi. After he hit him he backed up, had more words with Gilardi and left the area.

The AliveMMA crowd was then asked to leave the Brave Legion gym and they refused. After multiple attempts by me to try to diffuse the situation and Rick Story telling them to leave the area the police were called.

I have no fucking idea if thats what really happened BECAUSE I DIDNT SEE IT. But its what I was told from about 12 people that were on the scene.

Now I know Jake Thomas didnt write the first post and I know who it was copied from, but let me address some stupid shit:

""Mixed Martial Arts shouldn't be about 30 cage fights lasting till 12am"
---It wasnt 30 fights, it was 23 fights, a submission match and a tag team submission (that were used as intermissions)

" fluanty women at an all ages show"
--LOL Serious? Anyone else know of an event that has a 'dress code'? Seriously, you want me to dictate what people wear?

" venue owner sucker punching a head coach"
---Like I said before, I DIDNT SEE IT, but its awfully hard to put your hands on someone and get punched, and call it a 'sucker punch'

"screaming fans cursing obscenities pushing their way to the cage with almost no security"
---We dont have a 'bad language' rule at our events, maybe we should make one to prevent people from cursing!! And we had 20 security at the event of about 700 people, allong with 4 security that were stationed directly around the cage.

" yet somone was hit in the face and then told to leave the building and not allowed to collect their stuff?"
---This is absolute bullshit. I was the one talking to AliveMMA and telling them to get out of the hallway connecting the VENUE from the GYM. I told them to GO OUTSIDE or GET THE FUCK BACK IN THE DRESSING ROOMS TO COLLECT THEIR ITEMS. Instead they would not move and it created more friction with everyone leaving the venue through the gym (the ONLY exit). This is a total boldface lie.

"MY KID WAS THERE! MY STEPDAUGHTER, WHO DOES MMA, WAS SO DISGUSTED AT THE ACTIONS OF ADULTS THAT NOW SHE DOESN"T WANT TO ATTEND ANOTHER SHOW AGAIN! "
--- You could have very easily EXITED THE FUCKING AREA WHERE THIS WAS GOING DOWN LIKE YOU WERE INSTRUCTED TO. Instead you chose to get out your flip camera and record everything.

" IT WILL MAKE US LOOK LIKE ANIMALS ESP WHEN THE COPS SHOW UP TO CLEAN HOUSE."
---Know what the cops did? They told AliveMMA to get out just like I had instructed them to do.

***NOW THE KICKER***
Not only was the 'MMA REPORTER' friends with Nick Gilardi but they had also lived together and grew up together in Bend Oregon. So perhaps as I pointed out above his account of the situation was a little bias?
4/9/12 4:42 AM
UGCTT_RickStorm

Thanks Trent!
4/9/12 4:43 AM
12SixElbow
606 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pat White keepin it classy as always
4/9/12 4:45 AM
Masakatsu Funaki
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shit just got real Phone Post
4/9/12 4:49 AM
ICEE
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Trent,

Did the cage break or was the door not shut right? I only ask because I check when I ref even if I have a door guy because its my job.
4/9/12 5:38 AM
TrentStanding
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ICEE - Trent,

Did the cage break or was the door not shut right? I only ask because I check when I ref even if I have a door guy because its my job.

Not only was the door checked by both UFC Ref Dave Hagen but also by Ref Mel Locke before the event started. My guess is the cage shifted somehow around fight 12 the first time it popped open when two fighters crashed against the cage next to the door. Action was stopped and a repair was made on the cage latch. It was tested again after the repair was made and deemed by the ref safe again.

It was the first time we had rented this cage. The cage was 'battle tested' in 'Rage In The Cage' up in Washington twice with no incidents so we figured it was a good cage to go with. Great care was taken in selecting the cage we rented for the event, with fighter safety #1 on our priority list.

Thanks
Trent
4/9/12 5:43 AM
TrentStanding

if you go to this video around 4:41 you can see the door open and them go out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt6B2XCrRWk
4/9/12 5:51 AM
UGCTT_RickStorm

4/9/12 6:13 AM
TrentStanding

^^LOL thx Rick, I dont know how to embed.
4/9/12 8:37 AM
Outlaw'd by Lytle
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds like much ado about nothing. OP comes across as a trouble maker.

Why post something so derogatary if you weren't there to witness? Phone Post
4/9/12 8:52 AM
mixedmartialmike

What a great influence these coaches are setting on young mixed martial artists. Sucker punch or not, totally unprofessional to get into any kind of physical altercation.

Not the promoters fault if guys were being douchebags though. Phone Post
4/9/12 8:53 AM
sockeye
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sub
4/9/12 9:00 AM
Synado
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is the best advertisement for an event ever.
4/9/12 9:15 AM
UGCTT_LnPninja

If you ask someone not to touch you, and they touch you again, it cannot be a "sucker punch" and you should not be at fault (for the most part, and if that account is correct).

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.