UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> TUF Live, Episode 6 discussion

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

4/13/12 10:16 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1409 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

TEAM CRUZ'S CHRIS TICKLE (7-4) VS. TEAM FABER'S JOE PROCTOR (7-1)

Round 1 - A touch of gloves gets us started. The fighters trade some early shots. Chris fires off punches and kicks, but Joe checks them and remains in the pocket. Joe then unloads a two-punch combo, clinches and looks for the takedown. Chris fends it off and reverses before unloading some quick punches. Joe gets through a nice right and then a good counter left. Chris, though, tags him on the next exchange. Joe again takes the center of the cage, looks for knees, and clinches. Chris whiffs on an elbow as they break. Joe shoots soon after and gets the takedown and works for a rear-naked choke as Chris gets back to his feet. He clings to the hold, goes back to the mat, and Chris tries to break free. Joe, though, tightens the grip, and Chris taps out moments later.

Joe Proctor def. Chris Tickle via submission (rear-naked choke) - Round 1, 4:42

read entire article...

4/13/12 10:23 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
invalid
346 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tickle has been getting a lot of air time...
4/13/12 12:58 PM
blupitt
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

invalid - Tickle has been getting a lot of air time...
Doesn't mean much as l
Previous seasons cuz fights r live. He's just gettin air time cuz he's a douche Phone Post
4/13/12 1:57 PM
jjj2121
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wake me up when Justin Lawrence is fighting again.  This cast is pretty damn uninspiring. 
4/13/12 2:09 PM
mixedmartialfarts
1068 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love the UFC, but they really need to dump this tape delay for both overseas events and TUF, especially since they are selling the "live" aspect of it so hard.  Surely we could convince FX to bump a couple of repeat episodes of that fucking terrible show Two and a Half Men, no?
4/13/12 2:18 PM
jjj2121

mixedmartialfarts - I love the UFC, but they really need to dump this tape delay for both overseas events and TUF, especially since they are selling the "live" aspect of it so hard.  Surely we could convince FX to bump a couple of repeat episodes of that fucking terrible show Two and a Half Men, no?

Two and a Half Men reruns probably outdraw TUF.  Nobody is watching this season. 
4/13/12 2:24 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War Proctor!!

Hope Tickle gets finished! Phone Post
4/13/12 2:30 PM
MartinD
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Will have to wait till tomorrow to find out who wins. ESPN uk always cuts off half way through the fucking fights! Phone Post
4/13/12 2:36 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MartinD - Will have to wait till tomorrow to find out who wins. ESPN uk always cuts off half way through the fucking fights! Phone Post
I experienced this last week...

I missed the decision between Iaquinta and Jury. Usually I download the episode the next day if I miss the ending. Phone Post
4/13/12 2:41 PM
mixedmartialfarts
1068 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jjj2121 - 
mixedmartialfarts - I love the UFC, but they really need to dump this tape delay for both overseas events and TUF, especially since they are selling the "live" aspect of it so hard.  Surely we could convince FX to bump a couple of repeat episodes of that fucking terrible show Two and a Half Men, no?

Two and a Half Men reruns probably outdraw TUF.  Nobody is watching this season. 
I'm sure a good deal of that is due to the horrible decision to air on Friday nights... compound that with the fact that TUF Live isn't actually live for a good portion of the viewers and add an announcer that is far too subdued to get people excited (don't get me wrong Anik seems like a nice dude, but he just doesn't seem to generate excitement about the upcoming fight).

I don't think the idea of TUF is too worn to be a draw, but I do think the production decisions made this season are really hurting the franchise when they had an opportunity to really start strong on a new channel.

4/13/12 3:05 PM
invalid
346 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mixedmartialfarts - I'm sure a good deal of that is due to the horrible decision to air on Friday nights...  

I'm pretty sure you're right. If DVRs didn't exist I would never see the show any more (half the time I fast forward the drama anyway)
4/13/12 3:16 PM
jjj2121

mixedmartialfarts - 
jjj2121 - 

I'm sure a good deal of that is due to the horrible decision to air on Friday nights... compound that with the fact that TUF Live isn't actually live for a good portion of the viewers and add an announcer that is far too subdued to get people excited (don't get me wrong Anik seems like a nice dude, but he just doesn't seem to generate excitement about the upcoming fight).

I don't think the idea of TUF is too worn to be a draw, but I do think the production decisions made this season are really hurting the franchise when they had an opportunity to really start strong on a new channel.

Midweek primetime TV space is valuable, FX has good original content that gobble up those spots.  MMA isn't as wildly popular as a lot of MMA fans seem to think it is.
4/13/12 3:29 PM
mixedmartialfarts

Edited: 04/13/12 3:33 PM
jjj2121 - 
mixedmartialfarts - 
jjj2121 - 

Midweek primetime TV space is valuable, FX has good original content that gobble up those spots.  MMA isn't as wildly popular as a lot of MMA fans seem to think it is.
Scheduled for the upcoming week on FX during TUF's 10pm time slot:

Monday: Death Race (Movie)
Tuesday: Forgetting Sarah Marshall (Movie)
Wednesday: Step Brothers (Movie)
Thursday: The Curious Case of Benjamin Fucking Buttons (Movie)
Friday: TUF

On top of that, between 5pm-10pm all week they are either showing movies or repeats of Two and a Half Men or How I Met Your Mother.  I realize that MMA is still in it's infancy in regards to fans, but sweet potato christ they can afford to bump a movie night or a syndicated show to give TUF (original programming) a chance.  If they aren't willing to make some simple and no-brainer concessions like scheduling around old content to make way for TUF then they had no business picking up the show to begin with and it's already doomed.

