UnderGround Forums

Judo/Sambo UnderGround >> More interest in judo since Ronda won the Title.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

4/11/12 3:18 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Spartan79
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think it's great Ronda won and even better that she seems to have sparked more interest in judo!
I over hear people down the gym talking about training judo for mma and these people are not fighters just average joes.
Do you think judo will jump on this mma train or stay traditional ? Phone Post
4/11/12 7:51 AM
judoblackbelt
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All of us in Judo are in it for judo's sake. Ronda is unique in that she is making the transition in her prime where her skills are at their highest level. Many of her competitors have not faced the challenges she has during her judo career. They are not prepared for her so to speak skill wise and mental wise. The guys have world class wrestlers/bjjers/strikers so to say I want to learn judo for mma I just don't know. Judo is too difficult to learn as a sidebar to MMA. I don't think in mens MMA it would make much of a difference. Just my thoughts.
4/11/12 10:37 AM
Spartan79
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I do like judo as it is ,( other than no leg grabs or enough time on the ground). I don't think you have to be world class judoka to use judo in mma.
Bjj guys love their ties to mma I don't think it would hurt clubs or judo to offer judo in gi and no gi /mma style . Of course you would have to take the time to learn everything in a gi and then transfer it to no gi but I would love to have a club like hayastan judo club here in the uk! Phone Post

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.