UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jones and Evans in heated verbal combat

4/11/12 9:52 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1293 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Jones began by responding to a question regarding whether or not he seriously thought he'd ever fight Evans when he first started training with him at Jackson's MMA:

"No. You know, I knew we were both top guys, and I knew it was kind of a possibility, but I really set it aside. I really ignored it. I was really honored to be a part of the program."

That was how things started; innocent enough. But the rivalry became a reality when Jones won the belt, by defeating Maurico Rua at UFC 128 in Newark, New Jersey, on March 19, 2011. It set the stage for a match up against his stablemate, causing Evans to pack up his things and leave Jackson's MMA.

According to Jones, the drama was avoidable:

"Greg, he said, basically, Rashad is always welcome back. You know, Rashad will always be like a brother to me. You know, he spoke so highly of Rashad. On numerous occasions, he really did everything he could to keep some type of rapport. On the other hand, you have Rashad, who's bashing the program and the history --"

It was here that Evans' fangs came out. In his mind, a correction was in order:

"--The history? I made that history! What are you talking about? I'm the one who helped make that history! You're the one who came into it. You came into it! Don't talk about the history, when you have no roots in the history! Don't talk about -- I helped make Greg Jackson! I helped make him the reason why you even wanted to come there and train. So, don't talk to me about the history of the team, bro! Don't talk to me about the history of the program because, motherf*cker, I made that program!"

read entire article...

4/11/12 9:55 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Andy the man
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In!
4/11/12 10:01 AM
MentaL
528 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really think annoying Jones wont be good for Rashad. 
4/11/12 10:02 AM
Darth Ryase
1432 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why does the truth make Evans so mad?
4/11/12 10:02 AM
Geoff G Electric
262 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like this !! War hashad ! Phone Post
4/11/12 10:03 AM
Granpa
156 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL.. this is gonna be good.
4/11/12 10:05 AM
Gokudamus stole my name
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"One thing to remember is Rashad is instrumental in this whole Jackson phenomenon starting," Jardine said of the history at Jackson's MMA. "Without Rashad, who knows if it ever would have happened? He was one of the first guys to come in from out of town and join the team. And he was a guy who, when the sport was growing, he was winning fights and everybody was looking at him as he was getting better. People were calling Rashad up and he was bringing people to town, and without him, who knows if any of that would have ever happened? Without Rashad Evans, maybe this Jackson's phenomena never happens."
4/11/12 10:06 AM
slamming

Damn that was real. Phone Post
4/11/12 10:08 AM
CaptainBurma
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rashad mad. Initially I wanted Rashad to win (though I never thought he would) but after every interview w/ him & JJ, Rashad just keeps coming off like bitter jelly. Hope JJ smashes him now, which he will.
4/11/12 10:09 AM
Ron Pierre-Paul
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rashad is either delusional or a great troll.  LOL
4/11/12 10:14 AM
Salokcin69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Granpa - LOL.. this is gonna be good.
This. I can't wait! Phone Post
4/11/12 10:16 AM
kelby

I made Greg Jackson. Yeah he made Greg Jackson look bad by get ktfo, and can't eve defend his title.
Why can't he understand, your gonna have to get other 205'er to train with each other. what does Rashad expect that he will be the only 205 in Greg's camp training.

It's buisness, just as much as it is loyalty.
4/11/12 10:17 AM
DoctorVanNostran

War rashad! Phone Post
4/11/12 10:20 AM
Darth Ryase
1432 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kelby - I made Greg Jackson. Yeah he made Greg Jackson look bad by get ktfo, and can't eve defend his title.
Why can't he understand, your gonna have to get other 205'er to train with each other. what does Rashad expect that he will be the only 205 in Greg's camp training.

Imagine if Wandy had left when Shogun started training at Chutebox, and went on to act butthurt for the rest of his career.

Wandy didn't do that because he's the epitome of professional. Rashad does it, and he's gaining fans by the thousands.
4/11/12 10:25 AM
JediJitsu
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Skip to my Lou motherfucker!!! The guy that said he's jelly... Do you know what happened between them? It's not jelly... It's betrayal on an intimate, professional level by a team whom he shared the

Hashad by snake-killing TKO! Phone Post
4/11/12 10:26 AM
Lahzerous
280 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gokudamus stole my name - "One thing to remember is Rashad is instrumental in this whole Jackson phenomenon starting," Jardine said of the history at Jackson's MMA. "Without Rashad, who knows if it ever would have happened? He was one of the first guys to come in from out of town and join the team. And he was a guy who, when the sport was growing, he was winning fights and everybody was looking at him as he was getting better. People were calling Rashad up and he was bringing people to town, and without him, who knows if any of that would have ever happened? Without Rashad Evans, maybe this Jackson's phenomena never happens."
Just cause you help build something doesnt make you god and what you say is now written in stone.

4/11/12 10:26 AM
JediJitsu
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^
..... shared the flagship with GSP. Phone Post
4/11/12 10:27 AM
Str4nger D4nger
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I completely see where he's coming from. It irritates the fuck outa me when someone only tries to act like the bigger man once they have the high ground. Every time Hashad has gotten under Jones' skin he's acted like a baby about it. Phone Post
4/11/12 10:28 AM
RKellyPeedOnMe
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

N Phone Post
4/11/12 10:30 AM
timessquare
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anik looks a lil concerned on the 1st heated exchange, he's not quite sure who to look at.
4/11/12 10:30 AM
Kingtony87
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Darth Ryase -
kelby - I made Greg Jackson. Yeah he made Greg Jackson look bad by get ktfo, and can't eve defend his title.

Imagine if Wandy had left when Shogun started training at Chutebox, and went on to act butthurt for the rest of his career.

Wandy didn't do that because he's the epitome of professional. Rashad does it, and he's gaining fans by the thousands.
wandy and shogun have never even entertained the idea of fighting each other. jones broke that hence the betrayal Phone Post
4/11/12 10:33 AM
CaptChaos
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Darth Ryase - 

Wandy didn't do that because he's the epitome of professional. Rashad does it, and he's gaining fans by the thousands.<br type="_moz" />

I could not imagine publicly stating he would fight Wand back in those APride days when they were training with each other.

IMO JBJ messed up. He should have pulled Rashad aside and talked to him 1st. The 1st time Rashad heard about JBJ fighting for the belt was while JBJ was in the octagon - not cool! THAT is why Rashad is bent and I would be too.

Greg Jackson should have called Rashad and/or spoken to both of them together and hashed it out. Jackson is a politically correct genious but he's just as slimy as others imo. He just does a better job of covering it up. I wish we all really knew the real people we are dealing with and not their fake persona. Say what you want about Rampage but he keeps it real imo!
4/11/12 10:33 AM
Broder

I guess everyone that coaches or trains with Rashad has to put their career on hold until he says it's alright to make some money for their families or advance themselves in the sport.  Rashad Evans is a big crybaby.  Get over it already.
4/11/12 10:34 AM
HULKSMASH
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP put Jackson on the map IMHO Phone Post
4/11/12 10:34 AM
KrisDonahoo
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LMAO @ "You're gonna skip to my Lou". Rashad is gonna throw Jon Jones a beating. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.