4/13/12 4:44 PM
Chris
418 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, COO
@DanaWhite: The Ultimate Fighter Live tonight on FX Proctor is -300 Tickle is +230 at all MGM resorts. Who do you guys like tonight?
4/13/12 5:01 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

Chris - @DanaWhite: The Ultimate Fighter Live tonight on FX Proctor is -300 Tickle is +230 at all MGM resorts. Who do you guys like tonight?
Definetely Proctor.

Looked awesome in his first fight. Tickle hasn't been training 100%. Proctor trains with Joe Lauzon who is one of the best LW's in the world and Tickle does not seem to have the best work ethic/mindset to be on the show.

Proctor takes this easily IMO. Phone Post
4/13/12 5:30 PM
jjj2121

mixedmartialfarts - 
jjj2121 - 
mixedmartialfarts - 
jjj2121 - 

Scheduled for the upcoming week on FX during TUF's 10pm time slot:

Monday: Death Race (Movie)
Tuesday: Forgetting Sarah Marshall (Movie)
Wednesday: Step Brothers (Movie)
Thursday: The Curious Case of Benjamin Fucking Buttons (Movie)
Friday: TUF

On top of that, between 5pm-10pm all week they are either showing movies or repeats of Two and a Half Men or How I Met Your Mother.  I realize that MMA is still in it's infancy in regards to fans, but sweet potato christ they can afford to bump a movie night or a syndicated show to give TUF (original programming) a chance.  If they aren't willing to make some simple and no-brainer concessions like scheduling around old content to make way for TUF then they had no business picking up the show to begin with and it's already doomed.

You can scratch out 5-8 pm since there is no shot it airs before 8 pm EST.  8-11 pm time is when the $ is made.  Moreover, it's not about 1 weeks worth of programming, you are committing 12-15 weeks (not sure how many eps this season is) per season and they do 2 seasons per year, correct?  Also consider that this strays from FX's usual programming, so regular viewers are not likely to stick around through our homosexual skinhead fighting show and end up changing the channel.  These are all things a network has to consider.  All of Spike's programming blows so they were able to make that commitment that FX isn't, at least at this point. 

Personally I think the format has got to change somehow.  I think the show is stale.  Fridays do not help (Bellator NEEDS to get the hell off of Fridays much worse than TUF IMO, if they moved to something like Tuesday or Wednesday they'd dominate MMA Media coverage at midweek, as it stands now the big MMA sites are focused on UFC shows whenever they are on and Bellator gets bumped to the back page) but the ratings were sinking on Spike when it was on Wednesdays...that's because the show is very stale.  I was really excited when they announced the fights were going to be live but as I watch the show I'm usually doing something else with the TV on in the background until the last 15 minutes when the fight starts.

4/13/12 6:26 PM
ILikePsych

^^^^^^^

Agreed. I can't stand the drama at the beginning of the show. They need to get rid of the whole concept of making the guys live together and focus on the talent instead. Let the guys train in their normal camp and then fly them in like other fighters. Get rid of the teams and just bring in "guest coaches" to help out with corners. They could still get advertising for the guys on upcoming PPVs and it'll help increase the performance of the athletes to make more exciting fights (not that the fights have been bad but how many times do you see guys gas in one round). Fill the undercard with 2-3 ammy fights in place of the drama too. That way we get more fights, promising amateurs get valuable exposure before turning pro, and most importantly ( from ZUFFA's perspective) they get to scout new talent while seeing how they handle the pressure of fighting on the big stage.
4/13/12 7:19 PM
SteveDav

For the guys watching on espn uk i had the same issues with losing the end of the programme but if you record the next show you get the end of TUF in at the start of that, it's like the timing is all messed up for some reason? Phone Post
4/13/12 7:28 PM
neil11
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay -
MartinD - Will have to wait till tomorrow to find out who wins. ESPN uk always cuts off half way through the fucking fights! Phone Post
I experienced this last week...

I missed the decision between Iaquinta and Jury. Usually I download the episode the next day if I miss the ending. Phone Post
I've started manually adding an extra half hour on the sky box. You can make it do the same time every week so you won't miss anything. Phone Post
4/13/12 7:30 PM
discodrew
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I dont watch cause the tape delay.

i kinda miss the old tuf Phone Post
4/13/12 8:09 PM
Lahzerous
283 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER LIVE!!!!!!!!!!! Except for over half the country!!!!
4/13/12 8:50 PM
JohnnyChrist

who's watching the nhl playoffs instead?
4/13/12 8:53 PM
ThePoopWizard
680 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JohnnyChrist - who's watching the nhl playoffs instead?
Nope Phone Post
4/13/12 8:54 PM
invalid

JohnnyChrist - who's watching the nhl playoffs instead?

me. probably watch the fight sunday afternoon
4/13/12 10:06 PM
Shroom
447 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I sure hope tickle gets steamrolled out there.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.