UnderGround Forums

Hawai'i Underground >> "He Is Risen"

4/9/12 5:43 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JIMMYNAKS
249 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Technically is grammatically incorrect.

Ain't it? Phone Post
4/9/12 6:03 AM
JIMMYNAKS
249 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The World's first Zombie. Phone Post
4/9/12 6:27 AM
MOB U2
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jimmy = the only reason why I regret deleting my facebook.

To answer this I am guessing it has to do with the mode of English grammar during the time of the King James translation.

He is Risen probably has to do with the context of 'presently existing' as opposed to 'have only risen once'.

In any case, KJV English cannot handle this concept which it why it contradicts it's own grammatical structure.

Fucking Englishman. Can't even speak their own language right.
4/9/12 11:56 AM
JIMMYNAKS

He be rising would have confirmed a Black Jesus Phone Post
4/9/12 12:00 PM
JIMMYNAKS

Mob U2, I like the way they speak in Spartacus.

"I would see words moved towards purpose"

Instead of thank you they say "Gratitude" or sorry is "Apologies".

Jupiter's Cock! Once again the God's seek to spread cheek to ram f@Cking Cock in F@cking A$$! Phone Post
4/9/12 1:08 PM
FCTV808
251 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

not only do those fuckers talk funny, but they drive like shit too.
4/9/12 2:48 PM
JIMMYNAKS

For my fellow HGers that Unnastan the good word, please help me with a problem I've been wrestling with;

I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath.
Exodus 35:2. clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?

Thank you for your help in advance Phone Post
4/9/12 2:49 PM
JIMMYNAKS

Also,
Leviticus 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight.
I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle- room here? Phone Post
4/9/12 11:12 PM
jjmtg
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JIMMYNAKS - For my fellow HGers that Unnastan the good word, please help me with a problem I've been wrestling with;

I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath.
Exodus 35:2. clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?

Thank you for your help in advance Phone Post

Hahaha, that remind me of one the best episodes of the West Wing.

4/10/12 5:23 AM
T.Jay Thompson
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Refreshing. I would have thought you conservative, gun loving wackos would have been bible thumpers. There is hope for this cesspool. Phone Post
4/10/12 4:20 PM
Sgt. Slaphead
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

[quote]T.Jay Thompson - Refreshing. I would have thought you conservative, gun loving wackos would have been bible thumpers. There is hope for this cesspool. Phone Post[/quote] 

4/10/12 9:20 PM
JIMMYNAKS

Best Fiction story EVA! With Harry Potter being a close second. Phone Post
4/11/12 5:45 AM
Sgt. Slaphead
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KyokushinCatch - 
*snip....."but what I do know is that the man-made dogma of the 3 major religions founded in the middle east all tend to divide people - unless you think and believe just as they do

peace, my brothers and sisters"

True......but I read a book (The Gift of the Jews)a long time ago that made some good points that I currently can't recall......but IIRC it boiled down to this:

Judeo-Christian mentality is responsible for the development of western society we currently enjoy today.

Otherwise, who knows.....we might still be a bunch of pagan idol worshiping goat fukkers. Like I said a long time ago, but seems to me looking at history....especially that of our once great nation, I'm inclined to agree. Shit, everything from every culture has the good and bad or shit that don't make sense.

Alls I know, there seems a blatant attack against western culture and a serious effort to undermine our society......who and why, and more importantly.....HOW? Seems to me multiculturalism, vilification or nationalism, secular-humanism, etc all seem to have similar goals and methodology.

So even though I'm not a particularly religious man, I'll keep clinging to my guns, bible and beliefs based upon shit I stepped on while stumbling through life. We all gotta be willing to stand and possibly die for something right?

LOL?

