UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Tito: "If you need TRT, you need to stop fighting"

4/11/12 3:31 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
john joe
372 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/11/12 3:31 PM
Fighters Only, web monkey

FO: As you mentioned Overeem, let’s touch on the scandal that is presently threatening to engulf him. He failed a urine test administered in March and now the theory is that he will be claiming he was undergoing Testosterone Replacement Therapy, explaining his elevated levels. What do you think of all these fighters that are suddenly claiming to be testosterone-deficient?

You know I don’t know much about it at all. I have been fighting for 15 years and there have been trainers that tried to push that on me and I’ve said that if I have to do that kind of stuff, I am done with the sport, I wont compete any more because I want to be a natural athlete.

And I have - for fifteen years I’ve competed and taken my drug tests, random drug tests, and passed everything because I am a true athletle. A lot of these guys are taking these supplements to make themselves more impressive or whatever, to become the fighters they want to be.

That’s their choice - my recommendation is don’t do it. If its against the law or against the sport, don’t do it and if you do have to do it, don’t fight anymore. That’s just my take on it… I will leave it there, I wont go into it any further.

http://www.fightersonlymag.com/content/news/15979-exclusive-tito-ortiz-on-trt-final-fight-ufc-dominance  
4/11/12 3:33 PM
Brigham
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree with him. Phone Post
4/11/12 3:34 PM
sevenwithcheese
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think this might be the first time I've ever said this, but ... I agree with Tito.
4/11/12 3:37 PM
NotJustA12er

Fuck Tito ! Phone Post
4/11/12 3:39 PM
inf0
297 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

holy cow, first time for everything.. w/sevenwithcheese on that one..  Tito nailed it

he was beat by a TRT'd up Couture...

4/11/12 3:43 PM
goku

Tito is correct. Not everyone in the world should be entitled to fight. If you have this rare hormonal condition that creates a huge risk of steroid abuse then you shouldnt fight. Phone Post
4/11/12 3:44 PM
Synado
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasn't Tito accused of using HGH?
4/11/12 3:48 PM
ABE FROMAN

Bye bye Hendo and Chael?
4/11/12 3:50 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
543 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sevenwithcheese - I think this might be the first time I've ever said this, but ... I agree with Tito.

4/11/12 3:54 PM
OneGloveJimmerson
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agreed! if you need a crutch to participate in the sport then perhaps your body is telling you its time to give it up. I don't care if it doesn't make you "super human or un naturally strong" I don't care if you need it to heal, I'd rather my favorite athletes lost naturally due to their bodies wearing down under the sport then to see them win because someone in a lab helped them out.
4/11/12 4:04 PM
SamboMMA

Thread title should actually be: Tito: "If you need TRT, you need to stop fighting. Please don't notice my head size has gotten bigger over the years."
SamboMMA

Thread title should actually be: Tito: "If you need TRT, you need to stop fighting. Please don't notice my head size has gotten bigger over the years."
CharlesLewis
783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Synado - Wasn't Tito accused of using HGH?

I wasn't going to say anything, but looking at his head around the time he fought Metzger, and looking at it now...
Malvert the Janitor
788 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brigham - I agree with him. Phone Post
And I agree with you!!!! Phone Post
4/11/12 4:05 PM
Filo_Beto

This guy is so full of shit. He has taken enough roids to kill a horse.
4/11/12 4:06 PM
spliff
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if have an excuse for every fight you lost, you need to stop fighting
4/11/12 4:07 PM
Filo_Beto

OneGloveJimmerson - Agreed! if you need a crutch to participate in the sport then perhaps your body is telling you its time to give it up. I don't care if it doesn't make you "super human or un naturally strong" I don't care if you need it to heal, I'd rather my favorite athletes lost naturally due to their bodies wearing down under the sport then to see them win because someone in a lab helped them out.

It's called science. Maybe we shouldn't allow fighters to use the latest and greatest nutritional facts because it might give them an advantage over the less advised natural fighters.
4/11/12 4:08 PM
Seraldo Babalu
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you go ahead and see by the fight, what you saw, in the ring......You'll see the TRT has no place in MMA.

And nobody can descript that better than Tito Ortiz.

Seraldo
4/11/12 4:08 PM
UGCTT_mrthesnake
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder what his buddy rampage thinks of that statement Phone Post
4/11/12 4:09 PM
Filo_Beto

spliff -  if have an excuse for every fight you lost, you need to stop fighting

THIS!!!

This man has no shame and always went into a fight saying the old tito is back and he's 100% healthy.
4/11/12 4:13 PM
KH Johnsen
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you need Surgery on your vertebra you should stop fighting. I mean it's unfair to all the other fighters not getting any. Phone Post
4/11/12 4:16 PM
UGCTT_Zaph
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brigham -  I agree with him. Phone Post

4/11/12 4:17 PM
bryanand
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

While I agree with Tito, I think he is lying about never using roids. His body type completely changed when the UFC started testing. Look at his body type against Ken vs. his body type against Chack.

4/11/12 4:21 PM
Billyz
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

weird to here him saying it, not because I think he used but just for him to be talking about the subject.
He has beaten some roid monkies and lost to some TRT'd fighters so I guess he has a leg to stand on. As for his head size, he had a melon on him since he was young. Doubt he took HGH simply because the amounts he would have needed to increase cranium size would likely cause growth of other organs and parts (take in mind I dont have the science to back that up) but its just that his head looks big.
4/11/12 4:21 PM
THP

Tito has done a great job of passing the tests over the years. He's very good at that.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.