UnderGround Forums

Judo/Sambo UnderGround >> Do you like watching -60 kg? (Highlight)

4/12/12 12:17 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Seong gyeong
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My favorite division to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMrwtPhxt3Y
4/13/12 1:07 AM
JoshuaResnick
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

very fun category.
4/13/12 7:45 AM
judoblackbelt
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My favorite division to watch is the 81K, hands down at the world class level, probably because my favorite judoka is Ole Bishof. At the US Nationals I think the most competitive brkt top to bottom is the 66K.
4/13/12 6:05 PM
PoWdA101
567 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seong gyeong - My favorite division to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMrwtPhxt3Y
Spelling fail at :48.

Just sayin...

And yeah, that video is pretty sick.
4/14/12 4:34 AM
JoshuaResnick
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i think 66kg overall has the most competition in the USA, but the overall level is not very high. if i can still be even somewhat competitive in randori with guys who are placing at nationals then the division just isnt that great.
4/14/12 9:59 AM
judoblackbelt
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brad Bolen (#1 66k US) right now is #22 in the 66k Olympic field. World ranking #36. Mainly because other coutries can only have 1 qualifier. This brkt is a must watch at the US Nationals. Next brkt to watch is the 73K. Watching Eldred and Delpopolo ippon the field. Then the 81K which Travis usually owns but has to be carefull with St Leger. 90K should be Larson's to lose. Will this be Colton Brown's (90K) year? And of course Kyle will be the favorite in 100K with Higashi right there. An upset maybe?
4/14/12 4:35 PM
Jumbo Reverse Shrimp
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4/15/12 6:19 PM
Seong gyeong
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for the embed.^^ For some reason, -60kg has the most recognizable names for me, probably because I consider them to be the most exciting.

Sometimes I wish that tournaments concluded with -60kg instead of +100kg--everybody pretty much knows who's going to win that division these days.

I think that Kim Won-jin is somebody to watch for in -60kg: not only is he young, he's already taken out Zantaraia, Galstyan, and nearly upset Sobirov at the World Championships in Paris (didn't do so hot in their second meeting though).

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.