UnderGround Forums

Judo/Sambo UnderGround >> question about the "sambo leg lock"

4/12/12 3:37 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
415fiter
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Look at this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_s6kUJefYEA

Since i wasnt able to comment on the video, I came here. my question was if this submission could do any damage, like tear muscles or dislocate bones. Reason is I pulled one of these off in mma sparring the other day but I only like moves that can be used to defend myself in a street situation, I don't like to use pain submissions. So does anyone know? Thanks!
4/15/12 6:26 AM
Truemanc3
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah it works very well.... I have been doing this for years..... only in no Gi though when we are doing leg locks.. in the Gi obviously the rules dont alow this tech.

It is a calf crush but when you first get a hold if you pull too quick and the guy cant turn or turns the wrong way it can do alot of dammage so be careful.

When applied in a controlled fashion it hurts enough for the tap but the guy will walk away.... which imo is the perfect technique.... we are all athletes here and none of us want to hurt each other.

In a self defence situation if you applied it with force you could cripple the guy!

My guess is it could tear the disk or sublocate the knee and seriously dammage the acl and pcl.
4/16/12 10:53 AM
raleigh
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that guy ari bolden is a joke look him up. i hope this thread is not serious.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.