UnderGround Forums

Anaconda No-Gi UnderGround >> Does anyone else get hip inflammation?

4/14/12 8:37 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Kneeblock
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When I was a kid and just getting into martial arts I used to do a bunch of dumb stuff that I'm convinced ruined my hips forever like jumping into splits with no warm-up etc.

For the past 10 years or so, when I roll, my hips cramp up and get super inflamed.  The pain can last for a couple days thereafter.  Ironically, I tend to feel the pain most when I have my hooks in in the mount or on the back mount and I'm stretching the person out.  In my guard, i rarely feel it.  

Anyone else suffer from this?  It's like my kryptonite as it takes me completely out of it mid-roll.
4/14/12 11:56 PM
Kneeblock
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4/15/12 11:28 AM
Kneeblock

4/30/12 5:38 PM
jewrad
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^ You have a huge pussy!! Phone Post
4/30/12 5:59 PM
e. kaye
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Getting old sucks.  

All of the old Shotokan guys I know have had hip replacements.

What looks pretty for kata, is bad mechanics and bad for your hips.  

I am paying that price and I only did Shotokan for 4 1/2 years, twenty years ago.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.