Though I'm not a Marine, I'll borrow a line from their service........."Semper Fidelis"
4/11/12 9:10 AM
MOB U2
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have missed out on so much good discussion here b/c I have been putting in some extra hours at work. Can't respond to all but there are 2 things I would like to respond to:

1. KC - No data on Exodus tragedies. However, recent archaeological research have uncovered chronological 'mistakes' aka 'lies' re: the historiography of the Old Testament. Exodus is based on the Hebrews leaving Egypt during the time of Ramses the II. However, according to archaeological research and study of military campaigns of certain Egyptian rulers - the Pharaoh Thutmoses III expansion and military campaigns out of Egypt matches archaeologically with the Biblical Exodus stories re: lands travelled, combat that ensued etc. So much to discuss re: the mismatch of chronologies, but I believe after all I've read the past decade re: this, that it was a DELIBERATE thing done by Biblical scholars to disavow their historical connection to Egypt, other than the story of escaping slavery from cruel Pharoahs.

Though there was NOT any evidence of a large slave Hebrew population existing at the time of Ramses the II, there were people called HYKSOS at the time of Thutmoses III. And Hyksos were people of Semitic descent, which some scholars now believe were the predecessors to the Hebrew people. For whatever reason, Hebrews historians over time divorced their ties to Egypt when in fact it was so obvious from the get go - Moses (Egyptian for offspring), himself is a name given from the house of Thoth. The travelling caravan of the 'holiest of holies' and the ark of the covenant mimics greatly pharonic temple protocol, which also states that people with 'no blemishes, bad eyesight, etc.' cannot be in the presence of the divine."

Anyway I can go on and on about this, but for further reading read JESUS IN THE HOUSE OF THE PHAROAHS by Osman. I think his argument that Jesus was King Tut is a bit tenuous, but his parallels of Egyptian history which PREDATES Old Testament history by centuries and matches the archaeological record with what happens in Exodus later, is the best arguments I know of that elucidate this argument best.

For easy online reference, you can also go to this page: http://www.bible.ca/archeology/bible-archeology-exodus-date-1440bc.htm

Anyway, don't know if I'm making sense, been damn sleep deprived past 3 weeks trying to finish some work.
4/11/12 9:37 AM
MOB U2

Sgt. Slaphead - 
KyokushinCatch - 
*snip....."but what I do know is that the man-made dogma of the 3 major religions founded in the middle east all tend to divide people - unless you think and believe just as they do

peace, my brothers and sisters"

True......but I read a book (The Gift of the Jews)a long time ago that made some good points that I currently can't recall......but IIRC it boiled down to this:

Judeo-Christian mentality is responsible for the development of western society we currently enjoy today.

Otherwise, who knows.....we might still be a bunch of pagan idol worshiping goat fukkers. Like I said a long time ago, but seems to me looking at history....especially that of our once great nation, I'm inclined to agree. Shit, everything from every culture has the good and bad or shit that don't make sense.

Alls I know, there seems a blatant attack against western culture and a serious effort to undermine our society......who and why, and more importantly.....HOW? Seems to me multiculturalism, vilification or nationalism, secular-humanism, etc all seem to have similar goals and methodology.

So even though I'm not a particularly religious man, I'll keep clinging to my guns, bible and beliefs based upon shit I stepped on while stumbling through life. We all gotta be willing to stand and possibly die for something right?

LOL?

Though I'm not a Marine, I'll borrow a line from their service........."Semper Fidelis"

Judaeo-Christian culture, I see of as some sort of template, again laid upon the world to create structure and order. Like anything it's been manipulated and twisted by people for terrible means. Unfortunately, people expect some sort of utopia that offers a better idea for a better world. And not many are wanting to accept it doesn't exist.

Honestly, I think the whole Judaeo-Christian thing as a 'Western' thing is not a complete view. I guess I can't make a fair assessment of that book since I haven't read it, but the Judaeo-Christian cultural idea, also includes deep cultural and philosophical borrowings from Egyptians, Persians, Indians, Greeks, and Romans. And not that I'm making a multicultural argument, but more so that what people know as 'Judaeo-Christian' is really an amalgamation of many sources.

