UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Tito wants an office job with the UFC

4/12/12 10:27 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

“Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see. Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it's been.”
Jerry Garcia

Forget his record the last few years. Tito Ortiz stil holds the all-time record for most fights in the UFC (26), the same as Junior Dos Santos, Jon Jones, Carlos Condit, and Jose Aldo combined. And he still holds the all time record for lightheavyweight division title defenses (yes, Lightheavyweight is the UFC's most competitive division).

Tito was the league's first star, when without it it might have died. He has appeared on reality tv and in movies, owns his own wildly popular line of sportswear, and went from being sponsored by Spanky's XXX Playhouse to some of the most lucrative mainstream sponsorships the sport has ever seen.

And he is 37 years old. A rubber match against Forrest Griffin at UFC 148 on July 7 in Las Vegas will be his last.

And then?

"I don't know what it's going to feel like to walk out for the last time," Ortiz told MMAjunkie.com. "Step in the octagon for the last time, to walk out of the octagon for the last time. Honestly, man, I don't know what to expect."

"Even signing a bout agreement, I realized that's the last one. It's weird."

"I think with everything I did, I made a mark. I showed guys what a little hard work and inspiration can do.

"I'm thankful God gave me the gifts I've had. I could have done so many things – worse things – as a kid and a man in general. My parents being drug addicts, I look at it as, 'Why am I sitting where I am today?' I think it's through hard work and dedication. It's very inspiring toward people knowing you can achieve anything in this world as long as you stay focused and work super, super hard at it. I'm thankful for that."

"I just turned 37. Couture fought till he was 44 or 45. Do I want to do it, though? I just don't have that hunger in me anymore. It's a business to me now. It's been a business since day one. It's love for the fighting, but it's always a business.

"But I've got three boys to take of now. ... It's time."

"ESPN just came to me and offered me a job as an analyst. But I went to Lorenzo and told him, 'I want to work for you guys.' I want to work with the UFC. I started my career with the UFC. I never had an amateur career. I've been with the UFC since day one in 1997.

"I would love to end it with the UFC."

Read entire article...

4/12/12 10:34 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
InspiritMick
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He deserves it
4/12/12 10:35 AM
sockeye
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4/12/12 10:40 AM
DamnSevern
1191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4/12/12 10:40 AM
DamnSevern
1191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

his office should be right next to chucks
4/12/12 10:44 AM
Bat21
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tito's job could be to let him tell them how they feelin.
4/12/12 10:49 AM
JiuKaraKwonThaiKungDo Master
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Started in the UFC? Didn't have an amateur career? Isn't there video out there of him fighting in like a high school gym or something? Was that just like and exhibition match or something? Phone Post
da Vinci 81
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They're going to pay him to speak on camera? Lol, yeah that'll go well... Phone Post
sockeye
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bat21 -  Tito's job could be to let him tell them how they feelin.

huh
4/12/12 10:50 AM
BooZe

Bat21 -  Tito's job could be to let him tell them how they feelin.
English motherfucker do you speak it!?! Phone Post
4/12/12 10:51 AM
c hurrle
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They won't hire him out of respect for Chuck
4/12/12 10:53 AM
epwar
638 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4/12/12 10:53 AM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
795 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hmmm so what's it gonna be? UFC office job or WWE? Phone Post
4/12/12 10:56 AM
Floppy Divac
175 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This has been known ever since Chuck got his gig.
4/12/12 10:56 AM
UberKnee
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Deserves it. Phone Post
4/12/12 10:58 AM
BKViper
441 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BooZe - 
English motherfucker do you speak it!?! Phone Post

11ers gonna 11.
4/12/12 10:58 AM
fightcity
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Take the ESPN job Tito before they withdraw the offer!
4/12/12 11:01 AM
SuMBJJ

"Let me tell you how you feelin, right now?" Phone Post
4/12/12 11:01 AM
ToneB
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tito earned it over the years
4/12/12 11:02 AM
UGCTT_Bispingstolemysn

Do it.
4/12/12 11:03 AM
Brian Rule
267 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Underground Blog - Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see. Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it's been.”

Jerry Garcia

WTF this is just sloppy and wrong. These are song lyrics, not a quote from Garcia. The song was written by Jerry Garcia, Robert Hunter, Phil Lesh, and Bob Weir, so the lyrics should have been handled in a much different fashion. For example the author could have instead begun with "As Jerry Garcia used to sing, 'Sometimes the light's...'"

MMA journalism. Just sayin.
4/12/12 11:04 AM
UGCTT_TriangleCity69
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he deserves the office job. as long as Tito stays away from commentating. Remember his commentary at Affliction: Day of Reckoning? not good.
4/12/12 11:08 AM
crowbar
700 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JiuKaraKwonThaiKungDo Master -  Started in the UFC? Didn't have an amateur career? Isn't there video out there of him fighting in like a high school gym or something? Was that just like and exhibition match or something? Phone Post

Those fights in High School gyms was after he fought in the UFC.
4/12/12 11:09 AM
GMan99
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brian Rule - 
Underground Blog - Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see. Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it's been."

Jerry Garcia

WTF this is just sloppy and wrong. These are song lyrics, not a quote from Garcia. The song was written by Jerry Garcia, Robert Hunter, Phil Lesh, and Bob Weir, so the lyrics should have been handled in a much different fashion. For example the author could have instead begun with "As Jerry Garcia used to sing, 'Sometimes the light's...'"

MMA journalism. Just sayin.

Plus it wasn't even really applicable.
4/12/12 11:13 AM
Shakwon
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who writes these headlines? Wants "an office job" not "a office job". I literally learned that in 2nd grade Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.