UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Fitch vs. Simpson bout likely for 149

4/13/12 3:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
LTL
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jon Fitch Welcomes Aaron Simpson to the UFC Welterweight Division

Aaron Simpson’s first trip to welterweight will be a tough test for the former NCAA All-American, as he faces former title contender Jon Fitch.

Sources close to the fight confirmed the bout to MMAWeekly.com on Wednesday with bout agreements issued for the contest, but no date has been named yet for the event the welterweight showdown will take place at.

Rumors have placed the Fitch vs. Simpson bout’s likely landing pad at UFC 149 in Calgary, but again nothing is set in stone at this time.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/jon-fitch-welcomes-aaron-simpson-to-the-welterweight-division
4/13/12 3:53 PM
MMApostle
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First card in our beautiful city of Calgary and they put fucking Fitch on it? Bullshit.
4/13/12 3:57 PM
Devereaux

I thought at first that Fitch was moving up in weight. It wouldn't be a bad idea. Imagine Uberfitch.
4/13/12 4:16 PM
RandyDarsh
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMApostle - First card in our beautiful city of Calgary and they put fucking Fitch on it? Bullshit.
Lol!
Fitch by decision, or Simpson by vicious early one punch. Phone Post
4/13/12 4:24 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
773 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yawn Phone Post
4/13/12 4:35 PM
Leck Brosnar

Pretty good matchup for Simpson actually, I don't think Fitch can do what he usually does to his opponents.
4/13/12 4:48 PM
Hate420
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^ LuLZ....Simpson got outwrestled by Leben,he's fuckt.
4/13/12 4:50 PM
Billyz
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

interesting
4/13/12 4:54 PM
nhbguy
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leck Brosnar - Pretty good matchup for Simpson actually, I don't think Fitch can do what he usually does to his opponents.

I agree, it's actually a pretty interesting style matchup. It may not be the most aesthetically pleasing fight, but I think Simpson creates a lot of real problems for Fitch. If you look at Fitch's record, he hasn't beaten a lot of top level wrestlers. There are a few college level wrestlers like Brock Larson and Mike Pierce(who he struggled with), but the two best wrestlers he ever fought were GSP and Johnny Hendricks, and he lost to both of them.

Simpson is an excellant wrestler and a much more powerful striker than Fitch. I'm guessing the odds will be pretty skewed in Fitch's favor, but there might be some money to be made on Simpson for those so inclined.
4/13/12 4:57 PM
Jacinto
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man, i feel sorry for Fitch for all the hate he catches on here but in honesty i too would rather watch grass grow than one of his fights.
4/13/12 5:00 PM
Purgey
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What if Fitch does an anti-GSP and just starts steamrolling everything in his path?
4/13/12 5:13 PM
Carrtrouble
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Purgey - What if Fitch does an anti-GSP and just starts steamrolling everything in his path?
Lol we can dream Phone Post
4/13/12 6:40 PM
mmavixen
1112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My husband and I disagree on this.  He thinks Fitch wins by UD, I think the A-Train gets a KO.  We'll see who has to take out the garbage that week...
4/13/12 7:43 PM
Chiron
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Simpson by SD.
4/14/12 2:20 AM
Atomac
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nhbguy - 
Leck Brosnar - Pretty good matchup for Simpson actually, I don't think Fitch can do what he usually does to his opponents.

I agree, it's actually a pretty interesting style matchup. It may not be the most aesthetically pleasing fight, but I think Simpson creates a lot of real problems for Fitch. If you look at Fitch's record, he hasn't beaten a lot of top level wrestlers. There are a few college level wrestlers like Brock Larson and Mike Pierce(who he struggled with), but the two best wrestlers he ever fought were GSP and Johnny Hendricks, and he lost to both of them.

Simpson is an excellant wrestler and a much more powerful striker than Fitch. I'm guessing the odds will be pretty skewed in Fitch's favor, but there might be some money to be made on Simpson for those so inclined.

It's kinda hard to tell if Hendricks or Fitch is the better wrestler because the only thing that happened in that fight was Hendricks punching Fitch's face off his face.
4/14/12 2:30 AM
BaraoKix

If you dont want to be wrestlef@cked- Knock 'em out!
4/16/12 12:34 PM
nhbguy
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Atomac - 
nhbguy - 

It's kinda hard to tell if Hendricks or Fitch is the better wrestler because the only thing that happened in that fight was Hendricks punching Fitch's face off his face.

I think it's fair to say that Hendricks is a far more accomplished wrestler as a 2x national champion than Fitch. I know that doesn't mean that he's a better mma wrestler, but on paper Hendricks is the best wrestler Fitch has ever fought(along with GSP), and he lost to both of them.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.