I just wrote some more fucking long paragraphs but the melatonin is kicking in. Will follow up in a few days . . see how this is going. Good discussion.
4/11/12 2:39 PM
JIMMYNAKS

You guys stop ruining my thread with facts! Phone Post
4/11/12 3:28 PM
Sgt. Slaphead

MOB U2 - 

Honestly, I think the whole Judaeo-Christian thing as a 'Western' thing is not a complete view. I guess I can't make a fair assessment of that book since I haven't read it, but the Judaeo-Christian cultural idea, also includes deep cultural and philosophical borrowings from Egyptians, Persians, Indians, Greeks, and Romans. And not that I'm making a multicultural argument, but more so that what people know as 'Judaeo-Christian' is really an amalgamation of many sources.

OH INDEED! IIRC from the book, the linear mentality of the jews was the thing that set things in motion. It's quite obvious that J-C "culture" is a product of its regional influences
4/11/12 3:31 PM
Sgt. Slaphead

KyokushinCatch - Sarge, most, if not all of my closest buddies think like you do (cling to their guns and bibles, believe fox news is truly fair and balanced, etc., etc.), and yet accept me as their trusted friend despite my "left-wing liberal agenda" and support of our president. they are also among the finest people I've ever met, and the few I'd trust with my life

Some of the worst/dumbest people I ever met think like me too!......HOLY HELL!
4/11/12 3:33 PM
Sgt. Slaphead

JIMMYNAKS - You guys stop ruining my thread with facts! Phone Post

the adults are speaking.....please go back to playing with your play-doh
4/11/12 7:44 PM
MOB U2

Sgt. Slaphead - 
MOB U2 - 

OH INDEED! IIRC from the book, the linear mentality of the jews was the thing that set things in motion. It's quite obvious that J-C "culture" is a product of its regional influences

Y'know I don't remember writing that much must've been discombobulated last night. Sounds like a good book, I'll try to read it when I got the time. Thanks for the recommendation.

As for the Judaeo-Christian linear thinking thing, I wrote a lot but no use b/c I don't have the time to elaborate right now (since I'm doing this on break and on a rabid deadline). But I did read the synopsis of the book on Amazon and sounds exactly along the lines of what I was thinking, since the first thing that came to mind was 'East' and 'West' concepts of time and historiography. You can generally say that Eastern historiographies fit the model of an ideal past - fall - the desire to return to an ideal past. Western historiographies which have appropriated the Jewish model of historiography follow the Garden of Eden - Fall of Man - ReAscent of Man and Return to God/Heaven in a transcendental afterlife. The record never repeats in this configuration.

Egypt, India, China - 3 of the 4 cradles of early civilization all had religious and temporal beliefs that were circular in nature - espousing rebirth, and the return to an idealized past (not that these were necessarily entirely bad concepts - but indeed not something that fostered technological innovation when industrialization and European colonialism intensified. Instead, the 'Eastern' response, and (well you could say 'Western' as well, where millenarian groups sprung up -Mormons, Adventists, Revivalists, Calvinists, (and this did happen with some Jewish sects as well) etc.) was to hold on to a codified culture that was associated with the former glorious past.

The Judaeo-Christian culture was a linear thinking civilization and mainly I think this is because the Jews were the first large immigrant people of the world and were constantly persecuted. And because of this, the ideal became a transcendental concept as opposed to something that could occur in their lifetimes. So the process was constantly to refine the self (and this is where the arguments for Max Weber's Protestant work ethic comes in - not that I really buy it though) to reap the benefits in another 'dimension'.

I would say Islam would probably be in this category as well if not for Wahabi fundamentalist (and terrorist inspirng) influence in the 18th century. This was probably a response to the increase in industrialization and colonialism, and the view that it was a threat to the integrity of Islam as a whole. This did not happen with their Judaeo-Christian counterparts.
4/11/12 7:54 PM
MOB U2

^actually take that comment out re: Protestant Work Ethic. That's a whole 'nother argument entirely that is maldeveloped here.
4/11/12 8:46 PM
Sgt. Slaphead

Well das betta den I coulda said all dat!
4/13/12 3:23 AM
JIMMYNAKS

Oh poopy!! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.